IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Haye v Tony 'the bellend' Bellew then.

Is it on Sky Box Office? May actually purchase this time around as the first one sounded like good fun.

Be nice to see Haye roll back the years and put Bellew on his arse.

Yep. Not sure if there is anything decent on the undercard?

2 hours ago, Super said:

Yep. Not sure if there is anything decent on the undercard?

It's shite tbh. Joe Joyce against Lenroy Thomas, Paul Butler in a title fight v nobody you've ever heard of and Buatsi v someone are the 'highlights'. Safe to say I'll be stealing this one from the internet haha.

I can scarcely believe- scarcely believe I tell you- that Wilder's offer turned out to be a crock of shit. They even cancelled the Friday meeting about the fight claiming it would be 'unproductive' to discuss it until after Joshua and Matchroom signed the thus far unseen and presumably entirely nonexistent contract. ******* jokers.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

They've boiled Haye down to about 11 stone (slight exaggeration), just to lessen the pressure on his creaking joints and bones. And for all the training videos of him dancing about, I haven't seen a single one with him wearing a pair of gloves. I'm guessing that's because the risk of him breaking down when doing any kind of unorthodox or uncontrolled movement is too great, so it's silly footwork drills and fixed plane of motion medicine ball work only.

I said months ago that I'd be shocked to see him make it into the ring, but it's clear they are doing whatever is needed to make that happen and pick up the pay day. God knows what will pop first though when he has to actually do some fighting. I just hope the last action of that ageing body is to floor the scouse gobshite with a monster hook. Then they both need to be gone, permanently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stortz said:

It's shite tbh. Joe Joyce against Lenroy Thomas, Paul Butler in a title fight v nobody you've ever heard of and Buatsi v someone are the 'highlights'. Safe to say I'll be stealing this one from the internet haha.

I can scarcely believe- scarcely believe I tell you- that Wilder's offer turned out to be a crock of shit. They even cancelled the Friday meeting about the fight claiming it would be 'unproductive' to discuss it until after Joshua and Matchroom signed the thus far unseen and presumably entirely nonexistent contract. ******* jokers.

@Stortz completely agree with you about Wilder but unfortunately be hearing for quite some considerable time that AJ ducked the fight. 

It makes completely no sense for them all not to have met on the Friday to discuss it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

They've boiled Haye down to about 11 stone (slight exaggeration), just to lessen the pressure on his creaking joints and bones. And for all the training videos of him dancing about, I haven't seen a single one with him wearing a pair of gloves. I'm guessing that's because the risk of him breaking down when doing any kind of unorthodox or uncontrolled movement is too great, so it's silly footwork drills and fixed plane of motion medicine ball work only.

I said months ago that I'd be shocked to see him make it into the ring, but it's clear they are doing whatever is needed to make that happen and pick up the pay day. God knows what will pop first though when he has to actually do some fighting. I just hope the last action of that ageing body is to floor the scouse gobshite with a monster hook. Then they both need to be gone, permanently.

Haha, love it. I was looking forward to some warm pre fight appreciation for the Bomber from you mate!

You're right about Haye's training footage, there's absolutely nothing of him throwing proper punches at bags or people.

• Like 1

Haye is still levels above Bellew and should still have enough left to smash him. It's just frustrating to have so many questions hanging over about his condition. Last fight in the public workout I few people correctly pointed out how much Haye was missing the pads and how unstable he looked on the leg. Until I see his condition I'm going with what makes sense on paper, like I did with Groves vs Eubank.  

Hmm, no explanation given as yet. Wonder why. I suspect that a lot of people will have been quietly relieved about the fact that Rio won't be going into the ring now, but if he is set on a fighting career then there are other paths to follow.

6 hours ago, screech said:

I'm heading over to Bristol today for a pee up and over nighter, got a BB booked near the Waterfront and would like to watch this later on tonight. Any locals on here who would know a place in town that will be showing this card.

It'll be on in Walkabout on Corn Street mate.

• Like 1