IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

21 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Nice to see pretty much every possible outcome predicted already, so rare it happens before fights. Really like this tournament format, stops any potential silliness from fighters trying to duck opponents, making silly demands etc.

The super six with Froch, Kessler, Ward etc was a glimpse of how this sort of thing could be done but lost some of its momentum as it went on. Kalle Saurland has smashed this out of the park, it's so well organised.

It's also been a godsend to Jnr and his IBO belt after his dad pissed off every promoter so much he was on the verge of becoming irrelevant.

Edited by Stortz

5 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah, it's almost felt weird having the build up to such a big fight without seeing Eddie Hearn's face everywhere. 

To be fair to Edward, he has taken it in pretty good grace. You can see how much having some of his stable in such a successful rival promotion is screwing him though!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stortz said:

The super six with Froch, Kessler, Ward etc was a glimpse of how this sort of thing could be done but lost some of its momentum as it went on. Kalle Saurland has smashed this out of the park, it's so well organised.

It's also been a godsend to Jnr and his IBO belt after his dad pissed off every promoter so much he was on the verge of becoming irrelevant.

Went to the opener of the Super six when Froch beat Dirrell. It didn't start till about 2am despite being at the Trent arena due to the tournament being aired in America. Forest had played Newcastle in a televised evening game so by the time the fight came round there was thousands of very drunk and lairy Froch fans causing chaos around the arena. Was a terrible fight as well, I thought he'd lost it at the time.  Shame I didn't take a photo when the fighters were in the actual ring :laugh:

Photo0255.thumb.jpg.4ac51240715516e179e7c94302ad2622.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Went to the opener of the Super six when Froch beat Dirrell. It didn't start till about 2am despite being at the Trent arena due to the tournament being aired in America. Forest had played Newcastle in a televised evening game so by the time the fight came round there was thousands of very drunk and lairy Froch fans causing chaos around the arena. Was a terrible fight as well, I thought he'd lost it at the time.  Shame I didn't take a photo when the fighters were in the actual ring :laugh:

Photo0255.thumb.jpg.4ac51240715516e179e7c94302ad2622.jpg

Fair play mate. Despite the knobend he latterly morphed into, I still love Froch and his belligerence as a fighter. His bouts against Taylor, Bute, both Kessler fights and the first Groves one were absolutely mint. No shame in being outsmarted by Ward either. Granite chinned bastard haha.

Edit, never get tired of the end of the Taylor fight

To quote Rob McCracken 'he's ******* hard, Froch'

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Stortz said:

Fair play mate. Despite the knobend he latterly morphed into, I still love Froch and his belligerence as a fighter. His bouts against Taylor, Bute, both Kessler fights and the first Groves one were absolutely mint. No shame in being outsmarted by Ward either. Granite chinned bastard haha.

Edit, never get tired of the end of the Taylor fight

To quote Rob McCracken 'he's ******* hard, Froch'

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Never seen a chin quite like Froch had. If Groves hits Jr with some of the punches Froch took you’d think he wouldn’t be getting up of the canvas.

The Taylor stoppage was unreal.

Yeah, outrageous chin. Glad he retired when he did really, could have ended up with some serious health problems otherwise.  

4 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Adam Booth in the Mail today revealing some sparring stories from last year. 

Said the last time Groves sparred Eubank, he wobbled Junior quite badly with a left hook. So it certainly looks like natural weight may play a part in this bout..........if you believe these sparring stories of course.

They have had him in Boxing News this week too, did the Mail lift it from there I wonder?

I thought this was the most interesting quote from Booth:

“In terms of difficulty, Eubank is tougher than anyone Groves has boxed. If he can’t keep Eubank on the end of that long jab, the fight is incredibly hard for Groves and Eubank will be the hardest opponent he has fought.

“A lot depends on whether Groves can control the distance and whether he’s emotionally and technically competent enough when he can’t control the distance. But they are both wrong for each other. Eubank is potentially going to be hit harder than he ever has been hit. I don’t think George will be hit harder than he ever has been hit, but, if he allows Eubank to claim that space, he will certainly be hit more than he’s ever been hit.”

From here: http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/adam-booth-on-george-groves-and-chris-eubank-jr-spars-there-was-only-one-occasion-when-one-was-slightly-hurt/

• Like 3

George Groves - 167.1lbs

Chris Eubank Jr - 167.6lbs

Always hate weigh-ins, especially when fighters look drained as much as Groves. Is there any use in looking into it? I guess it still comes down to Groves controlling the fight rather his questionable gas-tank. He didn't look great against Cox but then again he was a Southpaw. 

28 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

George Groves - 167.1lbs

Chris Eubank Jr - 167.6lbs

Always hate weigh-ins, especially when fighters look drained as much as Groves. Is there any use in looking into it? I guess it still comes down to Groves controlling the fight rather his questionable gas-tank. He didn't look great against Cox but then again he was a Southpaw. 

Groves always looks drained before any fight but he isn’t,he could eat 8 kebabs and still wouldn’t change shape the lucky git

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Something like a fire box or any other android device mate,it just gets it for you,i used to search the sites myself looking for the best ones but with a apk it does it itself 

My phone is an android device, does that count? So I should look for an APK?