IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

37 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the Fury issue is complex, the context is important. At the time he was going through serious mental health issues. He's also from the travelling community where tradition and traditional family values are prevalent. Doesn't mean I agree with him or that his views shouldn't be challenged though. 

Have you actually seen what Joshua said to Eddie Chambers or more recently his views about "not shopping at their (white people's) businesses" at a BLM protest? I appreciate the BLM remarks are more nuanced, but the Eddie Chambers stuff is fairly cut and dry regardless of context. It's been well covered up, but it's out there and is easy to find if you look.

The difference between the two is the cover up. Fury hasn't had that luxury. When he was going through his issues and made his comments he was treated very critically by the media, Joshua never was. It's the double standard that bothered me.

I also dislike Mayweather as a man, doesn't mean I don't think he's a good fighter though. Same applies to Joshua.

Do you think AJ is a racist?

4 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Pulev early, AJ late? 

I think Pulev is incredibly unlikely to get a decision, unless it's absolutely unquestionable. I could see Pulev late if he fights the perfect fight and just wears Joshua down with his jab ala Joyce vs Dubois or Arthur vs Yarde.. unlikely though. I'm expecting Joshua to win in the first 8 rounds, probably a highlight reel KO.