IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

59 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Looks like he got power,the bloke he was fighting tho was swinging lile he was in a pub car park 

I think that first knock down discombobulated him! Prieto had never been stopped before in 30 fights, had only lost once and has a 71% KO ratio! This was meant to be a decent test for Beterbiev on the comeback trail from a serious injury but the first time he touched Prieto it was game over.

Beterbiev has terrifying natural power, I would absolutely love to see him fight Adonis Stevenson and he has beef with Kovalev too. Great fights out there for him in 2017.

5 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Probably about money too, it would generate a few quid for sure. If they did one MMA fight and one boxing match it might be interesting.  Makes you wonder if Manny/Flloyd 2 is not going ahead 

That is exactly what they should do 2 fights one in each code.... then the decider should be a tiddlywinks face off

On 12/23/2016 at 19:37, Stortz said:

I'm awarding uppercut of the year now tbh

Fight of the year either Frampton Santa Cruz or Chocolatito Cuardas imo

Beterbiev on box nation tonight as well the grim bastard!

I love how, just as Charlo lands his uppercut, one of the two blondes in the front row turns to talk to her friend (who appears to be looking at her phone) only to turn around and see Williams on the canvas. Her anguished cry of 'Oh No!' is a classic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I love how, just as Charlo lands his uppercut, one of the two blondes in the front row turns to talk to her friend (who appears to be looking at her phone) only to turn around and see Williams on the canvas. Her anguished cry of 'Oh No!' is a classic.

Hahaha was about to post the same!! How much for those seats?

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

:facepalm:

I cannot help liking him! He was sometimes a wonderful fighter and sometimes he frustrated - but he was always his own man and unique. I can see that he must be a pain in the arse to deal with and that the promoters are used to dealing with pushovers and not a man who still carries the hurt of being short changed when he was an active boxer.

On 12/29/2016 at 20:41, Tomarse said:

Oh don't get me wrong as a boxer he was part of the era that made me love boxing. ITV played a part in that too so I can see why he's trying to get his boy down that route. ITV made the likes of him and Benn superstars in every living room.

I agree with you totally there, glory days for boxing. I can't help but think that senior has almost become a caricature of himself in the last few years though. He is ruining Junior's career.

Eddie Hearn does a forty minute takedown on him here haha, I can't believe he asked for an appearance fee to attend Barry Hearn's 60th birthday party!

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Repeat.

You'd think so wouldn't you. When I watched the fight again it seemed more one sided than on the night, Linares is absolute class.

Crolla pulled off miracles v Perez and Barroso so you never know, but it's hard to make a case for him here unless Linares has an off night- and he hasn't done that for nearly 5 years.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stortz said:

You'd think so wouldn't you. When I watched the fight again it seemed more one sided than on the night, Linares is absolute class.

Crolla pulled off miracles v Perez and Barroso so you never know, but it's hard to make a case for him here unless Linares has an off night- and he hasn't done that for nearly 5 years.

Totally agree. Still the first fight was excellent so another good fight to look forward too this year.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/chris-eubank-jnr-vs-renold-quinlan-show-details-revealed/

Eubank PPV details announced. Essentially, £13 for a card that wouldn't look out of place on Channel 5 or Dave.

The mad thing is, if they just put the whole event on normal ITV on a Saturday night, it would probably rate very well and start to properly establish Eubank with the UK market, with a view to building towards genuine PPV/elite level fights a year or so down the line. But asking for £13 for the privilege of watching him tee off on some nobody who's barely in the top 50 at the weight is mental.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/chris-eubank-jnr-vs-renold-quinlan-show-details-revealed/

Eubank PPV details announced. Essentially, £13 for a card that wouldn't look out of place on Channel 5 or Dave.

The mad thing is, if they just put the whole event on normal ITV on a Saturday night, it would probably rate very well and start to properly establish Eubank with the UK market, with a view to building towards genuine PPV/elite level fights a year or so down the line. But asking for £13 for the privilege of watching him tee off on some nobody who's barely in the top 50 at the weight is mental.

It's a truly shambolic promotion. They changed the venue a couple of days ago.

I see David Price is fighting Christian Hammer on the undercard too. You would need to be certifiable to pay 13 quid for that imo.

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

I mean seriously.. is anyone going to pay for it? Surely sales will force it onto freeview.

Have to agree. Can't see many people buying this, especially with the undercard (which is rather good by the way) being free on ITV4.

Personally I rate Eubank Jr, kid's got the talent to go far. Think he's missed a trick by not putting this fight out for free on terrestrial ITV. He could easily become a household name overnight with many casuals, albeit at the expense of a few quid. But the big money fights, and public interest, would come in time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SARJ said:

Have to agree. Can't see many people buying this, especially with the undercard (which is rather good by the way) being free on ITV4.

Personally I rate Eubank Jr, kid's got the talent to go far. Think he's missed a trick by not putting this fight out for free on terrestrial ITV. He could easily become a household name overnight with many casuals, albeit at the expense of a few quid. But the big money fights, and public interest, would come in time.

I reckon Kid Galahad v TBA, John Ryder v Adam Etches and Glass Mandible Price v Hammer is pushing 'rather good' to its limit Sarj!

You're right though, they're still potentially better fights than the main event so it seems weird that that bit will be free.

On 7/9/2016 at 06:39, B1ackbird said:

Anyone interested in Amateur Boxing?

There is a new boxing exchange being set up between Bristol & Cork.

I moved to Cork a few years ago and run a club there.  The exchange program is brand new, but intends to run longterm and forge strong links between the two cities whilst showcasing boxing talent.

For full details etc.  There is a Facebook page "Cork-Bristol Boxing Exchange Programme"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, soultrader said:

I moved to Cork a few years ago and run a club there.  The exchange program is brand new, but intends to run longterm and forge strong links between the two cities whilst showcasing boxing talent.

For full details etc.  There is a Facebook page "Cork-Bristol Boxing Exchange Programme"

Not a facebook user personally but good luck with this mate. Let us know if you have any events in Bristol or unearth any gems we should know about!

16 hours ago, soultrader said:

@soultrader I'm an amateur boxer and would definitely be interested in competing. Feel free to PM with details. I'll join the facebook page when I finish work later.

Cheers pal.

8 hours ago, Super said:

Apparently this Jeff Horn bloke Pacman is fighting is a schoolteacher!  Wish Manny would hang his gloves up. Unstoppable for that 2-3 year period around the time he fought Hatton but way past his best now and giving pay days to bums/schoolteachers seems such a sad way to go out...

I still seriously think Manny in his prime would've beaten Mayweather and I think Money May knew that hence he never took the fight at the time! Shame we'll never know for sure

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 10:05, SARJ said:

@soultrader I'm an amateur boxer and would definitely be interested in competing. Feel free to PM with details. I'll join the facebook page when I finish work later.

Cheers pal.

One of the bouts made for the Cork leg ...

Shauna O'Keeffe will be boxing against Bristol and team GB's Natalie Craig at the Cork-Bristol Boxing Exchange tournament on Sat 21st January - should be a great contest!