IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Did anyone watch the new Bare Knuckle FC brand on the weekend?

Bit of background: new corporation has started to mainstream bare knuckle fighting. Circular ring, referee, judges, strict rule set.

Big fight this weekend was Artem Lobov v Knight. For those unaware, Lobov is Conor MacGregor's sparring partner. Both are currently involved in a spat with ex-world light welterweight champ boxer Paulie Malignaggi, who coincidentally has also signed to Bare Knuckle FC recently. The idea was that if Lobov defeated his opponent, he would then fight Paulie in June.

I tuned in out of curiosity and I have to say, it was thoroughly entertaining. Very little body punching or fancy footwork, all out head hunting action. 5 rounds all 2 minutes each. Blood, cuts and plenty of knock downs. For boxing purists the skill set of these fighters is very low, but it's certainly enthralling stuff (much more action for the casuals).

Lobov managed to come away with the victory but wasn't overly convincing. I imagine Paulie, even with his lack of power, should outclass him, but remember Malignaggi suffers with brittle hands and it's a tough old game in this new sport - could potentially be interesting.

As for the Bear Knuckle FC brand itself, they put on a good show, very professional and the fights are very entertaining. That said, can't imagine it'll captivate the boxing purists because, as mentioned, the skill set of these fighters is very low (surprisingly I have to say as some are ex-UFC). Think little footwork, limited head movement, chins high and wide guards. But that's what makes the bouts so entertaining!

Edited by Undy English

On 08/04/2019 at 13:12, Super said:

Looking forward to Crolla smashing Loma all over LA this weekend....

Im f****d if I'm paying £19.95 to watch Khan win 1 and a half rounds before being rendered unconscious by Crawford's first meaningful punch. 

But I'll probably get up to see Crolla rescued by the ref somewhere between the two national anthems...

? 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Super said:

Just noticed that the Crolla fight is tomorrow morning not Sunday!

Poor Crolla is absolutely made for Loma. He does the basics well enough but he isn't really very good at much and was brutally exposed by Linares's speed, let alone Loma's.

Zero power to keep Vasyl off him, plods forward into shots and even worse, he's also far too brave for his own good.

You can't blame Crolla for taking the money, but this is going to be a painful night for him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stortz said:

Well that went entirely as expected.

Some genuinely dangerous referreeing from Jack Reiss, Crolla could have been seriously injured.

What big fights are out there for him? No disrespect to Crolla but he shouldnt really be fighting the likes of him.

3 hours ago, Super said:

What big fights are out there for him? No disrespect to Crolla but he shouldnt really be fighting the likes of him.

As @TomF says, the Mikey Garcia fight is a natural one- it's a shame they didn't fight prior to Spence's demolition job though, beatings like that diminish you as a fighter in the rest of your career.

I'd like to see him batter Gervonta Davis all over the gaff too, the gobby shite.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

As @TomF says, the Mikey Garcia fight is a natural one- it's a shame they didn't fight prior to Spence's demolition job though, beatings like that diminish you as a fighter in the rest of your career.

I'd like to see him batter Gervonta Davis all over the gaff too, the gobby shite.

I would to but honestly not sure he could 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I would to but honestly not sure he could 

Why is that mate, Tank's size? I reckon Loma would be far too quick for him, he would light him up.

Great view of the ko here, absolute precision. Vasyl looked properly spiteful last night

Edited by Stortz

17 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Why is that mate, Tank's size? I reckon Loma would be far too quick for him, he would light him up.

Great view of the ko here, absolute precision. Vasyl looked properly spiteful last night

Just think they are both special fighters and tank is so underestimated in my eyes,it’s a 50/50

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Just think they are both special fighters and tank is so underestimated in my eyes,it’s a 50/50

I can only see one winner there tbh mate. Mayweather hasn't prepared Davis properly for a fight like Loma, he hasn't been sharpened with steel. 

Tank has taken the easy option with opponents far too many times for me.

Loma by wide UD imo- after he's feasted on what's left of Mikey.