IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

16 hours ago, Stortz said:

You can't knock the commitment Tyson's shown to get back into that shape from where he was.

I want him to shut Wilder up so much, but there's a serious doubt about his stamina after what his body has been through in the last few years. Sure he looks great now but we've seen coutless times how fighters who haven't lived the life get found out in the latter stages of fights, and there's no way a two year piss up and eat-a-thon with shovel loads of gak can be good for your cardio!

I wonder if @AirlieBeachRed has any updates from LA for us yet? Are you attending the weigh in tomorrow mate?

Yes we are going to the weigh ins tomorrow. We went to Wildcard gym today. Was hard to find the entrance as was no front door. We walked up some stairs as we could hear pad work happening, knocked on a door and was stunned when Freddie Roach open it and asked us in. I'm the  ugly bugga on the left. 

IMG_2885.JPG

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Yes we are going to the weigh ins tomorrow. We went to Wildcard gym today. Was hard to find the entrance as was no front door. We walked up some stairs as we could hear pad work happening, knocked on a door and was stunned when Freddie Roach open it and asked us in. I'm the  ugly bugga on the left. 

IMG_2885.JPG

Hahaha that’s class. Did he have much to say about the fight? 

Also, has anybody seen this yet? State of Wilder doing those spins.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

IMG_2885.JPG

Brilliant, like a trip to boxing Mecca! Love the guys taking a quick break from the pads to photobomb behind Freddie too haha.

• Like 2

Fury has the better jab, the better movement, the better ring craft, is deceptively quick, and is the all-round better boxer.

I think he wins the rounds so Wilder is relying on one of his agricultural, school yard punches landing flush on Fury.

If Fury boxes smart and has decent stamina, I'm quite confident he wins. 

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fury has the better jab, the better movement, the better ring craft, is deceptively quick, and is the all-round better boxer.

I think he wins the rounds so Wilder is relying on one of his agricultural, school yard punches landing flush on Fury.

Fury’s chin is ropey and if caught he is going down all night,the question is do we want a talentless banger or a drug cheat who can box winning,for the sake of boxing let’s hope it’s the former 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That's the big unknown though mate. Fury is clearly 100 times the boxer Wilder is, but Deontay carries that windmill power seriously late in a fight.

If Tyson had had more than 2 glorified  sparring sessions since coming back I'd have far more faith, it just seems much too early for me. I really hope I'm wrong!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

God knows but after a night on the beer and staying up to watch it I will be roaming the streets at 8 to find a few millwall top lads to knock out ?

My little boy's 6th birthday party tomorrow with 20 kids at Kingsdown leisure centre , so I'll ******* need a drink in the evening haha!

My chances of staying up from that to the fight to Millwall at home on Sunday are limited tbh, but I'm going to give it a good go!

edit, my missus has done a great job on the cake

photo_2018-11-30_21-45-25.jpg

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Fury’s chin is ropey and if caught he is going down all night,the question is do we want a talentless banger or a drug cheat who can box winning,for the sake of boxing let’s hope it’s the former 

How many times has Fury been down in his career?  Two? Pajkic and Cunningham

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How many times has Fury been down in his career?  Two? Pajkic and Cunningham

Neither of whom carried any sort of pop, they were blown up cruisers.

I really, really hope Tyson proves me wrong, but he hasn't ever been anywhere near someone with Wilder's legitimate power.

The ring is 20 foot square rather than the normal 24 too, given away in the negotiations by Tyson's management.

41 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Neither of whom carried any sort of pop, they were blown up cruisers.

I really, really hope Tyson proves me wrong, but he hasn't ever been anywhere near someone with Wilder's legitimate power.

The ring is 20 foot square rather than the normal 24 too, given away in the negotiations by Tyson's management.

Thanks mate!

But Pajkic was 7 years ago and Cunningham fight was just mad and Tyson knocked him down twice?   Fury does hold his chin on his shoulder so ain't too easy to hit. Wilder telegraph's shots as we know. 

I'm not building up his chances too much but I think we all agree he's hardly in the ring with one of the best ever heavyweights. Wilder is beatable. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thanks mate!

But Pajkic was 7 years ago and Cunningham fight was just mad and Tyson knocked him down twice?   Fury does hold his chin on his shoulder so ain't too easy to hit. Wilder telegraph's shots as we know. 

I'm not building up his chances too much but I think we all agree he's hardly in the ring with one of the best ever heavyweights. Wilder is beatable. 

Eminently beatable!

I would give my left knacker to see Tyson win tbh. I just wish he'd had a couple of REAL fights before he went into this, because at the top of his game Fury would easily humiliate Wilder imo.

Edited by Stortz

4 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Eminently beatable!

I would give my left knacker to see Tyson win tbh. I just wish he'd had a couple of REAL fights before he went into this, because at the top of his game Fury would easily humiliate Wilder imo.

Yeah agree with that.  Just hoping he has enough in the tank tomorrow night.

Not convinced Fury is one of those fighters that needs to be active to perform, hope I'm right ?

• Like 1

Why is Wilder so light?  I can't work out how a man who stands at 6ft 6" can weigh just 2 pounds more than me, at 6ft.2  Surely he is going to be dominated by Tyson Fury?

I love Fury to bits and believe he is going to beat Wilder.  The Bomb Squad will be diffused!

Edited by reddogkev