IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

They'd be stupid not to push the final back, it would be a joke if one of the losers went through. 

Eubank can win his IBO title back thou :whistle:

He doesn't have to wait that long, he could pick it up out of the bin where it belongs now!

If they don't delay until July/ August then the whole thing is pointless tbh.  I agree with @joe jordans teeth too, I reckon a fit Groves may beat Mundo after his recent performances.

• Haha 1

Was reading today that if AJ beats Parker and Wilder this year he'll be the first man to hold all 4 belts. How will it work from that point onward? Will all 4 be on the line each time he makes a defence? how will they become separated again? Will he just relinquish some of them if he doesn't think certain mandatory fights are financially worth it?

1 hour ago, Owl Visiting said:

Was reading today that if AJ beats Parker and Wilder this year he'll be the first man to hold all 4 belts. How will it work from that point onward? Will all 4 be on the line each time he makes a defence? how will they become separated again? Will he just relinquish some of them if he doesn't think certain mandatory fights are financially worth it?

You would hope the Governing bodies would back him, but it didn't take long for Fury to be Stripped for not forfilling a mantitory...

10 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I honk Fury lost the IBF within a week because of the rematch clause with Wlad. Calzaghe never managed to hold all the super middle belts due to being stripped before he beat Kesler. 

I guess he AJ still wouldn’t be linear champion till he beats Fury in theory? 

I feel pretty sick about it aswell...

:whistle:

Sorry mate..

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I honk Fury lost the IBF within a week because of the rematch clause with Wlad. Calzaghe never managed to hold all the super middle belts due to being stripped before he beat Kesler. 

I guess he AJ still wouldn’t be linear champion till he beats Fury in theory

Yes, you have to beat the holder or be next in line when he permenantly retires. Ring stripped Fury for inactivity last month didn't they (I believe it's the first time the Ring and Lineal titles have diverged at HW) but Tyson is still 'the man who beat the man'.

Speaking of the Heavyweights, Deontay Wilder in making a knob of himself sensation:

Ortiz looks like he means BUSINESS. Wilder thinks he is so much better than he is it's unreal imo, I would bloody well love it if he got ktfo. If only Luis was 20 years younger haha.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yes, you have to beat the holder or be next in line when he permenantly retires. Ring stripped Fury for inactivity last month didn't they (I believe it's the first time the Ring and Lineal titles have diverged at HW) but Tyson is still 'the man who beat the man'.

Speaking of the Heavyweights, Deontay Wilder in making a knob of himself sensation:

Ortiz looks like he means BUSINESS. Wilder thinks he is so much better than he is it's unreal imo, I would bloody well love it if he got ktfo. If only Luis was 20 years younger haha.

True..

an awful lot at stake, win this and your dinning at the top table with AJ and Fury..

14 hours ago, Stortz said:

Not a fan of wilder but I hope he knocks the drug cheat clean out 

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Not a fan of wilder but I hope he knocks the drug cheat clean out 

Apparently in respect of the last fight it was just a failure to register blood pressure pills he was taking (he is very old you know haha), hence the rapid rescheduling. I know he was also popped for a diuretic a few years before that too though- although how much aid that is to a hw is unclear.

Wilder is one of the few boxers who actually went up in my estimation when he got popped for (non!) performance enhancing drugs haha. He comes across as an OK guy away from the 'bomb zquad' bollocks but I just dislike the vastly exaggerated opinion he evidently holds himself in given his resume. He can't even box properly, he is just crazily athletic.

Ortiz is certainly the first live opponent he has ever fought, he even ducked Breazeale ffs.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

He claims he’s 38 I think :laugh:,can’t see him lasting beyond 5 but like you said he’s better than what wilder has fought but he’s rank average,also those blood pressure pills he was taking are also well known as masking drugs so god knows what roids he was taking 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He claims he’s 38 I think :laugh:,can’t see him lasting beyond 5 but like you said he’s better than what wilder has fought but he’s rank average,also those blood pressure pills he was taking are also well known as masking drugs so god knows what roids he was taking 

Absolutely, and the diuretics are used to hide shit too. I don't understand why someone Ortiz's body shape would want to build mass then mask it though, and no out of competition steroids could boost someone his size's stamina come fight night. He must have been up to something, but what isn't clear.

I reckon he's not for off 50.

13 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Absolutely, and the diuretics are used to hide shit too. I don't understand why someone Ortiz's body shape would want to build mass then mask it though, and no out of competition steroids could boost someone his size's stamina come fight night. He must have been up to something, but what isn't clear.

Good night/ morning of boxing coming up, Brook's fight isn't a gimme.

,it's Bomb squads time to shine, but did his 'bum of the month' apprenticeship do him any favours,?

Spose the betting says Wilder late stoppage, or points.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Think it was haye who said if he needed steroids to beat the bums that he has then he hasn’t got a hope when he’s clean against wilder 

4 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I know Galahad has been out of the ring a while, but his opponent had lost 4 of his lost 5 going into that. He's 28 now, hardly a novice, you'd think they could find a better opponent when there's talks of a world title fight this year.

I suppose with Matchroom behind him he'll get a world title shot sometime this year, a hot division over here!!