IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Said it all along, Wilder so ridiculously overhyped. A guy who has yet to beat a proven elite fighter! 

Fury got tactics spot on. Get in close and lean on him. Wilder has not got the best punch resistance, but also can't get his shots off up close.

Commentator said this fight decides who is the best heavyweight. Nope. Fury needs to now beat AJ to be the best. Really hope this happens.

How can they build a Fury vs Wilder 3? Fury outboxed him in the first and beat him up in the entire 2nd fight. Wilder won't be able to adapt. He isn't good enough to.

Does AJ even beat a much improved Dillian Whyte now tho let alone fury 

6 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

One of the most impressive things that I’ve not really seen mentioned anywhere is Wilder landed three or four big right hands in the first three rounds and Tyson just took them and came straight back at him. Must’ve been demoralising for him.

They weren’t clean shots tho mate 

27 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Loads of people online shocked by this. I'm not! Wilder lost nearly every round in previous Fury fight who was in much worse shape and ring rusty.

He lost nearly every round in both Ortiz fights, Ortiz having high blood pressure going into one of those fights!

Maybe the only surprising thing is Fury being stronger and being on front foot. But then we knew he'd put on muscle and weight and he said he was going to come forward. So really that shouldn't be a shock either!

We need to ask the question how good is Wilder, really. Is Fury win more impressive than when Fury beat Wlad? Not so sure. He outboxed Wlad, and who ever managed to do that?

In fairness, I don't think anyone has ever thought Wilder is anything other than a "puncher". His technique is awful; even the big right he throws reminds me of how kids used to throw punches in fights in secondary school! 

I must admit after watching the highlights of the first fight again on Friday it gave me more confidence Fury would win as he is a vastly superior boxer and I'm glad he proved it again last night! 

I agree AJ is a much tastier fight than Wilder. Could see that developing into a proper tear-up (we know what AJs like).

This summer at Wembley, AJ v Fury. Can you imagine? Would surely be the biggest fight in UK boxing history?

• Like 3

Just make it 50/50 and get it done. They'll both clear £50m ffs, so if there's arguments about splits it just means one or both sides doesn't fancy it yet. Money is not the issue because the pot's so big to start with.

Hearn and Frank will become best pals, because they'll both have pay days to end all pay days. Same for Sky and BT. Everyone's a winner with that fight.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

Last night truly amazing and what a performance but I still think that when fury beat Klitschko in Germany that is still the most skillful performance of his restricting him to 37 punches. 

AJ needs to avoid fury at all costs.

Dont agree with that last line. AJ is a far better boxer than Wilder who has no boxing skills whatsoever. Of course Fury would be favourite just hope the fight happens. Never easy with Frank and Eddie getting a fight on!

Edited by Super
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Super said:

Dont agree with that last line. AJ is a far better boxer than Wilder who has no boxing skills whatsoever. Of course Fury would be favourite just hope the fight happens. Never easy with Frank and Eddie getting a fight on!

I want the fight to happen but don't agree that Joshua is a better more skillful boxer than wilder. 

The money will make this fight happen. 

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Super said:

I want to see Fury vs AJ but would genuinely be intrigued to see Wilder vs AJ. Stylistically could be fantastic but is obviously a high risk fight for Joshua.

I know boxing politics is never this simple and obviously Joshua is fighting Pulev next.. but if I could have a fantasy schedule for the rest of the year I'd want to see Fury and Whyte fight as Whyte deserves his mandatory shot and then AJ vs Wilder in the summer. Assuming they both win, AJ vs Fury in December.

• Like 2

Just watched the fight, I'm no boxing expert but Tyson just took control from minute one and Wilder didn't know what to do, no footwork, nothing than trying to land the big right hand which Tyson restricted him to virtually none by constantly coming forward.  Not entirely sure how Wilder became a champion based on that showing?  Surely AJ would pick Wilder apart?