IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

43 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Dropping weight won’t make his head movement any better I’m afraid,he could outbox Ruiz of course but that’s hard to do when you haven’t had to do it your whole career,be very interesting 

Exactly the way I see it mate, if AJ manages to change his spots radically enough to win then fair play to him, but I can't envisage that he can.

Enjoy it everyone, I'll be back for the the aftermath on Sunday!

9 minutes ago, TomF said:

Not sure - he went 12 roads with Parker and 11 with Vlad.. mind you Ruiz was still going strong after 7 last time so who knows! 

This is why AJ is without doubt the most exciting heavyweight around and earns what he does,he could quite easily knock him out first round or be flattened himself anytime 

30 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Both to be knocked down in the first 3 rounds is 40/1 which is tempting.

I’m having that , plus both to be knocked down in round 3; 66/1

@Stortz @joe jordans teeth, @Owl Visiting you watched BBC programme on Iplayer? Interesting insight from the ref about Joshua having no plan B and turned his back on me , he wanted more time but I’m not allowed to give it to him 

9 hours ago, daored said:

I’m having that , plus both to be knocked down in round 3; 66/1

@Stortz @joe jordans teeth, @Owl Visiting you watched BBC programme on Iplayer? Interesting insight from the ref about Joshua having no plan B and turned his back on me , he wanted more time but I’m not allowed to give it to him 

What was it called mate

A few people think Ruiz might have been holding weights to make himself heavier at the weigh in. All a ploy to get Joshua to underestimate him again.

I honestly have no idea how I think this is going to play out. I quite like Ruiz and don't like Joshua so kind of hope Ruiz wins again.. then again, having all the belts with Al Haymon via Ruiz and Wilder isn't great for the division. 

Good fight and also a decent undercard too. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bellew an ex world champion boxer doesn't understand how scoring works!

He said he had it 115-113 to Hunter. But the 4th round was close, so even if you give Povetkin that round it is still 115-114 to Hunter...umm, no Tony it'd be 114-114 then.

Tbf he’s took some punches to the nut in his lifetime 

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Must be a replay mate. I'm watching box office and there's been no fight after Povetkin/Hunter

I think it was live, Sky just choose not to show the unscheduled fights for some reason. You can sometimes see them going off in the background whilst they're doing analysis.

Edited by Owl Visiting