IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

That outcome did not surprise meat all, he has always been a slugger that seems to be looking at the next fight rather than the fight he is currently in. Granted great shot which was probably looking like a body shot before it took his head off.

Same old Dillian, all mouth focusing on the next fight

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TRL said:

That outcome did not surprise meat all, he has always been a slugger that seems to be looking at the next fight rather than the fight he is currently in. Granted great shot which was probably looking like a body shot before it took his head off.

Same old Dillian, all mouth focusing on the next fight

Now that is very harsh to say the least,he’s fought better boxers than fury has for god knows how long but because fury beat slugger wilder he’s the champion,life sucks some times 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Glad to hear there's a rematch clause, Whyte deserves to get his crack at the world title after waiting so long. If he wins the rematch of course.

I think if he came in 1 1/2, 2 St heavier he Could have survived that, there again, perhaps not. 

Dosvidaniya comrades... 

What a missile. I'd forgotten that Whyte was fighting last night. Boxing's cruel isn't it. Whyte's been waiting for years as mandatory and finally when the pressure is on Fury to honour that, Povetkin lands a missile.

I'm guessing Fury can soon focus on Wilder and Joshua and Whyte has to re-match Pov and wait in line for another year or two.

On 23/08/2020 at 13:22, mozo said:

What a missile. I'd forgotten that Whyte was fighting last night. Boxing's cruel isn't it. Whyte's been waiting for years as mandatory and finally when the pressure is on Fury to honour that, Povetkin lands a missile.

I'm guessing Fury can soon focus on Wilder and Joshua and Whyte has to re-match Pov and wait in line for another year or two.

It's much better for boxing that Whyte lost. Unless he landed a shot like the one Pov landed on him, he's clearly levels below Fury/Joshua and isn't a threat at all. Him being mandatory just delays Fury vs Joshua happening which is the fight the public need. 

8 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's much better for boxing that Whyte lost. Unless he landed a shot like the one Pov landed on him, he's clearly levels below Fury/Joshua and isn't a threat at all. Him being mandatory just delays Fury vs Joshua happening which is the fight the public need. 

Yeah, Whyte against Wilder at some point down the line is the one I'd like to see. 

Tonites BT card looks interesting given that Buatsi (smoother than a Miles Davis box set) looks set to fight Yarde if he successfully shakes off his ring rust... 

On another subject are Kell Brooks advisors hell bent on getting him killed in the ring with a fight against Terence Crawford? 

9 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Ritson? Absolutely, haven't seen many worse judges in my 50 years of watching boxing

Just now, B1ackbird said:

I think you can safely say that was in the realms of corruption its so bad a decision, it wasn't even close, and you can't even blame a partisan crowd for swaying the judges as their was no **** there.. 

Edited by B1ackbird
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Really think that could be a fight too far for Kell. Hope he comes out of it ok as on paper he's going to get a complete beat down. 

I can't see any other outcome, hope he sees sense and retires if/when he loses... 

I would have been preferable for Terry O'connor if he watched the fight rather than play Angry Birds on his phone... 

? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Usyk v Chisora this Saturday, should be entertaining I'd have thought. How much does Eddie want us to pay for this one?

Absolutely love Chisora, I think it'll be Usyk on points, but really hope Delboy pulls it off. 

5/1 on skybet I thought was pretty big odds for the more natural heavyweight to win. 

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Usyk v Chisora this Saturday, should be entertaining I'd have thought. How much does Eddie want us to pay for this one?

£19.95 seems a lot but only 5 pound more than Brighton v West Brom tonight....

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Absolutely love Chisora, I think it'll be Usyk on points, but really hope Delboy pulls it off. 

5/1 on skybet I thought was pretty big odds for the more natural heavyweight to win. 

I think Usyk will win fairly comfortably. Either a wide UD or Chisora’s corner will pull him out like Fury 2. 

I like Chisora though, very fun fighter.

22 hours ago, TomF said:

Chisora looks in the best shape of his life mind, could be an interesting one if it goes long. Nobody really knows yet if Usky has the power to really get amongst the elite heavyweights.

That's true but I think Usyk is levels above. The Matchroom hype around this fight is to use Chisora being in the shape of his life as the USP. 

As you say though, it'll be interesting to see how Usyk's power translates at HW as a pro. He did fight as a HW in the amateurs beating Joe Joyce fairly easily.