IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

8 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

No one going for Quigg, interesting.. 

He doesn't look anything like as ripped as he used to, and nervous coming into the arena.

Lets hope he's not relying on his boxing smarts to win haha.

edit- Carroll looking very sharp here.

Edited by Stortz

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

His corner would be wise to tell him to retire soon. Getting a proper beat down 

Yeah, quite sad to see him take this sort of hiding, he's finished.

It's a good job Jono can't hit harder, or this would be really ugly.

Quigg's plan seems to be stop all of Carroll's punches with his face and hope he gets tired out.

Edited by Stortz

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

3 rounds too late with the towel there.

Fair play Carroll, easily the best I've seen him box.

edit- @B1ackbird Adam Smith is such a nause eh.

It's plain to see Quigg doesn't punch hard enough to keep Carroll off him. 

Stortz, all I can say is he ain't Reg Gutterige.. 

Edited by B1ackbird

15 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

It's plain to see Quigg doesn't punch hard enough to keep Carroll off him. 

Stortz, all I can say is he ain't Reg Gutterige.. 

Quigg looked like an analogue boxer in a digital age tonight, he doesn't need the money any more surely (and he can work in his Mum's chip shop if he's skint) and should retire for sure.

He's one of those boxers whose dedication has made up for his technical deficiencies in his prime, but now father time has caught up with him he should gtfo with his faculties as intact as possible.

Ahh, good old Reg. I  miss him.

edit, poor old @Owl Visiting must still be in shock from the Quigg-esque shellacking they took from Brentford earlier!

Edited by Stortz
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Quigg looked like an analogue boxer in a digital age tonight, he doesn't need the money any more surely (and he can work in his Mum's chip shop if he's skint) and should retire for sure.

He's one of those boxers whose dedication has made up for his technical deficiencies in his prime, but now father time has caught up with him he should gtfo with his faculties as intact as possible.

Ahh, good old Reg. I  miss him.

I hear that mate, this ain't a sport where sentiment has any place, as for dedication, it's made the careers of many fighters, a time and a place I suppose. 

A gym-rat like Quigg could be an absolute monster at his weight but as age catches up, it's time to say "that's it".. 

I think it's fair to say that indoor boxing is an absolute non starter in the coming months, and we were so close to an undisputed heavyweight fight this year. I can't realistically see any major cards until the Autumn now.

And in Germany, guess which Sauerland brother just realised his Medellin supply line was compromised by events:

Watched the Whyte/Parker fight a couple of days ago. Never seen it properly first time round as I was away for the evening and had little reception so had to make do with watching snippets the following day.

What a fight that was. Don’t recall much being said about it at the time other than Whyte nearly throwing it away at the death but was a great watch.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Watched the Whyte/Parker fight a couple of days ago. Never seen it properly first time round as I was away for the evening and had little reception so had to make do with watching snippets the following day.

What a fight that was. Don’t recall much being said about it at the time other than Whyte nearly throwing it away at the death but was a great watch.

Whyte is never in a bad fight let’s be honest,just a shame that he’s a proven cheat because I love his you hit me I will hit you attitude 

• Like 1