IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

42 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Not quite. First time out got around 400k buys in the UK at £20, but 350k in the States at $75 a pop. Despite the extra interest I don't think there'll be that many more UK buys tomorrow given the ring walk time.

Also the live gate is a serious wedge and may not have sold out in 8 minutes if it was starting at 1800 in Vegas!

edit @AirlieBeachRed, are you in Vegas mate?

Guess it's just Vegas and the 7 hour (?) time difference.

75 dollars. You're regular reminder of the massive pay/wealth inequality in America. That's about £60 I believe and out of the price range of most Americans unless you club a load of you together. 

3 hours ago, Stortz said:

Not quite. First time out got around 400k buys in the UK at £20, but 350k in the States at $75 a pop. Despite the extra interest I don't think there'll be that many more UK buys tomorrow given the ring walk time.

Also the live gate is a serious wedge and may not have sold out in 8 minutes if it was starting at 1800 in Vegas!

Next Saturday sorry!

I don't reckon he's left yet.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Guess it's just Vegas and the 7 hour (?) time difference.

75 dollars. You're regular reminder of the massive pay/wealth inequality in America. That's about £60 I believe and out of the price range of most Americans unless you club a load of you together. 

Yeah it's criminally expensive really, DAZN represents extraordinary value for money by comparison but they're apparently miles off their target subscription level.

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

No not yet, fly out from Australia and arrive in Vegas on Wednesday in time for the weigh in on Friday and the fight Saturday then fly home on Sunday. Will put some updates on here once in vegas  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

No not yet, fly out from Australia and arrive in Vegas on Wednesday in time for the weigh in on Friday and the fight Saturday then fly home on Sunday. Will put some updates on here once in vegas  

I was a week ahead of myself, sorry!

Hope you have a blast.

• Like 1

Looking forward to Fury vs Wilder. I'm a huge Fury fan, he's easily my favourite top HW so I'd love to him win. Unfortunately I think Wilder will win by KO. 

Then again, Fury really raises or lowers his game to his opponent - much like Billy Joe Saunders - so it's foolish to write him off. I just think Wilder is dangerous for the entire fight and I think Fury will get caught with something.

Really really hope I'm wrong and Fury wins.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Looking forward to Fury vs Wilder. I'm a huge Fury fan, he's easily my favourite top HW so I'd love to him win. Unfortunately I think Wilder will win by KO. 

Then again, Fury really raises or lowers his game to his opponent - much like Billy Joe Saunders - so it's foolish to write him off. I just think Wilder is dangerous for the entire fight and I think Fury will get caught with something.

Really really hope I'm wrong and Fury wins.

Pretty much what I think mate. My main concern is that cut from the Wallin fight- apparently Tyson has barely sparred at all to protect it, but it's not going to take much to open it back up again.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stortz said:

Pretty much what I think mate. My main concern is that cut from the Wallin fight- apparently Tyson has barely sparred at all to protect it, but it's not going to take much to open it back up again.

Yep, I heard their camp has been incredibly secretive. I listened to Bunce and Costello's podcast - he's left no stone unturned with the new training setup, new nutritionist, masseuse, no diet cokes, limited media. 

There's the sort of 1% marginal gains that could make the difference but Wilder is so devastating. I think the most likely outcome is Fury winning comfortably for 8 rounds plus and then getting caught. I wouldn't rule out a flash KO early in the fight too. Wilder has a bit of form for this. 

I would never write off Fury though, if anyone can pull it out the bag it's him. Backing him all the way, would be amazing if he wins. Just hope they try and make the AJ fight eventually.

• Like 1

It's a hard one to call as I've watched the Debate on BT and the concensus ranged from Furys dad saying hell win by KO To Haye who has spared with Wilder saying hell win inside the distance. 

I think you have to start from the end of the first fight which Fury would have won if he wasn't put on his back near the end. Why was he knocked down? Fatigued, or he didn't see it coming, (like Naz Wilder  throws punches from wierd angles) if he is this monster puncher, sooner or later hell catch up with Tyson, if it's early he could finish it but near the end he might not have the gas and end up in trouble himself. 

For Fury the best scenario is a late stoppage or more lightly, a points decision. 

Edited by B1ackbird

23 minutes ago, Super said:

A lot of people not giving Wilder a chance after he got schooled in the first fight but Wilder will always have a chance in any fight with his power. Fury on points for me.

Completely silly if people rule Wilder out. I think the smart money is probably Wilder by KO. Surely that's the most likely outcome. Fury has to be switched on for 2160 seconds.

Really really hope he pulls it off though. He's more than capable, clearly the better boxer, now spent a year doing boxing training rather than slimming down. I don't know how much realistically Wilder can improve whereas in that time Fury has got himself completely match fit. 

Should be intriguing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Completely silly if people rule Wilder out. I think the smart money is probably Wilder by KO. Surely that's the most likely outcome. Fury has to be switched on for 2160 seconds.

