IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Agreed. Saw most of the fight and he barely gave Carl a look-in.

Gutted for my boy Carl, never really got going and got a bit bullied in there by the younger, fitter man.

Not sure where he goes from here?

He's finished at the top level sadly mate. If only Barry wasn't too busy lining his own pockets to deliver Carl the LSC rematch it could have been a very different story.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Stortz said:

He's finished at the top level sadly mate. If only Barry wasn't too busy lining his own pockets to deliver Carl the LSC rematch it could have been a very different story.

Certainly looks that way to me. We've seen the best of him which is quite sad but hey, he's had a great if relatively short career at the top level and at his best was a joy to watch. 

Credit to Warrington as well. That's the first time I've seen him but he's an intelligent and relentless fighter. Few more big pay days for him I reckon. Just struggle to watch him with that "marching on together" dirge in the background.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Certainly looks that way to me. We've seen the best of him which is quite sad but hey, he's had a great if relatively short career at the top level and at his best was a joy to watch. 

Credit to Warrington as well. That's the first time I've seen him but he's an intelligent and relentless fighter. Few more big pay days for him I reckon. Just struggle to watch him with that "marching on together" dirge in the background.  

Yeah, he was fun to watch against Quigg and particularly in the first LSC fight but seemed to become really disillusioned with the sport after all the legal stuff with Cyclone kicked off, and never reached the same heights again. The fact that he's openly talking about retirement now so young and relatively fresh physically at least says it all.

Tbh I think Warrington's affiliation with that lot is what makes me consistently underestimate him, as soon as I hear that atrocity I'm desperately trying to find ways his opponent might be able to bang him out haha.

Edit, if he fights Oscar Valdez next he's definitely getting ktfo!

Edited by Stortz

For those interested, the Mayweather v Tenshin Nasakawa fight is going ahead today, ring walks expected later this afternoon (I estimate 12-1PM).

Exhibition fight with no judges and doesn't go on either combatant's record. 3 x 3 min round, boxing queensbury rules only. Mayweather is making a cool 9 mil USD for what is essentially a glorified sparring match.

You cannot watch the fight on any UK stations, but I've just looked and plenty of streams on Facebook if you search for it.

2 hours ago, Undy English said:

Further update: Mayweather cannot be located, show has been put on hold. Pundits unsure as to whether this is due to timings (lots of 1 round KOs on under card) or whether something more sinister is happening.

Either way, only 2 more fights until the main event and Floyd isn't in the arena, nor can be located.

What happened then mate,did they find mayweather?

Not sure it was a dive in my personal opinion, Mayweather hit him quite hard, and the poor kid was devastated in the end, crying in the ring. Just a weight class and skill set above what essentially is a child kick boxer.

None the less, an out of shape Floyd got paid $9mil for under 3 mins easy work. If organisations are stupid enough to pay the guy such sums, can you blame him?

• The title was changed to The Boxing Thread
10 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

That's got to be it now for Khan ever fighting Brook.

What a shame it never happened.

It is a shame, but in reality, the fight is 5 years past it's sell-by date anyways, and can we really blame Khan for chasing a big title fight on American soil for millions of dollars, rather than facing Brook domestically?

That said, can't see anything other than a Crawford KO victory!

2 hours ago, Undy English said:

It is a shame, but in reality, the fight is 5 years past it's sell-by date anyways, and can we really blame Khan for chasing a big title fight on American soil for millions of dollars, rather than facing Brook domestically?

That said, can't see anything other than a Crawford KO victory!

True about it being 5 years too late, but Hearn reckons there's actually more money in the Brook fight, it'd certainly sell more tickets and do way more pay-per-views over here.

It's up to Khan of course but he's had all his big fights over there and would have been good if he'd given the British boxing fans the fight they wanted before he retires.