IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Lomo and Usyk are top blokes. Difficult to see how anyone could dislike them 

I don't know why, but Usyk's hilariously atonal attampt at Sweet Caroline in this really cracks me up haha, Loma's face is great:

Head properly thrown back too haha.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Only thing I know about either of those two is that Logan Paul went into those woods in Japan where many people take their own lives. He found a body and filmed it the ****. No idea or care who KSI is. Aimed at the younger generation though isn't it. 

Yep my 9 year old is buzzing for this fight! Didnt Eddie rubbish it before? Has obviously seen there is a lot of money to be made.

Edited by Super

Surely questions need to be asked here Mcracken talking about AJ.

'I know him better than all these experts who virtually don't know him or have met him once or twice so I knew he was concussed and I'm trying to get him through a few more rounds, one round at a time, and see where he's at,' McCracken told the BBC's 5Live boxing podcast

''Can he recover? Can he get back into this? But he was glazy-eyed from when he got caught with that initial shot in round three and he carried that with him up until the end.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Surely questions need to be asked here Mcracken talking about AJ.

'I know him better than all these experts who virtually don't know him or have met him once or twice so I knew he was concussed and I'm trying to get him through a few more rounds, one round at a time, and see where he's at,' McCracken told the BBC's 5Live boxing podcast

''Can he recover? Can he get back into this? But he was glazy-eyed from when he got caught with that initial shot in round three and he carried that with him up until the end.

Would be the end of boxing if fights were stopped every time a fighter was concussed. If this debate gets traction then boxing will find itself in big trouble as clearly it is highly dangerous for a concussed fighter to continue to take blows to the head. Not sure there is a solution...

• Like 2

On 03/09/2019 at 21:56, Owl Visiting said:

Only thing I know about either of those two is that Logan Paul went into those woods in Japan where many people take their own lives. He found a body and filmed it the ****. No idea or care who KSI is. Aimed at the younger generation though isn't it. 

Pair of absolutely raging *****. Despise the pair of them, thoughtless ******* ?

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

20 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Would be the end of boxing if fights were stopped every time a fighter was concussed. If this debate gets traction then boxing will find itself in big trouble as clearly it is highly dangerous for a concussed fighter to continue to take blows to the head. Not sure there is a solution...

It's an absolute load of bollocks tbh, McCracken has said nothing wrong at all, even if he could have chosen his words more carefully.

Virtually every single boxer carries on fighting with concussion- they're getting punched in the ******* head for a living! It's the nature of the sport ffs.

In the immortal words of Richard J Hatton 'It's not a tickling contest'.

7 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Anyone watching Fury tonight? I can't be bothered with it, he should be fighting Wilder. Already starting to feel like the AJ v Wilder thing with the endless back and forth about whether the fight will or won't happen, its pathetic how much the Americans are terrified of losing their unbeaten records. 

Evening OV.. 

Will watch the York hall bill, always fancied hospitality there, about £200..

54 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Anyone watching Fury tonight? I can't be bothered with it, he should be fighting Wilder. Already starting to feel like the AJ v Wilder thing with the endless back and forth about whether the fight will or won't happen, its pathetic how much the Americans are terrified of losing their unbeaten records. 

Not a hope in hell of me staying up because I’m just not interested in the BS anymore,there is always a chance fury gets beat like any heavyweight but I think we are all fed up to the back teeth of it all and are giving up caring about the heavyweight division when it had the makings of something special 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TRL said:

The Dark Destroyer making a comeback at 55...... Discuss!

As Mr T used to say... Crazy fool

Just awful. Please don't do it Nigel.

Apparently he's fighting Sakio Bika too, he's dangerous for a man of Benn's age and time out of the sport.

I'm hoping he sees sense before the bout, or that the cowboys sanctioning it are forced into a rethink. I would hate to see one of my favourite fighters come to serious harm in the ring.

24 minutes ago, TomF said:

Anyone watching Dubois tonight? 

Not tonight. I like him and rate him but it's not very interesting viewing to see him against random journeymen. At least he took the Gorman fight, on paper it should have been fairly close but on the night Dubois showed the levels between the two.

I'd really like to see Dubois take on Joyce - sick of Joyce's prat of a manager Sam Jones harping on, think Dubois could beat Joyce too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TomF said:

That’s true. So frustrating with what fights could have had this year. I guess we were spoilt last year.  Usyk should liven up the HW division soon with bit of luck 

The last few months of 2019 are a vast improvement on the rest of the year thinking about it. Josh Taylor v Prograis will be ace.

Gvozdyk v Beterbiev to come in October, that's a great fight. Inoue gets his shot at top 5 p4p and the Ali Trophy v Donnaire on November 7.

Ritson v Davies Jnr and Burns v Selby will be good domestic bouts.

I hear some fat fella defends his belts somewhere disreputable too.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1