IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Just watched it, fantastic fight.  Inoue's second wind was just awesome, the way he started picking even MORE perfect punches after his face was ****** right up and he took those big shots. Just awesome. I'd love to see him fight Tete and just imagine him v Loma!

Donaire is an absolute hero too, I've always had a soft spot for him, he's a thoroughly decent bloke and as hard as nails.

We've had some crackers lately to cheer us up after a generally shit year, Porter Spence Jnr, Prograis Taylor and now this.

One thing though, wtf was the ref doing for the knock down? He got in between them ages before Donaire had even gone down and lost the count altogether. Minor quibble though, that was mint.

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Anywhere I can watch this one on replay chaps? Sounds like a cracker

Quite a big night of boxing on the 23rd and only four weeks until AJ v Ruiz to round the year off. Still massively worried for AJ in that one, could be career over if he loses.

Here you go mate, the Sky broadcast:

A wonderful fight, you'll enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Would like to see Smith fight more often as these are his 'salad days', would Canelo consider it Stortz? 

Imagine it at Anfield! I agree, I think Hearn has let Mundo down a bit since the Groves fight tbh, he should have been in far higher profile fights than this by now.

I reckon Canelo is matchmade far too carefully by GBP to fight Mundo atm mate, even in Vegas. The Kovalev fight could be viewed as a bit of a cherry pick with Sergey faded and coming straight out of the Yarde fight, impressive though the win was (prohibitive rehydration clauses accepted).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Ryder has to get closer more often,... 

He's given a very good account of himself thus far though, he's done better than I thought he would.

Mundo's head movement has never been great, but it's even worse than normal tonight.

edit, nasty cut from the head clash

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

You wouldn't think this is the same bloke who destroyed Groves a year ago. He looks scared.

Matchroom special scorecard needed at this rate.

It's incredible isn't it, wtf has happened here?

Very close on the cards I'd say.

edit 114-112 Mundo.

Edited by Stortz