IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Alright all, was out for the fight for once. Disappointed for Haye, wanted him to level it up. Fair play to Bellew though, he did exactly what he said he would. The end of the road for Haye obviously but will be interesting to see if Bellew fights anyone else. Think he's having a laugh with Ward though. 

11 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

So Haye can leave boxing unbeaten apart from fights he was injured!!!

one of the over hyped  boxers ever 

He was a great Cruiserweight tbf. You don't become undisputed champion at any weight without being more than decent, and his speed and cumulative punching power was top drawer then. His body let him down later in his career because he has always been a bit of a playboy rather than living the life imo.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

If I paid for that, I’d feel right mugged off! Haye has clearly never recovered from the ankle injury, and that’s finished him as a fighter, shouldn’t even be in there, he had no chance. If you can’t set your feet properly, you’re fooked!

Spot on,I paid for the Haye klit fight with his dodgy toe and he wasn’t willing to show heart that night so ever since I would never pay when the money talker is involved 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Haha funny how it goes. I thought the second was closer than the first, which was fairly comfortably Haye. Why did a random dot appear in the 9th?!

The black spot of doom hexed Haye!

I thought Bellew dictated the first with his jab, he couldn't miss with it all night.

It was a genuinely excellent performance from him on a big stage in fairness, despite Haye being shite- even @Northern Red might have to give him some props! (he won't haha)

edit- you're right @Owl Visiting, that third was 10-7, not 10-8

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

No chance Haye was fit, but fair play, Bellew was impressive.

The state of the interviews afterwards though. When, out of the three of them, Eddie Hearn is talking the least amount of shit, you know it's bad.

At least we can look forward to David price getting knocked clean out again on a undercard soon,that is one deluded man and it’s quite worrying that he wants to keep fighting 

Tbf mate he ate 5/6 proper power shots from GGG, I'm not sure how many people would cope with that haha. The uppercut that was the beginning of the end was magnificent, then a 5 shot combo to close the fight. Martirosyan had never been stopped before either.

Gennady is noticibly slowing down a bit imo, the inactivity at his age is doing him no favours. That brutal power is still there though, can't wait for him spark Clenelo right out in September!

• Like 1