IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Any of these on the undercard for Saturday look any good?

• Dillian Whyte vs Joseph Parker (12 rounds, Heavyweight)
  • Dereck Chisora vs Carlos Takam (10 rounds, Heavyweight)
  • Katie Taylor vs Kimberley Connor (10 rounds, Women’s WBA & IBF Lightweight titles)
  • Nick Web v Dave Allen (12 rounds, Heavyweight)
  • Joshua Buatsi vs TBA (10 rounds, Light-Heavyweight)
  • Conor Benn vs Cedric Peynaud II (10 rounds, Welterweight)
  • Anthony Fowler vs Craig O’Brien (8 rounds, Super-Welterweight)
  • Frank Buglioni vs Emmanuel Feuzeu (8 rounds, Light-Heavyweight)

Benn v Peynaud may be good, although Benn should win handily this time around. Chisora Takam could go either way depending on Delboy's mood, but I fear an untidy snoozefest.

Other than that it's pretty appalling for 20 quid, there's not a chance on Earth I'll be paying a penny for it. It says it all that they've put Dave Allen on the card to fill Brook's mysterious vanishing job. I like Allen a lot but he took a 10 round pasting from Tony Yoka last month and retired- so has done zero training since then- and he's suddenly in an eliminator on a ppv card with 4 days notice?

Gtfo Edward.

Edited by Stortz
  • Thanks 1

On 23/07/2018 at 12:50, Super said:

Any of these on the undercard for Saturday look any good?

• Dillian Whyte vs Joseph Parker (12 rounds, Heavyweight)
  • Dereck Chisora vs Carlos Takam (10 rounds, Heavyweight)
  • Katie Taylor vs Kimberley Connor (10 rounds, Women’s WBA & IBF Lightweight titles)
  • Nick Web v Dave Allen (12 rounds, Heavyweight)
  • Joshua Buatsi vs TBA (10 rounds, Light-Heavyweight)
  • Conor Benn vs Cedric Peynaud II (10 rounds, Welterweight)
  • Anthony Fowler vs Craig O’Brien (8 rounds, Super-Welterweight)
  • Frank Buglioni vs Emmanuel Feuzeu (8 rounds, Light-Heavyweight)

A very poor PPV event. Although has not been helped by Brook and his replacement Eggington both pulling out of fights.

Parker to win by UD, I think he will be too slick for Whyte who may start well but will most likely fade as the fight goes into later rounds. 

Predictions for this weekend then guys?

Looking forward to Whyte v Parker. A lot of time for our Dillan, who's come on leaps and bounds and impressed in his last 3 fights, all victories against well known heavyweights. That said, I think Parker's skill set and movement might be too much to handle. Whyte will press, Parker will move. If he doesn't gas out by 9/10 for the stoppage, then I think it'll be Parker on points. But nothing to stop Whyte getting another brutal KO in the early rounds.

Chisora v Takam also an interesting one. Takam is an absolute unit and just kept pressing against Joshua. Got a chin and can take punishment yet still come forward. Chisora has looked well past his prime since his epic war with Whyte last year. My money has to be on Takam points.

8 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Predictions for this weekend then guys?

Looking forward to Whyte v Parker. A lot of time for our Dillan, who's come on leaps and bounds and impressed in his last 3 fights, all victories against well known heavyweights. That said, I think Parker's skill set and movement might be too much to handle. Whyte will press, Parker will move. If he doesn't gas out by 9/10 for the stoppage, then I think it'll be Parker on points. But nothing to stop Whyte getting another brutal KO in the early rounds.

Chisora v Takam also an interesting one. Takam is an absolute unit and just kept pressing against Joshua. Got a chin and can take punishment yet still come forward. Chisora has looked well past his prime since his epic war with Whyte last year. My money has to be on Takam points.

Is Parker actually that good? Saw him twice now against Fury and AJ and thought he was pretty average in both. I'm going for Whyte to stop him.

59 minutes ago, Super said:

Is Parker actually that good? Saw him twice now against Fury and AJ and thought he was pretty average in both. I'm going for Whyte to stop him.

I suppose we all see different things when we watch! I personally thought he was quite nimble on his feet and good movement, especially for a heavyweight. Reminds me of a fat Malignaggi in many ways with his low guard and constant shot peppering.

Just think he's style might be tricky for Whyte, not taking anything away from our own London lad of course who can certainly bang if he gets the opportunity (look at Lucas Browne's post fight face)!

• Like 1

Sure Eddie is a happy man today! 

World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua will fight on Sky Sports Box Office for at least another three years after signing a new deal with promoter Matchroom.

The new deal will include a minimum of Joshua's next five fights, starting with his next bout against dangerous challenger Russian Alexander Povetkin at Wembley Stadium on September 22.

12 hours ago, Super said:

OFFICIAL: George Groves will face Callum Smith on 28th September in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia :blink::blink::blink:

Such a shame it's not in the UK, it would have been a phenomenal, racous atmosphere at the O2 or Manchester Arena.

It's so weird to watch fights as big as this taking place in genteel silence. Down with this sort of thing imo.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Evening chaps

Looking forward to these fights tonight, annoyed I missed Allen again. What a punch that was!

Haha he didn't throw many mate, but absolutely made up for him anyway!

Surprised Benn is going to war with this fella again.