IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

11 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Can't frikkin wait for this fight, hope it lasts at least 8 rounds, as I would not be shocked to see Wilder knock Tyson out in the first 3.

I've heard every interview this week and Fury is definitely going to try to KO Wilder, which could prove to be a massive mistake.

I believe Wilder is going to blast Tyson's head off of his shoulders.

Hope they don't try to arrange a third fight - there's no need for them to be greedy and chase the purse again, and it will only stall the other super fights in the division.

The winner has to fight against AJ - surely?

Pretty sure Fury said in a recent interview that the 3rd fight has already been arranged if the loser wants it. But like he said the loser would be stupid not to as the money is to good to turn down.

This was in response to the interviewer asking about Eddie Hearns comments saying it would be easier to make a AJ Fury fight to AJ Wilder. 

19 minutes ago, BS10 RED said:

Pretty sure Fury said in a recent interview that the 3rd fight has already been arranged if the loser wants it. But like he said the loser would be stupid not to as the money is to good to turn down.

This was in response to the interviewer asking about Eddie Hearns comments saying it would be easier to make a AJ Fury fight to AJ Wilder. 

The easy answer is that while wilder and fury keep carrying on then AJ while have to fight the only other best heavyweight out there and that is Whyte who deserves his crack but AJ won’t want none of that 

I want Fury to win and of course he can do it but as good as he is, I just cannot see him not being on the end of a massive shot at some point. He needs the performance of his life to stay on his feet for the full 12. It's just when it comes and whether he can get up with his senses still there enough not to be stopped. IMO he was given a fair bit of leeway last time, 9 times from 10 that is instantly waved off when he's out on his back like that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

The easy answer is that while wilder and fury keep carrying on then AJ while have to fight the only other best heavyweight out there and that is Whyte who deserves his crack but AJ won’t want none of that 

Totally agree, How he hasn't had a shot at any belt yet is scandalous.

Someone who has more knowledge than me can you explain why Whyte is only ranked by the WBC?

52 minutes ago, BS10 RED said:

Totally agree, How he hasn't had a shot at any belt yet is scandalous.

Someone who has more knowledge than me can you explain why Whyte is only ranked by the WBC?

It's all a bit wierd tbh, Whyte was highly ranked with the IBF and WBA at one stage.

I think he dropped out of the IBF rankings for not fighting Pulev, then everything else other than the WBC (who were scared of getting sued) after pissing hot v Rivas. I think the answer is essentially: boxing politics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Really looking forward to this. Most nervous/excited I’ve been about a fight in ages. Really really hope Fury pulls it off.

Seriously, me too. I forgot to factor in to my plan to sleep pre fight that I'm as excited as ****.

edit hahahaha

edit 2, this too!

Edited by Stortz
  • Haha 1