IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

5 hours ago, TomF said:

Wilder v Ortiz 2 - 28th Sept confirmed.

Joke

******* disgusting. Just shows what a tin hearted cowardly piece of shit Wilder is. He's terrified of Whyte let alone AJ.

Fighting a geriatric with a heart condition who he's already beaten rather than someone with a pulse haha. It'll be Kownacki next too, guaranteed.

The WBC are just shills for a criminal racket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

******* disgusting. Just shows what a tin hearted cowardly piece of shit Wilder is. He's terrified of Whyte let alone AJ.

Fighting a geriatric with a heart condition who he's already beaten rather than someone with a pulse haha. It'll be Kownacki next too, guaranteed.

The WBC are just shills for a criminal racket.

I'm assuming you're correct and he will indeed head for Kownacki after, as he indicated prior to the Breazeale fight

However, beyond the Kownacki fight though I feel he will eventually have to take a decent challenge and fight a live opponent. By this time the top 10/15 will hopefully be such that he is forced to either fight Fury/Whyte/Riaz as a WBC defence or one of Usyk, Joshua, Hrgovic, Joyce, Hunter, Pulev, Ajagba or I'd even settle for Parker or winner of Gorman/Dubois - although this will likely be too early for either of these. There are no real other legit contenders at the moment from the USA that he could justify fighting and he cannot surely take any non US fighter with a rep or ranking below those listed can he?

What route do people think he will go beyond Kownacki?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, City18 said:

I'm assuming you're correct and he will indeed head for Kownacki after, as he indicated prior to the Breazeale fight

However, beyond the Kownacki fight though I feel he will eventually have to take a decent challenge and fight a live opponent. By this time the top 10/15 will hopefully be such that he is forced to either fight Fury/Whyte/Riaz as a WBC defence or one of Usyk, Joshua, Hrgovic, Joyce, Hunter, Pulev, Ajagba or I'd even settle for Parker or winner of Gorman/Dubois - although this will likely be too early for either of these. There are no real other legit contenders at the moment from the USA that he could justify fighting and he cannot surely take any non US fighter with a rep or ranking below those listed can he?

What route do people think he will go beyond Kownacki?

I admire your optimism! I can't share it unfortunately given he's only had 2/3 even semi live opponents up until now in 41 fights. The WBC and Haymon seem absolutely determined to keep a portion of the hw crown in the USA, come what may. After Kownacki I'm sure Uncle Al can line up a few more tomato cans prior to a cash out around 2022.

If I was Whyte I'd be taking the WBC to court.

Edit, the fight after Kownacki will obviously be the Ortiz triology haha.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I admire your optimism! I can't share it unfortunately given he's only had 2/3 even semi live opponents up until now in 41 fights. The WBC and Haymon seem absolutely determined to keep a portion of the hw crown in the USA, come what may. After Kownacki I'm sure Uncle Al can line up a few more tomato cans prior to a cash out around 2022.

If I was Whyte I'd be taking the WBC to court.

Edit, the fight after Kownacki will obviously be the Ortiz triology haha.

This is what worries me. If Kownacki goes over 3 rounds perhaps the rematch will be made!

I do actually think, the division could be thriving over the next few years with Usyk, Hrgovic, Ajagba etc coming through. With Wilder ducking left right and centre and AJ unwilling to release any of the remaining belts I just hope a few more fighters take the Whyte approach and take the bigger fights for the money if nothing else. I dread the situation where all these fighters make top 15 then fight bums remaining active until world title shot but happens all to frequently.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, City18 said:

This is what worries me. If Kownacki goes over 3 rounds perhaps the rematch will be made!

I do actually think, the division could be thriving over the next few years with Usyk, Hrgovic, Ajagba etc coming through. With Wilder ducking left right and centre and AJ unwilling to release any of the remaining belts I just hope a few more fighters take the Whyte approach and take the bigger fights for the money if nothing else. I dread the situation where all these fighters make top 15 then fight bums remaining active until world title shot but happens all to frequently.

I agree with you there, it's the best crop of up and coming HWs we've had for ages.

I reckon Usyk may well get a shot against at Joshua by the middle of next year- I'm guessing Pulev gets the mandatory first. Hrgovic looks very promising, great amatuer pedigree too. You mentioned Hunter above and his style makes him a difficult night's work for anyone- Hearn said in an IFL interview the other day that the style was exactly why they didn't fancy him for MSG on Saturday.

It's always the politics that screws everything up isn't it. Whyte has been ranked number 1 for getting on for 600 days with the WBC, has Matchroom behind him and still can't get a pop at Wilder, so what hope does anyone not tithing their purses to Haymon have?

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I agree with you there, it's the best crop of up and coming HWs we've had for ages.

I reckon Usyk may well get a shot against at Joshua by the middle of next year- I'm guessing Pulev gets the mandatory first. Hrgovic looks very promising, great amatuer pedigree too. You mentioned Hunter above and his style makes him a difficult night's work for anyone- Hearn said in an IFL interview the other day that the style was exactly why they didn't fancy him for MSG on Saturday.

It's always the politics that screws everything up isn't it. Whyte has been ranked number 1 for getting on for 600 days with the WBC, has Matchroom behind him and still can't get a pop at Wilder, so what hope does anyone not tithing their purses to Haymon have?

You just know Wilder will be at ringside on Saturday talking up a fight with AJ!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Any thoughts on Josh Kelly v Ray Robinson?

Tough test by the looks of it. 

He's definitely a big step up from Kelly's previous opponents but has only fought twice in the last 2 years getting a loss and a draw.

Robinson is perfect for Kelly's development and resume really, he's wiley, tough and has been in with some good fighters (Shawn Porter, Breidis Prescott) but is shop worn and ring rusty. Kelly will get a good lesson without too much chance of getting beaten imo.

Surely Fury is the only option for Joshua after the weekend if he wants his next fight in America?

Can’t see the American fans caring about Joshua/Whyte. Fury built a bit of a following after his fight against Wilder.

For the record, what a knob Wilder is! Why would you not want to fight for the title of undisputed world heavyweight champion?!

10 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Disappointing for Kelly that, lucky to not be walking away with a narrow defeat.

Not sure what his plan was for the last four rounds, stand in the corner and get beaten up isn't much of a master plan by Booth... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1