IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

On the Yarde fight. I had him winning by two, but many close rounds.

Any scorecard which is a couple rounds either way, could'nt argue.

One things for sure, Yarde was poor and this was a fight where he should be the clear winner. NOT having a close fight.

Needs to switch trainers and drop thei lions in the camp nonsense.

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Riaz said:

On the Yarde fight. I had him winning by two, but many close rounds.

Any scorecard which is a couple rounds either way, could'nt argue.

One things for sure, Yarde was poor and this was a fight where he should be the clear winner. NOT having a close fight.

Needs to switch trainers and drop thei lions in the camp nonsense.

I had Yarde 116/113 up, a hard fight to judge as both fighters didn’t really do enough in certain rounds to win them. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Dear God I'm a sucker for a lairy weigh in.

Cannot wait for this now, Joshua is trying to look calm, but he is angry haha.

Quite looking forward to it.

Can't decide what I want to happen, don't like Joshua so would enjoy it if he loses.. but if he does he'll be tied up for the best part of 2021 with an inevitable rematch so that doesn't mean Fury vs Joshua happens that soon. 

1 hour ago, daored said:

Perfectly staged , Eddie has having a word with Pulev before AJ came out 

Haha, no doubt mate.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

£25 considering the undercard is very poor, I appreciate it's difficult times though. Hearn was desperate to get Fury ringside to face off with Joshua after the fight.

The undercard is an atrocity eh. Fury v Wach will doubtlessly be painful to endure. Okolie is a hideous watch at the best of times, let alone when he's fighting a Polish bin man on a week's notice.

Bakole v Kuzmin could be half decent, but that and the main is nothing like enough to stop me stealing this card from the Internet.

34 minutes ago, phantom said:

Something random I've only noticed recently and I swear it never used to happen 

When a boxer is introduced their name is announced then their surname is announced again a few seconds later again 

Any idea why this is? 

It's just David Diamante who does this, Matchroom's house MC.

It's a throwback to the old days before modern PA systems when the MC used to announce the fighters to the different sides of the ring so everyone in the crowd could hear them.

• Thanks 2

Been enjoying the build up this week, looking forward to it tomorrow.

Part of me still thinks something is going to go wrong and that we won't get to see AJ v Fury for some time. Whether its AJ getting beaten tomorrow or Fury randomly announcing he's retired, he's not looked very happy when I've seen him talk recently, hope he's not struggling mentally again.

I just don't have much faith in the super fights happening at the moment, we always seem to get let down. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, daored said:

Perfectly staged , Eddie has having a word with Pulev before AJ came out 

This was my thought. Guessing PPV has been poor up to the day before the fight and then that at the weigh in makes you think it’s to draw in the viewers a bit more.

I may be wrong but I haven’t seen any tension between the two in the build up or any bands words spoken?

The weigh in had PR stunt written all over it!

13 hours ago, Stortz said:

Haha, no doubt mate.

The undercard is an atrocity eh. Fury v Wach will doubtlessly be painful to endure. Okolie is a hideous watch at the best of times, let alone when he's fighting a Polish bin man on a week's notice.

Bakole v Kuzmin could be half decent, but that and the main is nothing like enough to stop me stealing this card from the Internet.

Bakole v Kuzmin is a good fight, think Florin Marku is a good character but should be pretty a straightforward win for him.

I hope Pulev makes it competitive at the very least, I can't see this going 10 rounds though. Expect AJ to win in the mid-late rounds and look pretty good doing it.

37 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I won't pay £25 out of principle. Will try and find a stream, if I find a good one i'll send you a PM. 

Stream wanted here too if you can find one. I have used crackstreams and hesgoal previously, so will be trying those again. If you find any other good ones then would appreciate the nod though. Thanks ?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I won't pay £25 out of principle. Will try and find a stream, if I find a good one i'll send you a PM. 

9 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Stream wanted here too if you can find one. I have used crackstreams and hesgoal previously, so will be trying those again. If you find any other good ones then would appreciate the nod though. Thanks ?

http://crackstreams.com/boxing-streams/watch-dazn-joshua-vs-pulev/

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

31 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I’m pretty good at finding streams - if this one plays up I’ll take a look and send you all a PM. Good to have crowds back anyway. Bakole vs Kuzmin dropped under the radar a bit, very good fight. Possibly most competitive on the card.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’m pretty good at finding streams - if this one plays up I’ll take a look and send you all a PM. Good to have crowds back anyway. Bakole vs Kuzmin dropped under the radar a bit, very good fight. Possibly most competitive on the card.

Fair play mate, it's perfect atm though and Crackstreams are reliable normally.

Poor Marku just got stiffed there haha.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Joshua is always worth the big £25 for me because his fights are rarely dull. 

Don't think he's going to have it all his own way tonight either...

I'm always happy to pay for cards that are worth it and even ones that aren't if I like the fighters enough, but the extra fiver b2b how awful the undercard is made this a streamer!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Joshua is always worth the big £25 for me because his fights are rarely dull. 

Don't think he's going to have it all his own way tonight either...

I hope he doesn't, I find him a very dislikeable character. I'm conflicted tonight - I really want AJ vs Fury next year, but I really enjoy it when Joshua loses.