IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Boy did well to get through those middle rounds.  I wonder if he came in a bit too heavy, but fair does, he sucked it up for 4 rounds and came back strong.  

He will have learned a lot  maybe too much muscle that sapped his oxygen in those middle rounds. The guy showed heart there.

edit I will add, he got lucky wlad did not hit the chin with the second punch on the knockdown, as it would have been all over, but you can only comeback if you have the chance to. Well done AJ

Edited by TRL

Just now, petehinton said:

AJ got away with that big time. If that went to points he was a gonner. 

Much prefer UFC these days. No hiding and no clinging, just out and out war for 30 minutes.  

no he wasn't they read out the score cards he was ahead on 2 of the 3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Much prefer UFC these days. No hiding and no clinging, just out and out war for 30 minutes.  

Each to there own,I don't like grown men cuddling each other on the floor for 2 minutes which is why UFC doesn't appeal to me

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Hey Pete, do one. No hiding or clinging but rolling around like distant lovers in spandex briefs all night eh

Edited by Stortz

Just now, Orbital said:

Indeed, but those cards were generous. I thought it was pretty even up to that point, possibly with Klitchsko shading it due to those middle rounds,

I had Wlad up by 1, but your and my decision would have meant nowt if it had gone to cards

• Like 1

Wilder talking about a bout, but I think Joshua would take him out under 5 rounds.

I do honestly believe right now Fury would be Joshua. Fury is just a pain in the ass and doesn't play to the boxing script. 

Joshua still has a lot to learn. But he took a giant step forward tonight.

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

Wilder talking about a bout, but I think Joshua would take him out under 5 rounds.

I do honestly believe right now Fury would be Joshua. Fury is just a pain in the ass and doesn't play to the boxing script. 

I think Joshua would bang him out inside 4

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

Fury is another one tbf who has been put down a few times and got up and won,he's just happy taking peds and eating kebabs at the moment 

What a fight.

I agree with @TRL about the muscle weight. AJ was gassing for 3 rounds after the knockdown and barely throwing anything back. He can't afford to do that again, particularly in with a younger fitter opponent with more of a killer instinct. I actually thought his corner could've thrown the towel in at one point.

I thought Wlad could have finished him but knew he wouldn't as that's not his style, he prefers a chess match.

Wlad was quality tonight though and deserves huge praise.

The night was made complete by Eddie Hearn getting booed at the end and finally realising that no one wants to hear from you ya bell end!

Great stuff. Could they do it all again?

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

UFC doesn't even come close. Each to their own though 

depends what you are looking for.  UFC covers many forms of fighting tactics whereas boxing covers 1.

UFC if far more technically challenging, but I do prefer boxing out of the two.

Get a boxer in with a UFC fighter at the same weight and UFC fighter wins... unless the boxer has had the relevant training.

• Like 1

Just now, TRL said:

depends what you are looking for.  UFC covers many forms of fighting tactics whereas boxing covers 1.

Get a boxer in with a UFC fighter at the same weight and UFC fighter wins... unless the boxer has had the relevant training.

Boxing covers boxing,UFC covers a lot obviously but majority is wrestling on the floor slamming a few elbows in the face,I know what I prefer

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What a fight.

I agree with @TRL about the muscle weight. AJ was gassing for 3 rounds after the knockdown and barely throwing anything back. He can't afford to do that again, particularly in with a younger fitter opponent with more of a killer instinct. I actually thought his corner could've thrown the towel in at one point.

I thought Wlad could have finished him but knew he wouldn't as that's not his style, he prefers a chess match.

The night was made complete by Eddie Hearn getting booed at the end and finally realising that no one wants to hear from you ya bell end!

Good point mate,had that been in America I think the ref might of waved AJ out

Just now, TRL said:

Yes sorry I should of just said i don't like UFC . Love boxing. Both brutal though 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

What a fight.

I reckon Wlad 10 years younger would have taken AJ's head off after the 6th. But he must have had so much belief in his own fight management not to do it.  That decision bit him in the ass, I think as you say AJ was there for the taking, I bet those muscles were feeling so tired for a few rounds, legs wobbly and arms feeling like lead.  Showed heart, a lot of heart, but I am betting Wlad feels like he made the wrong decision in that fight now.

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Boxing covers boxing,UFC covers a lot obviously but majority is wrestling on the floor slamming a few elbows in the face,I know what I prefer

Indeed, I also prefer boxing.  UFC is very much dependent on your style, its not all on the floor with elbows to the head, the most spectacular knockouts are far from floor based grappling,unless you are looking at the woman's ex champ when it was all about dislocating the oopponents arm.

UFC is brutal where as boxing imo has more class.

I like both, but prefer boxing.

• Like 2