IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

He is clearly disturbed but I would be sad to see him go because he is an entertainer - sadly, more so outside the ring than inside.  He clearly has talent and if he does retire I feel the division will be the poorer without him.  Hopefully his team will help him to rehabilitate himself so that he can come back and compete once more.

6 hours ago, Tomarse said:

See from AJs twitter that they seem to be sparing together. Maybe easier to arrange now if the WBA and co strip Fury of the belts 

I think that picture was from Summer 2014 when they sparred quite a bit together.

Fury sounds adrift in this Rolling Stone interview from earlier:

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/tyson-fury-boxing-champ-opens-up-about-drug-use-w443250

' Listen, I've done a lot of things in my life. I've done lots of cocaine. Lots of it. Why shouldn't I take cocaine? It's my life isn't it? I can do what I want. Yeah, I have done cocaine. Plenty of people have done cocaine as well. What the **** has that got to do with anything? That ain't a performance enhancing drug. Am I not allowed to have a life now as well? Do they want to take my personal life off me too? I've not been in a gym for months. I've not been training. I've been going through depression. I just don't want to live anymore, if you know what I’m saying. I've had total enough of it. They've forced me to the breaking edge. Never mind cocaine. I just didn't care. I don't want to live anymore. So cocaine is a little minor thing compared to not wanting to live anymore'

Edited by Stortz

52 minutes ago, Super said:

Ricky Burns fight likely to be any good tonight? Don't usually get many fights on a Friday night? well apart from city centre's!

I haven't seen Relikh before tbh but he is supposed to be a dangerous puncher and has a high KO ratio- 19 in 21 wins. Hatton is training him and is really talking up his chances (as he would!) but he hasn't been in with anyone like Burns before and the Hydro is an intimidating place to fight him. Burns also has the carrot of  potential fight with the entirely detestable Adrien Broner in Vegas if he gets through Relikh.

The bookies typically have Burns at around 1/4 on.

There could well be some real fireworks in the main support, Whyte v Lewison. Both are Brixton boys and absolutely hate each other- they had to be separated at the presser the other day. Yesterday at the weigh in Whyte was grabbing Lewison's man boobs haha- whatever you think of Dillian, he is always entertaining. I think it's a good job this one is taking place in Glasgow rather than London or it'd be going off in the crowd far more than the ring!

• Like 1