IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

Fair play to Fury saying he didn’t kick off at the decision because he reckoned 8’000 travellers would have trashed the joint ?

Reckon the British judge who scored it a draw might also experience a problem with them setting up camp on his lawn soon too. ?

Total stitch up but I expected nothing else. Those 2 knockdowns were always going to stuff him with at least one of the judges. 

Just home from a mate's. What a ******* performance from Tyson, I literally cannot believe he got back up in the 12th after everything that's happened in the last few years. Incredible, incredible heart. The room full of people I was with was going absolutely mental haha.

Barefaced robbery on the scorecards but in many ways it's a massive win for Tyson anyway. The whole world outside of Alabama knows full well who won and just imagine the ppv sales from the rematch, which he will surely win because Deontay is actually much worse than we all thought.

Nothing but total respect for Fury, he has massively gone up in my estimation. Now to try to get a couple of hours sleep before seeing the cuddly cockney tossers and about 3 thousand rozzers at Ashton Gate!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Always thought Fury would dominate the fight. I don't think Wilder is shit. He just isn't much of a boxer. Great athleticism and power in that right hand. It will always win him most fights, even if he has little boxing skills. Joshua should beat Wilder because he will out box him, but also put him away when Wilder has to take chances. Fury just hasn't got that KO power. 

Totally agree, he looks made for Joshua more then ever before after that.

I think trouble with scoring in boxing is you never see cards or rarely do with 10 10 rounds on them.

They always add up to 228 or 226 last night with knockdowns.

The most Fury could of got was 116 for down twice so only takes judges to have to decide in a tight round it goes other way and you’ve lost 2 or 3 rounds.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I think trouble with scoring in boxing is you never see cards or rarely do with 10 10 rounds on them.

They always add up to 228 or 226 last night with knockdowns.

The most Fury could of got was 116 for down twice so only takes judges to have to decide in a tight round it goes other way and you’ve lost 2 or 3 rounds.

The most Wilder could have got for losing nine rounds was 111.

Honestly there weren't any close rounds aside from 2, even in the knockdown rounds (and yes they have to be 10-8 Wilder) Fury outlanded him.

116 or 115 Fury and 112 or 113 Wilder would have been right.  Anything else (including the English judge's draw) is ******* bollocks. 

These judges should be investigated by forensic accountants.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Sounds like Adonis Stevenson is in a bad way.

Yeah, he took a brutal hiding from the 3rd member of the Ukrainian dream team. Sad to see anyone end up like that after a boxing match, but Stevenson is a pretty disgusting human being who pimped out underage girls on the streets of Haiti and inflicted torture on several of them and his rivals, so my sympathy is more than a little limited in this instance tbh.

3 hours ago, screech said:

Well I take it all back after watching it this morning. Fury was amazing considering how long he had been out. 

I always doubted whether Tyson could ever return to the heights he reached before his breakdown but I am delighted to have been proved so emphatically wrong.

He is an absolute hero, and he will easily beat WIlder next time out, if Deontay doesn't opt for the AJ cashout instead (presuming the draw invalidates rematch clauses).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TomF said:

Think Tyson’s got a lot of new fans stateside and probably over here too.  He’s conducted himself post fight absolutely brilliantly and sent some really good messages about mental health out too.  We should appreciate what he is - an absolute master of the sweet science. 

Well said - a fantastic fight and great performance from Fury. Did himself and the country proud. Conducted himself well post fight too, especially after the farcical decision.

Sugar Ray Robinson v Jake LaMotta, the 'St Valentine's Day Massacre' - watched a documentary on it. Robinson believed boxing was about skill, the 'sweet science' whereas LaMotta thought it was about proving who was the 'toughest'. Fury v Wilder encapsulated that brilliantly. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TomF said:

Yep and while I love a good tear up like Whyte v Chisroa you gotta love those who are technical masters at their art. I’m trying to think of the last heavyweight with such skills? Lennox wasn’t bad and perhaps Holyfield before him. Tyson wasn’t just about power either given his height he had to be smart. 

Spot on. We all love a tear up, Chisora v Whyte being an excellent example, but sometimes it's nice to watch the sweet science and enjoy the skillset that goes with it.

Think AJ is sweating a little bit and this tweet shows imo. The limelight has been taken away from him as Fury has received a lot of praise for that performance.

Tyson Fury has certainly gained more support.

Wilder is a fraud, swings a lot but doesn’t often land his punches. It simply has to be Fury v AJ for me!

E21756DE-F306-4931-AEF4-89F9CF072EFD.png

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Think AJ is sweating a little bit and this tweet shows imo. The limelight has been taken away from him as Fury has received a lot of praise for that performance.

Tyson Fury has certainly gained more support.

Wilder is a fraud, swings a lot but doesn’t often land his punches. It simply has to be Fury v AJ for me!

E21756DE-F306-4931-AEF4-89F9CF072EFD.png

I'd love to see AJ v Fury at Wembley. It would be absolutely crazy. 

I'd probably be on Fury's side tbh.

44 minutes ago, TomF said:

AJ? Other way around possibly. I think wilder knows Fury beats him second time around and then he’s lost his big payday at Wembley 

No , personally I would rather Fury or Wilder beat AJ

guess I'm a hater,  I even bought the PPV in the hope povetkin would bash him.....

I'm still waiting

Edited by When the river runs

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Why the hatred?

Plenty of reasons 

How he obtained belts

How he's been carefully media trained and everyone buying into him. He's so nice haha

People would turn up to watch him beat his dog.

Mainly though at some point or now I reckon he's juiced up to the gills, look at his bloated gut. Boxing is mainly cardio not bodybuilding. How he recovered against klitscko reminded me of the black bottle with Pryor and Alexis arguello.

Lastly how he is managed as the A side wants more money than every other fighter. Spoils the sport for me.

Of course I could be wrong and by the way I'm not saying he's not a good fighter.

1 hour ago, When the river runs said:

Plenty of reasons 

How he obtained belts

How he's been carefully media trained and everyone buying into him. He's so nice haha

People would turn up to watch him beat his dog.

Mainly though at some point or now I reckon he's juiced up to the gills, look at his bloated gut. Boxing is mainly cardio not bodybuilding. How he recovered against klitscko reminded me of the black bottle with Pryor and Alexis arguello.

Lastly how he is managed as the A side wants more money than every other fighter. Spoils the sport for me.

Of course I could be wrong and by the way I'm not saying he's not a good fighter.

How is any of that his fault?

7 hours ago, Super said:

How is any of that his fault?

Whyte, Fury, Parker have all basically insinuated about him using peds , none have been sued. No smoke without fire.

I have the same opinion  on pacquiou,  when he was going through everyone. Look at the weight classes he's gone up and retained if not increased his power.

Then the fight with mayweather was on the horizon and mayweather was calling out for stringent testing.... 

Manny then loses his power overnight.

I do think AJ possibly is the best out there though with exception of the possibility of being out boxed by Fury. However I wont be routing for him even though hes british

• Confused 1