IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

14 minutes ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Really gotta ask what the Klitchko knock down and now this have done to his chin. He looked terribly chinny to me. 

I know, all you have to do is hit AJ fron his chin to the top of his head and he does the dance of a thousand bastards... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Really gotta ask what the Klitchko knock down and now this have done to his chin. He looked terribly chinny to me. 

Think it goes back further than this to when AJ and Whyte fought.

Whyte caught AJ in one of the rounds and really rattled him but just was good enough to finish the job off back then.

You do wonder why more people haven’t taken it to AJ before knowing there is a weakness there.

• Like 1

Where to start. Horrible, horrible performance from Joshua. He didn't look right from the ringwalk on, really nervous and tight. The comparison with Bruno is obvious, he can't keep himself organised under pressure and sticks his chin in the air swinging for the rafters when buzzed a bit like Khan. Unless he avenges this defeat handily and learns serious lessons I'm afraid I vastly overestimated his skill and mentality. You have to say Wilder or Fury would destroy him on that evidence

All of that takes absolutely nothing away from Ruiz Jnr who was as game as **** and fought the perfect fight. He has taken his chance brilliantly, fair play to him.

I watched with a mate who would have won over 5k on Ruiz Jnr if round 3 had been a bit longer, it was bedlam haha. Sorry neighbours.

• Like 6

Shocked by how poor Anthony Joshua looked.  Something was clearly up, still no excuses for a terrible showing, but he was not right even upon entering the ring.  He could barely keep his mouth guard still and looked disorientated.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear he was ill with the flu or something, seemed to have breathing problems.

Someone was massaging his head and neck before the fight - perhaps had a migraine?

Hearn's face after it got stopped was a truly beautiful sight.

Joshua went to pieces and wanted out, no question. Maybe it was the change of fighter but he looked in crap shape (outside of the muscle) and the wrong frame of mind from the ring walk onwards, something was definitely up.

Rematch will be interesting, because the pressure for him to win will be immense and that can do funny things to someone. Unless Ruiz does a Fury between fights he has to start as favourite, even over here. Quick hands and busy, a nightmare for Joshua.

• Like 5

AJ was always going to ave trouble against any boxer who had a good chin and could bang a bit, he has shown it so many times, he tanks out if he can't drop someone after putting in effort to knock someone out, like wise, when hit I am not sure i would say he was chinny, more his brain cannot comprehend what is happening,its like he has been 20 rounds, his whole body goes into limp home mode,arms drop,he is sluggish he just has no idea how to cover up. 

As other say a bit like Bruno, although I am sure Bruno would have been better if he did a Joshua and actually went down,he was too courageous and brave he stood and used to take a battering to the point when he eventually went down he wasn't getting back up. If he had taken the knee in the fights he lost I am sure there would have been a few Extra W's in his career.

I heard an interesting conspiracy theory today..........

In the boxing world AJ was considered to be too good and his camp were having problems with other camps whose didn’t want their man to face AJ so.............a plan was hatched to fight the Mexican guy and do well before getting too overconfident and end up losing the fight.

It now means that AJ is no longer considered to be so good and the door will open for ‘proper’ fighters willing to face AJ.

His post fight comments ‘minor setback’ kinda supports that theory.......

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In the boxing world AJ was considered to be too good and his camp were having problems with other camps whose didn’t want their man to face AJ so.............a plan was hatched to fight the Mexican guy and do well before getting too overconfident and end up losing the fight.

It now means that AJ is no longer considered to be so good and the door will open for ‘proper’ fighters willing to face AJ.

load of old bollox, you only have to see previous fights where he has been rattled.

he blows up when he has to sustain any sort of attack and his opponent doesn't hit the canvass.

maybe a case of too much muscle,  he is  built like a sprinter, all raw power and explosion and not enough stamina, when is muscles die on him he can't get his arms up to protect himself.  That to me has been self evident for a very long time

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

What a load of old tosh,what would of happened if Ruiz hadn’t got up from the knockdown 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What a load of old tosh,what would of happened if Ruiz hadn’t got up from the knockdown 

The guy who told me is well into his boxing and I’m not so didn’t feel qualified to question his conspiracy theory. He did seem very   enthused about it tho.      

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The guy who told me is well into his boxing and I’m not so didn’t feel qualified to question his conspiracy theory. He did seem very   enthused about it tho.      

I can understand him sounding enthused, everyone loves telling and hearing the details of a good conspiracy theory.  It does sound like a load of rubbish though, but entertaining.

AJ just isn't as good as the media make him seem.

I watched the whole pay per view again last night and was awe-struck by the brutality of the Katie Taylor fight.  Wow, those two ladies really tried to batter the crap out of each other.  I have no idea how the human body can stand up to such a continued onslaught. 

AJ looked even worse to me on the second showing.  Wilder would have nothing to fear; I'd expect Dillian Whyte to now destroy him, should those two have a rematch.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Something was not right the other night. I hope it comes out what exactly that was. Ruiz looks a decent basic boxer, but Joshua is either getting worse as he reaches his peak, or something was not right, cuz that was awful. I wouldn't say he has looked at all chinny so far in his career. He dealt with Povetkins huge left hooks, mainly riding them and taking power out of them, but also took one flush and was fine. The way he got from from the Wlad knockdown and came back was incredible. There was the Whyte massive left that he didn't go down from. 

Yeah, he didn't seem right before the match, and was even late to the ring, so something was definitely wrong with him.  It was quite strange during the round intervals that he was clearly asking his trainer, 'What he should do next, how Ruiz was going to fight, and why he felt in such a way?'

Steve Bunce has said AJ had a cold in the week leading up to the fight. Had a stye in his eye as well which is a sign of being rundown. 

Joshua's Dad went over to have a go at Hearn in the ring after the fight as well, so clearly something was up.

I agree with others that AJ clearly has big issues with recovering from shots that hurt him. Very bad news if he gets hit flush by Wilder.