IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

3 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Evening all, looking forward to a distraction from the football after another disappointing result for Wednesday today.

I've ended being dragged into the build up the last couple of days, not watched any of the promotional stuff but enjoyed lots of interviews on IFL, just sat listening to the Costello and Bunce podcasts from this week before the under card starts.

Going for Mayweather in the 6th.

Relegation battle your lot :boxing:

• Haha 1

100% you put Floyd into MMA and McGregor would destroy him.

Many people are expecting a easy win for Mayweather but I'm really struggling to agree. OK McGregor hasn't boxed professionally and certainly doesn't have the experience of Mayweather but boxing isn't exactly alien to McGregor is it? Tbh I've not followed much of his career (I've seen more of Mayweather than him) but I'm guessing being Irish he can box.

One of Floyds tactics has always been to play dirty and get hold his opponent  (something that has always annoyed me) this ain't going to work against McGregor as he is used to the close combat from his MMA days.

Add in the fact Floyd hasn't fought for 2 years and I really do think McGregor is going to upset the odds.

Imo the reason he is not being given much of a chance by many is because people don't want a 'outsider' winning and showing up their beloved sport so they simply just try to dismiss his chances .

28 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

100% you put Floyd into MMA and McGregor would destroy him.

Many people are expecting a easy win for Mayweather but I'm really struggling to agree. OK McGregor hasn't boxed professionally and certainly doesn't have the experience of Mayweather but boxing isn't exactly alien to McGregor is it? Tbh I've not followed much of his career (I've seen more of Mayweather than him) but I'm guessing being Irish he can box.

One of Floyds tactics has always been to play dirty and get hold his opponent  (something that has always annoyed me) this ain't going to work against McGregor as he is used to the close combat from his MMA days.

Add in the fact Floyd hasn't fought for 2 years and I really do think McGregor is going to upset the odds.

Imo the reason he is not being given much of a chance by many is because people don't want a 'outsider' winning and showing up their beloved sport so they simply just try to dismiss his chances .

You are guessing he's good at boxing because he's Irish :facepalm:,floyd isn't dirty either,I will give you he's a old man who hasn't boxed for ages and that's why they are fighting,if mcgregor was in against the best p4p around he would be wiped out first round 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You are guessing he's good at boxing because he's Irish :facepalm:,floyd isn't dirty either,I will give you he's a old man who hasn't boxed for ages and that's why they are fighting,if mcgregor was in against the best p4p around he would be wiped out first round 

I explained that badly. Admittedly I've not followed McGregor career but the Irish are known for their bare knuckle fighting so I'd say it's an educated guess that McGregor can box.

Think people are getting too caught up on the fact he is a MMA fighter. TThis isn't a cricketer being asked to play centre forward in football. This is a fighter being asked to fight, just with different rules.

McGregor hasn't just walked off of the street into this. He is an experienced talented athlete.

Floyd not dirty????? I've heard it all now. He knows every trick in the book, how to bend the rules how to play the refs etc.

Edited by Up The City!

23 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I explained that badly. Admittedly I've not followed McGregor career but the Irish are known for their bare knuckle fighting so I'd say it's an educated guess that McGregor can box.

Think people are getting too caught up on the fact he is a MMA fighter. TThis isn't a cricketer being asked to play centre forward in football. This is a fighter being asked to fight, just with different rules.

McGregor hasn't just walked off of the street into this. He is an experienced talented athlete.

Floyd not dirty????? I've heard it all now. He knows every trick in the book, how to bend the rules how to play the refs etc.

bare knuckle fighting is nothing like boxing mate,don't think you understand boxing tbh,mcgregor has a punchers chance and that's it