IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

28 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if wilder fights him after his next fight ?

Maybe 12 fights down the line mate haha.

9 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone know why women box for 2 min rounds not 3?

Fair question, outdated perceptions of them being the 'weaker sex' is the only thing i can think of.

edit, not having a dig but your post above the one quoted illustrates such outdated attitudes a bit too!

Edited by Stortz

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Think it needs to be looked at. Are there different weights in womens boxing do you know? Can’t recall seeing anything regarding this whenever Taylor has fought 

Yes, 17 different classes like men, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in most of them!

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Think it needs to be looked at. Are there different weights in womens boxing do you know? Can’t recall seeing anything regarding this whenever Taylor has fought 

I was not a fan of women boxing before I actually watched it and have changed my opinion when you see the talent they have so what’s the problem ,if you don’t like it don’t watch it

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I was not a fan of women boxing before I actually watched it and have changed my opinion when you see the talent they have so what’s the problem ,if you don’t like it don’t watch it

I must say that Katie Taylor is one of the most exciting boxers to watch on the planet, irrespective of her gender.

I don't think Ivan was being a knob though JJT, just asking a question.

@RaspberryRed, have a look here:

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Never said I didn’t like it did I? If anything it’s a compliment! Would rather watch 3 mins of it than 2. Would see more stoppages if they were 3 mins round. Had the second round tonight been 3 mins it would have been a stoppage.

Personally I would rather 8 x 3 min rounds rather than the 10 x 2 min rounds Taylor had last week.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Never said I didn’t like it did I? If anything it’s a compliment! Would rather watch 3 mins of it than 2. Would see more stoppages if they were 3 mins round. Had the second round tonight been 3 mins it would have been a stoppage.

Personally I would rather 8 x 3 min rounds rather than the 10 x 2 min rounds Taylor had last week.

Absolutely. I don't understand it. Have they changed it in tennis grand slams lately or did I imagine it?

G'wan Buatsi!

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

My apologies mate got the wrong end of the stick 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

The ref did Conroy a right favour there.

A massive step up for Buatsi and he has destroyed the fella.

He will become a latter day light heavyweight British Marvin Hagler imo. Imagine him v Kovalev, Bivol or Beterbiev!

He’s good mate but where does he go from here

2 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Evening all. 

Buatsi's as smooth as a Miles Davis album. 

Evening bird,hope all is well 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I think he would feast on Kovalev's corpse next fight mate!

More realistically, Yarde is the natural match but Warren wants none of that because Buatsi would smash the granny out of him.

Buatsi is the real deal. It's a matter of matching him sensibly for the next 2/3 bouts then going for it imo. He's next out on the Usyk Takam card in May.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Just playing the waiting game Atm. 

Like most, I'm not a fan of international breaks, but it helps England are on top of the game, and playing some great stuff... 

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I think he would feast on Kovalev's corpse next fight mate!

More realistically, Yarde is the natural match but Warren wants none of that because Buatsi would smash the granny out of him.

Buatsi is the real deal. It's a matter of matching him sensibly for the next 2/3 bouts then going for it imo. He's next out on the Usyk Takam card in May.

Smash the granny out of him,haven’t heard that in a while ?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Super said:

Game effort by Moreno but didnt give him a round. Outclassed by Edwards.

Quite, you can't argue with the cojones.

Edwards needs far better opponents before we find out how good he is.

edit check out mawkish Mauricio Sulaiman in the ring. Someone should tackle his craven protection of the Alabama windmill.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1