IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

An interesting fight to say the least. I actually like Jr but thought De Gale would edge it, purely because of his CV.

In reality, De Gale looked a bit washed out - lacked fitness in the latter rounds, breathing heavily, lack of combination punching, excessive 'hugging' and no real game plan.

Junior by contrast was a lot more composed, clearly very fit, lovely timed punches and combos, not rushing in as he did previously. The new trainer giving him sound info in the corner, to which he executed brilliantly.

Fair play to De Gale for lasting the full 12, but Eubanks looked good, deserved the win, onto bigger and better things hopefully.

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

Fury wilder off for now

they really have led AJ a merry dance here, with a rematch possible towards end of year.  Leaving AJ out in the cold again!

Eh?

How has anyone led Joshua a 'merry dance'? Who are 'they'?

The main thing that's happened with Fury signing for ESPN is that all of the big HW fights are now far less likely while the networks squeeze their margin out of the fighters- indeed Wilder Fury 2 was supposed to to be in the can until this latest fuckery kicked off.

Not sure how any boxing fan can be gleeful about that right now tbh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

Eh?

How has anyone led Joshua a 'merry dance'? Who are 'they'?

The main thing that's happened with Fury signing for ESPN is that all of the big HW fights are now far less likely while the networks squeeze their margin out of the fighters- indeed Wilder Fury 2 was supposed to to be in the can until this latest fuckery kicked off.

Not sure how any boxing fan can be gleeful about that right now tbh.

O no it’s a disaster what’s happened, my point was, I’m sure when Joshua found out wilder fury wasn’t happening he must have been annoyed, as it will be at least a year now till Joshua can get at one of them

as bellew said on radio other day, these 3 could have fought each other for the rest of their careers, and made millions, shame that that probably won’t happen now 

4 hours ago, Club and Country said:

O no it’s a disaster what’s happened, my point was, I’m sure when Joshua found out wilder fury wasn’t happening he must have been annoyed, as it will be at least a year now till Joshua can get at one of them

as bellew said on radio other day, these 3 could have fought each other for the rest of their careers, and made millions, shame that that probably won’t happen now 

Problem is they can all make millions without fighting each other now meaning they probably won’t risk it, I get it from their point of view but it sucks for us boxing fans that just want to see the best fights get made.

5 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

Problem is they can all make millions without fighting each other now meaning they probably won’t risk it, I get it from their point of view but it sucks for us boxing fans that just want to see the best fights get made.

Correct. Fans really don't care about belts or money. They want to see the best v the best. Sadly the boxing business and arguably many of the fighters and networks don't see it the same way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Correct. Fans really don't care about belts or money. They want to see the best v the best. Sadly the boxing business and arguably many of the fighters and networks don't see it the same way.

Yep no ones that assed about the Joshua - Miller fight but apparently he’s getting a career high payday for it. Fury’s new deal means he can make big money for fighting any top 20 ranked fighters and Wilder can make 3-5 million dollars fighting punch bags like Brazeale so there’s no incentive for them to take risks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Yep no ones that assed about the Joshua - Miller fight but apparently he’s getting a career high payday for it. Fury’s new deal means he can make big money for fighting any top 20 ranked fighters and Wilder can make 3-5 million dollars fighting punch bags like Brazeale so there’s no incentive for them to take risks.

Agree with all of that.

If Wilder fights and beats Breazeale he'll be the 3rd best name on his resume after Tyson and OAP Ortiz and yet the fella has won 40 fights and defended the WBC belt 8 times, which shows how much the networks can squeeze out of fighters with very little risk to their man.

• Like 1

I'm calling it now, surely this is the worst card ever put on at the 02? And I say this as someone who loves Dave Allen.

Hearn must be sailing pretty close to the wind with Sky now, surely they won't put up with much more of the crap he's offered in the UK so far this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

I'm calling it now, surely this is the worst card ever put on at the 02? And I say this as someone who loves Dave Allen.

Hearn must be sailing pretty close to the wind with Sky now, surely they won't put up with much more of the crap he's offered in the UK so far this year.

David Allen has a massive online following and he's a very likeable guy. But does it transpire to people buying £60 tickets in London or PPV buys? No it doesn't.

Is this card a PPV? Can't see many people parting with 20 notes for it tbh.

Edited by Undy English

2 hours ago, Undy English said:

David Allen has a massive online following and he's a very likeable guy. But does it transpire to people buying £60 tickets in London or PPV buys? No it doesn't.

Is this card a PPV? Can't see many people parting with 20 notes for it tbh.

Don't think it is. Shouldn't be anyway!

5 hours ago, Super said:

Don't think it is. Shouldn't be anyway!

No it's not, even Eddie wouldn't try that haha!

It's still a piss poor show though given he has to supply Sky with x nights contractually per year. I thought the Cheeseman one was bad but bloody hell.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Spence Jnr v Garcia tomorrow should be a cracker. Is it on Tv?

Yeah it’s on itv 4,free of charge for a fight like that is odd but mint for us when it’s PPV in America for about 80 dollars,Garcia can’t keep taking belts willy nilly and this weight leap is a step to far I think but be interesting to watch  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Yeah it’s on itv 4,free of charge for a fight like that is odd but mint for us when it’s PPV in America for about 80 dollars,Garcia can’t keep taking belts willy nilly and this weight leap is a step to far I think but be interesting to watch  

Is Spence just too big for Garcia, what a result if he can pull this one off..