IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

**** me.

That body shot was well after he was down though.

edit, in fact it was ******* disgusting. Terrible refereeing.

edit 2, Edwards looked half dead at the weigh in tbf, so I'm not entirely surprised.

He didn’t look right at the weigh in , the amount of weight he lost. Not surprised by result  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

hahahaha, wasn't expecting a decision that fast

I feel a bit sorry for Martinez tbh, I'm sure he would have blown Charlie away if the late shot hadn't landed and he had got back up from the knee.

Sulaiman acting like Kim Jong-Un hahaha.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I feel a bit sorry for Martinez tbh, I'm sure he would have blown Charlie away if the late shot hadn't landed and he had got back up from the knee.

Like you said, he didn't have to do it and would have stopped Edwards if he'd have got up... 

It's ridiculous to make such a snap decision like that, you'd think he'd at least go away from the fight and check the replay from different angles just to be 1000% certain. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one to see a stoppage that I've thought is wrong to then see it a few days later and realise it was probably the correct decision. I've gone back and forth with that Froch Groves one, despite feeling it was terrible on the night.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Braveheart theme tune mate. Awful haha.

He should have put a lullaby on to get us ready for this,

Ahh, do you reckon with Fury's speed and big lack of power he'd have been much more suited to amateur boxing? Every time I see him he just seems to be good at landing small punches without the ability to cause any damage.

Or should he just be getting down to cruiser weight? 

Edited by Owl Visiting

10 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Ahh, do you reckon with Fury's speed and big lack of power he'd have been much more suited to amateur boxing? Every time I see him he just seems to be good at landing small punches without the ability to cause any damage.

Or should he just be getting down to cruiser weight? 

I don't think he'd have any pop there either tbh mate.

He's one of those fighters that you can admire for what he does, but you wouldn't watch out of the window if he was fighting in your garden. And he's a cheat.

Edited by Stortz
  • Haha 1

I don't think he'd have any pop there either tbh mate.

He's one of those fighters that you can admire for what he does, but you wouldn't watch out of the window if he was fighting in your garden. And he's a cheat.

The fury name will always be tainted because as you say they are both cheats,doesn’t matter what they do there will always be suspicion