Really really hope he pulls it off though. He's more than capable, clearly the better boxer, now spent a year doing boxing training rather than slimming down. I don't know how much realistically Wilder can improve whereas in that time Fury has got himself completely match fit. 

Should be intriguing. 

Exactly, Ortiz was boxing Wilder's ears off in their second fight until he got ktfo. It's not even something Wilder consciously does in terms of leading opponents on to the punch with clever boxing, it's just the freakish whipped punch power he generates with those long arms.

As @B1ackbird said above, Deontay throws so many from **** knows where that he normally connects eventually.

Edited by Stortz

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

This is what I love about this fight. You’ve got perhaps the most gifted natural fighter of his generation. A master of the sweet sweet science against someone who has little of it but the sheer power just can’t be ignored. 

Closer it gets the more exciting it gets really. Can’t call it but hope TF brings the belt back especially after what the WBC have done to keep it away from Whyte etc

Not according to wilder today , Whyte has declined the fight 

Not looking forward to it, for the sole reason I'll be on the edge of my seat praying Wilder doesn't connect with one of his massive punches. It's almost a certainty that Fury will win more rounds so feels like he's just got to survive from the first bell, and 12 rounds is a long time.

I don't buy into this thing the Furys have been saying they have to/or will be trying to knock Wilder out, he should easily win on points if he stays upright, as long as he doesn't get knocked down twice again!

I'm sitting on the fence for now, really feels like a 50/50 fight. Whatever happens though I don't want to see a 3rd fight, I want to see the winner go on to fight AJ. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Ben Davison on Talksport was asked about the cut above his right eye & mentioned that in the first fight Wilder connected with about 17% of his punches thrown. 

I think a fitter Fury wins (again), and with ease. 

Wilder will fight differently in the rematch. He'll be more patient, not rushing his work. Wilder usually has really good stamina but punched himself out last time. I almost always favour the boxer over the puncher, but Fury will do well to evade the big right hand for 36 minutes. 

• Like 1

Last time round Fury outlanded Wilder in 9 of 12 rounds - not by much each time but by enough that judges pretty much anywhere else in the world would have given him the win.

I think the talk of Fury going for a KO is just an attempt to mislead people, he'd be mad to risk getting hit.  His best bet is to follow the same game plan as last time just do it better.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Ben Davison on Talksport was asked about the cut above his right eye & mentioned that in the first fight Wilder connected with about 17% of his punches thrown. 

I think a fitter Fury wins (again), and with ease. 

Nothing like a bold prediction so fair play!

What makes you so confident mate? We've heard/seen very little from Tyson's camp to instill such confidence as far as I'm aware?

Much as I hope I'm wrong, I see Wilder winning between 8 and 10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

What makes you so confident mate? We've heard/seen very little from Tyson's camp to instill such confidence as far as I'm aware?

I watched the highlights of the first fight again earlier. That's plenty enough to instill confidence that Fury can win. Quite simply; he is a far superior boxer. 

He's going to come in lighter than the first fight I believe and I like where Fury is mentally.

So he can definitely do it, save for those two concerns that he needs to avoid one of Wilder's bombs AND hope the judges are fair-minded! 

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I watched the highlights of the first fight again earlier. That's plenty enough to instill confidence that Fury can win. Quite simply; he is a far superior boxer. 

He's going to come in lighter than the first fight I believe and I like where Fury is mentally.

So he can definitely do it, save for those two concerns that he needs to avoid one of Wilder's bombs AND hope the judges are fair-minded! 

Of course he is, but that didn't stop him getting decked twice first time out!

Wilder is clearly a poor actual boxer, the equaliser is that supernatural whipped right hand.

I really hope you're right though!

Can't frikkin wait for this fight, hope it lasts at least 8 rounds, as I would not be shocked to see Wilder knock Tyson out in the first 3.

I've heard every interview this week and Fury is definitely going to try to KO Wilder, which could prove to be a massive mistake.

I believe Wilder is going to blast Tyson's head off of his shoulders.

Hope they don't try to arrange a third fight - there's no need for them to be greedy and chase the purse again, and it will only stall the other super fights in the division.

The winner has to fight against AJ - surely?

12 hours ago, Stortz said:

As KITR said, just going off the first fight tbh mate. I think a sharper & fitter Fury avoids more. I expect all this talk of knocking him out is just a smokescreen so Wilder thinks about something else. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

FB_IMG_1582255017210.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg

Big Kugs ? have a good one fella.

Bloke I know booked to stay in MGM this week before the fight was even made, dirt cheap up to what it was once announced. He is loving it. Met Kell Brook & a few others out there, bet it’s class. I’d love to do it!

I wish UK fights could bring in as much £££ so we didnt always have to wait up till 4/5am to see them! 

• Like 2

Nobody knows what’s going to happen let’s be honest that’s why it’s a great fight.Fury could punch punch grab and hold all night like he normally does and win easily or Wilder could just simply knock him out from the first 20 seconds to the last 20 seconds,if I was a betting man my money would be on Wilder because Fury always gets hit at some stage whoever he has fought