IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

3 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

He was going to the hospital with that eye from round 3 on tbh.

Doesn't excuse the quitting still. You're either built for it or you're not.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Is the pelters he is getting from all and sundry actually fair or not?  Newish to boxing but does seem harsh 

There are so many examples of going out on your shield or corners pulling fighters out against their will. I think his insouciance after all his pre fight big talk is pissing people off the most.

40 minutes ago, Stortz said:

He was going to the hospital with that eye from round 3 on tbh.

Doesn't excuse the quitting still. You're either built for it or you're not.

There are so many examples of going out on your shield or corners pulling fighters out against their will. I think his insouciance after all his pre fight big talk is pissing people off the most.

That is so true about going out on your shield when you are getting banged on the chin,when it comes to eyes and it means you can’t see nothing then just like kell Brook done by taking the knee and quitting it’s the best option 

15 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Isn’t that what he just did,with all due respect very harsh mate

Always respect your point of view mate.

The difference for me is that Brook fought on for multiple rounds with the sort of injury that Dubois ended up with and actually still tried to take the fight to a bogeyman from several weight classes up.

I think the reaction of Frampton and Haye spoke volumes, but I can see your point too.

8 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Always respect your point of view mate.

The difference for me is that Brook fought on for multiple rounds with the sort of injury that Dubois ended up with and actually still tried to take the fight to a bogeyman from several weight classes up.

I think the reaction of Frampton and Haye spoke volumes, but I can see your point too.

We don’t know when Dubois got the injury,he could of had it from the 3rd round when it really swelled up bad,as for bad toe Haye he can carry on talking crap when he’s never had a injury like that 

28 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Can’t help my reaction to this sort of comment being unless you’ve been in there with a 6’6 ******* monster with a jab that’s broken your orbital bone I don’t think you can give him stick for quitting

To be fair both the pros ringside did straight away 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2020 at 01:39, joe jordans teeth said:

We don’t know when Dubois got the injury,he could of had it from the 3rd round when it really swelled up bad,as for bad toe Haye he can carry on talking crap when he’s never had a injury like that 

Hmm, I'll give you the toe, but remember when he fought Bellew and carried on after rupturing his achilles mate? He could barely stand up and still tried to knock Bellew out rather than quitting.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on Dubois, but if you go into a fight chatting that much breeze, then you'd better back it up!

Ffs...

Evander Holyfield vs. Glenn McCrory is ‘’verbally agreed’’ to take place, with the fight targeted to happen in April at the O2 Arena in London. The fight would see former Cruiserweight & Heavyweight World champion Holyfield take on former Cruiserweight World champion McCrory; with YouTuber Jake Paul being lined up to fight on the undercard. Fellow YouTuber Joe Weller has also been mentioned for a possible undercard slot. The fight would reportedly be promoted by Bare Knuckle Boxing company, but gloves would be used in Holyfield vs. McCrory. 

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I feel like he's wasted his career with inactivity. Covid obviously not helped. I think he's going to end up as one of those fighters where he retires without us really knowing how good he could've been.

He was inactive before covid to be honest when it comes to fighting top level,he’s probably the best technician out there but is his heart really in it