IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

5 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Evening chaps, feels like I've not watched any boxing in ages. It's always quiet in January though. 

Be interesting to see if Kell still has anything left, he's said all week he's finished if he doesn't win convincingly. 

Evening Owl, hope you're well.

Some great fights coming up in the next few months after the traditionally desolate January!

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

£25 for the Wilder Fury fight then,is Frank Warren pissed again to think people will pay that for a 5am start  and a undercard that features taxi driver after taxi driver,if only there was some way you could watch without paying :juggle:

At least you get a brilliant undercard for your mon....oh.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

I think I’ll ? 

A man with no children speaks:

image.png.6cdec3ff42934830573fcc40a7e7bdd6.png

I'm going to go to bed then get back up for it despite this reasoned, well argued exortation. The undercard stinks so badly that even Pablo Escobar's personal 1987 reserve couldn't keep me awake for it:

image.png.d7378eb069beb7c3b02504cbc9cb8a41.png

Booooooooooooo

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Isn't the UK market significant enough that they couldn't at least make it 2/3am or 6am.

5am is literally the most unsocial hour on a Sunday.

All that said, this is a massive fight and I'm considering getting up and paying! Or just lie in bed and listen on 5Live 

Not quite. First time out got around 400k buys in the UK at £20, but 350k in the States at $75 a pop. Despite the extra interest I don't think there'll be that many more UK buys tomorrow given the ring walk time.

Also the live gate is a serious wedge and may not have sold out in 8 minutes if it was starting at 1800 in Vegas!

edit @AirlieBeachRed, are you in Vegas mate?

Edited by Stortz