IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Nice finish that,hows your health bird ,hope all is ok mate 

Not bad mate I'm officially on the transplant list, which is nice as I wasn't well enough before... 

All ready for our massive serge towards the top of the championship? 

Edited by B1ackbird

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He got power no doubt but head movement is poor to say the least,still young tho,merry Christmas to you as well and let’s hope for some cracking match ups next year

That's what I mean really, imagine how good he could be in a few years with the right trainer, because he has genuine natural talent.

All the best to you and yours mate.

• Like 1

On 28/12/2019 at 05:26, TomF said:

Wilder v Fury 2 confirmed for 22nd Feb at the garden. For some reason I thought it already had been confirmed but hey ho. Time to bring that green strap over the pond.. 

Went online to get tickets as went to tge first fight. US$500 was the cheapest available ticket, sadly i am not going to the rematch :laugh:

On 24/01/2020 at 07:02, TomF said:

Starting to get some decent fights lined up. I guess that suggests AJ taking on Pulev first then 

Yeah and then either Usyk for the WBO mandatory presuming he beats Delboy, or Wilder/ Fury if the Saudi wedge can tempt them in. It'd be a travesty if a Fury/ Joshua undisputed bout wasn't in the UK though ( I realise I'm wildly speculating a bit there haha).

On 28/12/2019 at 05:26, TomF said:

Wilder v Fury 2 confirmed for 22nd Feb at the garden. For some reason I thought it already had been confirmed but hey ho. Time to bring that green strap over the pond.. 

Decided to bight the bullet and buy tickets, enjoyed the last fight in LA so much. Wasn’t cheap at all but still can’t wait, flying from Australia. Common Fury

Edited by AirlieBeachRed
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That won’t end well for Joyce bless him

No, it definitely won't. Fair play to him for taking it rather than the easier fight with Filip Hrgovic though.

I can only see a Dubois win by mid round ko, but I don't really begrudge either of them them having a spin at a PPV (nb, I shall be stealing it from the internet).

10 minutes ago, Stortz said:

No, it definitely won't. Fair play to him for taking it rather than the easier fight with Filip Hrgovic though.

I can only see a Dubois win by mid round ko, but I don't really begrudge either of them them having a spin at a PPV (nb, I shall be stealing it from the internet).

Don’t think Joyce had any option but to take it,he’s in his mid 30s as it is and another year fighting bums would not do him any favours,guess he thought let’s get a pay day and have a go 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don’t think Joyce had any option but to take it,he’s in his mid 30s as it is and another year fighting bums would not do him any favours,guess he thought let’s get a pay day and have a go 

He could have hidden behind the EBU mandatory v Hrgovic though, and spun out a fight with Dubois until later in the year. Respect to both of them for taking it.

Did you watch the Matchroom card last night mate? State of Diaz's eye after beating Farmer, owwwwwwwww

image.png.44eb2d968c65dbf93f9072f400bfb264.png

Edited by Stortz

13 minutes ago, Stortz said:

He could have hidden behind the EBU mandatory v Hrgovic though, and spun out a fight with Dubois until later in the year. Respect to both of them for taking it.

Did you watch the Matchroom card last night mate? State of Diaz's eye after beating Farmer, owwwwwwwww

image.png.44eb2d968c65dbf93f9072f400bfb264.png

No didn’t watch mate,that’s well nasty 

On 31/01/2020 at 20:28, Stortz said:

Surprised to see you calling it this way. I reckon I’d give the edge to Dubois but it’s not an easy fight, Joyce has faced some pretty solid opposition in his short professional career compared to Dubois and has been in with world class talent before that. The one win DD has, Gorman, fought terribly when the spotlight was on and I think Jennings would beat him. 

If Dubois can stick to a game plan and hammer Joyce to the body I think he’ll win but I would not at all be surprised to see Joe’s edge in experience be telling if Dubois goes in reckless. 60/40 for me 

7 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Surprised to see you calling it this way. I reckon I’d give the edge to Dubois but it’s not an easy fight, Joyce has faced some pretty solid opposition in his short professional career compared to Dubois and has been in with world class talent before that. The one win DD has, Gorman, fought terribly when the spotlight was on and I think Jennings would beat him. 

If Dubois can stick to a game plan and hammer Joyce to the body I think he’ll win but I would not at all be surprised to see Joe’s edge in experience be telling if Dubois goes in reckless. 60/40 for me 

Yeah this one really seems to divide opinion and I can absolutley see where you're coming from. I didn't mean to insinuate in my post that this would be easy for Dubois, this is an excellent fight imo.

Joyce always fights at one pace, on the front foot, marching forward with little by way of head movement and I think he's going to get picked off as he comes in by Dubios' excellent jab. Joyce can be a bit robotic and slow and gets hit more than he should, Dubois has far better fundamentals and speed as well as the edge in power and youth on his side.

You're right that Joyce has been in with better fighters- although Jennings was strangely gunshy when they fought, I thought he had chances to put Joyce under real pressure that he didn't take. I agree that this experience will be a big factor ifJoyce is able to absorb the volume and intensity of Dubois' work, but I don't think he can- and he certainly isn't the type of fighter to avoid punches through clever movement.

This one could be a British heavyweight classic though, neither of them will want to take a step back. Joyce knows he's pretty much finished if he loses and Dubois will see the fight as a coming out party that could lift him into the big league.

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

Yeah this one really seems to divide opinion and I can absolutley see where you're coming from. I didn't mean to insinuate in my post that this would be easy for Dubois, this is an excellent fight imo.

Joyce always fights at one pace, on the front foot, marching forward with little by way of head movement and I think he's going to get picked off as he comes in by Dubios' excellent jab. Joyce can be a bit robotic and slow and gets hit more than he should, Dubois has far better fundamentals and speed as well as the edge in power and youth on his side.

You're right that Joyce has been in with better fighters- although Jennings was strangely gunshy when they fought, I thought he had chances to put Joyce under real pressure that he didn't take. I agree that this experience will be a big factor ifJoyce is able to absorb the volume and intensity of Dubois' work, but I don't think he can- and he certainly isn't the type of fighter to avoid punches through clever movement.

This one could be a British heavyweight classic though, neither of them will want to take a step back. Joyce knows he's pretty much finished if he loses and Dubois will see the fight as a coming out party that could lift him into the big league.

Good summary mate, hard to disagree. Either way I’m glad to see it happening, Frank gets his fair share of stick but you’ve got to say fair play for putting this one on, the point of a stable after all is to put the best you’ve got against each other. Can’t wait 

• Like 1