IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

34 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What happened?! Some result for Pac man. What does this mean for the rumoured Khan fight?

I didn't see it but I'm schocked by the result. At 40 he shouldn't be able to beat a 30 year old champ at the top of his game. Big respect to Mani! If he now beats Khan and one other name he's really put the icing on thr legacy cake.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Yeah plus point on the time but it’ll have less atmosphere than the mem.  Perhaps maybe better than MSG from AJs point of view 

You are probably correct, but I am not sure DS/Hani or Wael, despite their connections, would have been able to obtain permission to stage such a show.

On 09/08/2019 at 19:36, Kid in the Riot said:

Confirmed. Ridiculous. Still at least it'll be at a decent time to watch in the UK. 10pm at the latest.

Disgusting to see them sucking up to those blood soaked Saudi ***** imo. I won't watch it, and I hope Ruiz wins again (and he will).

Wtf sort of lawyers or contracts do Matchroom have if they can't enforce a ******* rematch in these circumstances?

Eddie has hideously overstretched himself and lost the plot. He's been absolutely boyed by Haymon here.

edit, and while I'm at it, what about Frampton's concrete ornament injury??? He's got form too the knob, he 'fell in the shower' that time too, hmmmm

Edited by Stortz

On 10/08/2019 at 22:21, Stortz said:

Disgusting to see them sucking up to those blood soaked Saudi ***** imo. I won't watch it, and I hope Ruiz wins again (and he will).

Wtf sort of lawyers or contracts do Matchroom have if they can't enforce a ******* rematch in these circumstances?

Eddie has hideously overstretched himself and lost the plot. He's been absolutely boyed by Haymon here.

edit, and while I'm at it, what about Frampton's concrete ornament injury??? He's got form too the knob, he 'fell in the shower' that time too, hmmmm

@Stortz completely agree with the above. Also interesting to see AJ getting into spats with people he simply doesn’t need to (Lewis etc). AJ needs to get his head down and focus on the rematch and do his talking AFTER. 

I’m not convinced this fight will happen as detailed the Ruiz camp are very quiet about committing 

1 hour ago, daored said:

@Stortz completely agree with the above. Also interesting to see AJ getting into spats with people he simply doesn’t need to (Lewis etc). AJ needs to get his head down and focus on the rematch and do his talking AFTER. 

I’m not convinced this fight will happen as detailed the Ruiz camp are very quiet about committing 

Bizarre really as Lennox just gave his opinion to the Ruiz defeat. AJ is a man under massive pressure and its showing.

13 minutes ago, TomF said:

I’m starting to think he’s fallen out of love with it all. Financially he’s setup for life, he doesn’t need the sport. It’s the Hearns and Matchroom who’ll be pushing their cash cow more and more. I can honestly see him walking away from it all 

If he losses he certainly will , if he wins he’ll want Fury or Wilder if he doesn’t get those two I agree he may walk away 

10 hours ago, daored said:

In fairness Lennox has been nibbling away a bit for a while now, but I agree that it shows AJ is rattled.

I just can't see him coming back from getting absolutely done by Ruiz to win in an immediate rematch. Ruiz isn't bothered at all by his power, has far faster hands, is far better inside and is prepared to take a shot to give one. Unless Joshua puts on a Klitshko-esque boxing at range clinic and wraps Ruiz up inside all night I have no idea how he can win.

And **** Saudi Arabia!