IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Great interview with Pete Fury on IFL - Eubank Jr should take on board everything he says 

It is a good interview. I can't help but think that it's a not so much a step down as a plummet from fighting Parker for a world title to fighting Sam Sexton in Bolton though.

Shame about Braehmer, he is resillient if not a bit dull these days and would have given Mundo a good fight. I don't reckon many will be paying ITV a tenner for this one now tbh!

21 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Great interview with Pete Fury on IFL - Eubank Jr should take on board everything he says 

Always enjoy listening to Peter Fury, knows his stuff and doesn't get caught up in any trash talking nonsense. Always respectful of other fighters.

The same can't be said about Tony Bellew unfortunately, wanted him to win the first fight but will be supporting Haye this time. He really is that old cliche of 'offended by everything, ashamed of nothing'. Thought Haye tried to be respectful today, and regardless of what they've both said in the past I thought Bellew came across badly at the press conference.

14 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Always enjoy listening to Peter Fury, knows his stuff and doesn't get caught up in any trash talking nonsense. Always respectful of other fighters.

The same can't be said about Tony Bellew unfortunately, wanted him to win the first fight but will be supporting Haye this time. He really is that old cliche of 'offended by everything, ashamed of nothing'. Thought Haye tried to be respectful today, and regardless of what they've both said in the past I thought Bellew came across badly at the press conference.

Pray for a Bellew win otherwise we'll be made to suffer number 3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lived bang opposite York Hall when I first moved to London. Think the day after moving in Prize Fighter was on, so watched the event in my flat on tv. Herbie Hide, (the big favourite on the night) won his first fight but had to withdraw after sustaining a bad cut (turned out to be his final ever fight). It seemed an odd moment when the presenter announced his withdrawal, to then look out of my window and see him climbing into an ambulance.:laugh:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Didnt sound like Smith was that good?

No he wasn’t,with all respect to holzkein Smith should of been taking people of that standard out,he won it easy but it wasn’t a case of superior boxing skills which It should of been,I was convinced mundo would win this tournament but his last couple of fights he hasn’t looked impressive