IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Looks like Brook v Jessie Vargas is on for 27/8 or 3/9 at Bramall Lane. It's costing Eddie Hearn $1.7m to get Vargas over here.

A bit more like the level Kell should be fighting at, his last 3 fights have been a waste of time- particularly as he beat a very dangerous Porter for the title. Dan, Gavin and Bizier ffs!

• Like 1

Just been reading that Amir khan wants to represent Pakistan at rio 2016? Seems strange considering he has won a silver medal with Great Britain at previous Olympics . Also strange as he seems the only professional boxer keen on the idea of allowing pro boxers to enter Olympics .

23 hours ago, Stortz said:

Looks like Brook v Jessie Vargas is on for 27/8 or 3/9 at Bramall Lane. It's costing Eddie Hearn $1.7m to get Vargas over here.

A bit more like the level Kell should be fighting at, his last 3 fights have been a waste of time- particularly as he beat a very dangerous Porter for the title. Dan, Gavin and Bizier ffs!

Hearn seems to have been over-protective of Kell since he won the world title. I know he had the stabbing incident but like you say those three fights have been uninspiring and he's won them all easily. Vargas seems like a logical step up in class though other than Bradley (who he lost to) hasn't been in with much quality himself.

When he won the title it seemed there was a host of mega-fights out there for Kell but it hasn't materialised. Surely the Khan fight has to happen next year.

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 17:31, Spoons said:

Just been reading that Amir khan wants to represent Pakistan at rio 2016? Seems strange considering he has won a silver medal with Great Britain at previous Olympics . Also strange as he seems the only professional boxer keen on the idea of allowing pro boxers to enter Olympics .

Don't think it's going to happen, the WBC have now said a 2yr ban will follow for any professional who competes in the Olympics, which would end any chance of Khan/Garcia 2.

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 19:22, Maltshoveller said:

Letting Pro boxers into the Olympics could end in tears SHOCKING  

+1. Ridiculous idea, someone will get hurt, and it denies amateurs the feeling of winning a medal a la Khan, Harrison, Joshua etc.

16 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hearn seems to have been over-protective of Kell since he won the world title. I know he had the stabbing incident but like you say those three fights have been uninspiring and he's won them all easily. Vargas seems like a logical step up in class though other than Bradley (who he lost to) hasn't been in with much quality himself.

When he won the title it seemed there was a host of mega-fights out there for Kell but it hasn't materialised. Surely the Khan fight has to happen next year.

I think it's been bad luck and bad judgement for Brook, who has lost a lot of time with his injury, however has focussed way too much on Amir Khan, and he's now been left holding his dick with next to no chance of that fight happening. Even after Vargas it needs to be a big name again with a Garcia or the winner of Postol v Crawford.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I see Bellew has got a little carried away and called out Haye!!

Haye would go through him in 2 rounds easily 

+1. I like Tony but no version of Tony beats any version of Haye.

19 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think it was a mix of an obsession with the Khan fight and Hearn aiming a bit high for opponents given Brook's non-existent profile in the US rather than being over-protective. The fights have been mandatory defences but deeply uninspiring ones!

I do believe Brook would beat Khan fairly handily if they do ever fight. I think Khan sees it as a cashing out fight that will always be there, even if he loses to Garcia or whoever again first.

3 hours ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Don't think it's going to happen, the WBC have now said a 2yr ban will follow for any professional who competes in the Olympics, which would end any chance of Khan/Garcia 2.

+1. Ridiculous idea, someone will get hurt, and it denies amateurs the feeling of winning a medal a la Khan, Harrison, Joshua etc.

I think it's been bad luck and bad judgement for Brook, who has lost a lot of time with his injury, however has focussed way too much on Amir Khan, and he's now been left holding his dick with next to no chance of that fight happening. Even after Vargas it needs to be a big name again with a Garcia or the winner of Postol v Crawford.

+1. I like Tony but no version of Tony beats any version of Haye.

Postol Crawford could be a stone cold classic.

Agreed on Bellew, Haye would smash him to bits, even in the big boy's nappy he was sporting against that tomato can on Dave! Haye is far too fast, Bellew wouldn't know wtf had hit him.

21 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And what I fight that would be by the way

Ward is signed to fight Kovalev at the end of the year i believe, after Kov has dealt with Chilemba in between.

I love Golovkin, shame Canelo ducked him after all the talk of Mexicans 'not ****ing about' post Khan!

20 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Ward had no choice,ggg was farting about and ward said sod this I will fight someone who wants to fight me

Well Canelo had promised to fight him many times so you can understand why he was looking at that fight more given the Mexican audience.

I think Ward is the best p4p boxer operating now from a technical point of view. The fight with Kovalev is a very interesting one too imo, given Kov's power and obduracy.

Btw, a great tribute to Ali here they just showed a bit of on box nation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnzofi_QltI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Stortz
shameful grammar