IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Piss poor that from Dubois, quit as soon as the going got tough. Had it all even at the time.

Fair play to Joyce, levels above anything he's done before. His head movement was incredible compared to what he's shown up to now.

Dubois is finished after that. 

Edit, his corner were absolutely appalling too.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

Piss poor that from Dubois, quit as soon as the going got tough. Had it all even at the time.

Fair play to Joyce, levels above anything he's done before. His head movement was incredible compared to what he's shown up to now.

Dubois is finished after that. 

Think he might be mate,eye damage is a bad thing 

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He was average in my eyes,a chisora or whyte knock him out let alone top level heavyweights 

Couldn't see a Chisora level fighter knocking him out, Joyce has shown he has a decent chin is and has a has a very good engine for a heavyweight. I know he's not the quickest but clearly has some power. 

I agree is isn't anywhere near the fury, AJ, Usyk and possibly Whyte level but surely he is in the bracket below and would have a chance against any other heavyweight.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Dubois accepting he took the knee. Unreal. 

I've not seen much of either of these guys but Dubois strikes me as another bodybuilder, not a boxer. Joyce is a boxer. 

I can't believe it, he doesn't even seem to care.

Egregious quitting in the face of little pressure. He wasn't even getting any sort of a beating or had eaten loads of big shots, he just decided he'd had enough. Bizarre.

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I can't believe it, he doesn't even seem to care.

Egregious quitting in the face of little pressure. He wasn't even getting any sort of a beating or had eaten loads of big shots, he just decided he'd had enough. Bizarre.

Have to say fair play to Frampton, absolutely scathing, and calling him out on it straight away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Ah right. I’m no boxing expert so didn’t get what he meant.  

Cheers 

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a nause.

Quitting is normally considered a cardinal sin in boxing, people will forgive a fighter virtually anything but that. 

Dubois didn't seem arsed in the slightest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a nause.

Quitting is normally considered a cardinal sin in boxing, people will forgive a fighter virtually anything but that. 

Dubois didn't seem arsed in the slightest.

You weren’t being a nause.

i thought was fair enough but going by the response by ex boxers and people on here and twitter I guess I was wrong. 

He did have a bit of ‘it is what it is’ about it!  Someone said there will always be doubts over him now.