IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Fair shout to him,basically saying I’m sponsored by adidas and promoted very well but at one point I have to fight the best rather then keep taking the gravy chain

Haha he's only got himself to blame for the progression of his career thus far, he's been more than happy for Frank to feed him Latvian carpenters up until now!

Respect for the effort tonight though, even when he clocked how out of his depth he was.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Super said:

Anyone make any sort of case for Campbell or is this a mismatch?

Much more than likely it's a mismatch.

You can attempt to make a case for Campbell in as much as he's a lot bigger than Loma and a natural at the weight. He could already bang and Shane McGuigan has concentrated on building his strength up even more- he's been sparring with Josh Taylor for this camp!

Luke is an excellent boxer with great fundamentals, a good jab, a big left and solid if predictable movement. His size makes it a bit more difficult for Loma to sit down on his punches.

To have any chance, Campbell will have to use all of his natural advantages and precisely execute a game plan from McGuigan in the same way as Frampton did in his first fight with LSC.

I reckon Campbell may surprise a few people by keeping the fight very close at first before Lomachenko works him out and puts him to sleep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stortz said:

Great little breakdown of Loma's footwork from the always superb Jack Slack:

You'll enjoy this @Phileas Fogg

Thank you love his videos, amazing breakdown. Loma is a one off and it'll be a treat to watch him in the UK. Almost went to the fight this weekend but tickets sold out far quicker than I anticipated! Decent undercard too Fury vs Povetkin is a great fight, credit to Hughie for taking it.

Anyone picking hughie to beat Povetkin? 

Can't see him wanting to trade with Sasha after running from pulev, a much lesser puncher. Think there could be boos by round 5 when very little happening imo but hope I'm wrong. 

Got to give credit to HF though. Certainly showing more balls than cousin Tyson at the moment. Just wish he wouldnt spend the night running. Schwartz and Wallin hardly entertaining from the so called 'lineal champ' though

6 hours ago, City18 said:

Anyone picking hughie to beat Povetkin? 

Can't see him wanting to trade with Sasha after running from pulev, a much lesser puncher. Think there could be boos by round 5 when very little happening imo but hope I'm wrong. 

Got to give credit to HF though. Certainly showing more balls than cousin Tyson at the moment. Just wish he wouldnt spend the night running. Schwartz and Wallin hardly entertaining from the so called 'lineal champ' though

I can't see Hughie winning tbh, even against a very shop worn Sasha.

You're right, Fury will be on his bike trying to nick rounds all night. He doesn't want to engage, or Povetkin will catch him with the hook inside.

Bit harsh on Tyson though mate, you can't begrudge him making a few quid before the Wilder rematch surely?!

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone know of any decent streams for this one? Used Hesgoal in the past but that didn’t show the fight last week

There will be streams galore for this one, I guarantee you- especially given the eastern Europen interest!

7 hours ago, Stortz said:

Bit harsh on Tyson though mate, you can't begrudge him making a few quid before the Wilder rematch surely?!

I mean I can see why he wants to take a couple easier fights and fair play for taking on wilder. I do feel like he won the wilder fight though, and potentially made a good case for him being the best guy in the division, but then to follow that with Schwartz and Wallin is poor IMO. It's ultimately an entertainment business and there are so many exciting fights he could make that I don't think we will ever see. 

This is also a guy who criticises everyone else's opponents. He has potential for HOF status if he fought all the top current and prospects in division but don't see that happening. 

3 hours ago, City18 said:

I mean I can see why he wants to take a couple easier fights and fair play for taking on wilder. I do feel like he won the wilder fight though, and potentially made a good case for him being the best guy in the division, but then to follow that with Schwartz and Wallin is poor IMO. It's ultimately an entertainment business and there are so many exciting fights he could make that I don't think we will ever see. 

This is also a guy who criticises everyone else's opponents. He has potential for HOF status if he fought all the top current and prospects in division but don't see that happening. 

Yeah, I don't disagree with you.

In fairness though, if you're going to get the same money from ESPN if you fight Wallin or someone like Pulev while tuning up for a major fight in a few months, I think his choice is understandable.

15 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, I don't disagree with you.

In fairness though, if you're going to get the same money from ESPN if you fight Wallin or someone like Pulev while tuning up for a major fight in a few months, I think his choice is understandable.

This is true. Do find it hard to believe ESPN are happy with their value for money though. May be completely wrong here but wasnt it something like an 80 million 5 fight deal he signed? Would expect better quality opposition for 16 million a fight if I was ESPN. If wilder loses to Ortiz (unlikely) then what fight does he make next?

4 hours ago, City18 said:

This is true. Do find it hard to believe ESPN are happy with their value for money though. May be completely wrong here but wasnt it something like an 80 million 5 fight deal he signed? Would expect better quality opposition for 16 million a fight if I was ESPN. If wilder loses to Ortiz (unlikely) then what fight does he make next?

It was indeed £80m, crazy!

ESPN are going to get the mega bang for their buck from the Wilder rematch(es), they've just given Tyson a couple of freebies along the way.

I would ******* love WIlder to lose to Ortiz haha, and it was only some generous reffing that saved him in round 7 of their first fight.

42 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Evening all.. 

Cordina looking sharp.. 

Evening Bird! Hope you're keeping well mate.

Cant wait for Loma later and I'm looking forward to Charlie Edwards too, although he looked bloody ill after the weight cut yesterday.

edit Hesgoal running atm, but it's not the best stream:

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/51447/Boxing_-_Campbell_vs__Lomachenko.html

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1