IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

14 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

He didn't have enough to keep him off, not quite GGGv Brook. 

I'm with you, not sure why Kelly felt the need stay in the pocket... 

Exactly mate, it wasn't all down to Avanesyan's pressure, although he was effective in applying it.

Kelly was almost trying to show he could tough it out and brawl too. I'm sure that wasn't in Adam Booth's gameplan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Alright Stortz, Reminds me of Valuev.. ? 

Will watch Canelo on Sunday morning. 

Fair play to him for staying active. 

Yes mate, big bugger wasn't he. Great that his name is Julius Long!

Will be watching Canelo in the morning for sure, beyond Saunders though it's hard to see where he goes for the next big fight-unless he fancies Beterbiev haha.

On 28/02/2021 at 08:08, TomF said:

Easy work Alvarez.  Almost call it a tune up.  Will the real BJS turn up against him? Either way I just think Canello will win on points at very worst 

Yes, I can't see that Saunders can bring anything Canelo hasn't seen before tbh. If you've been in with Mayweather, Billy Joe's ring IQ and speed is hardly intimidating.

Great news this evening that Josh Taylor gets a shot at being the first British undisputed champion in the 4 belt era

What a ******* fight!

Josh is bringing it home imo.

• Like 2

Marvin Hagler, the man who inspired me to start boxing as a feisty young boy, the man I wanted to beat to be World Champion, the man who was denied a proper ring celebration when he beat Minter to a pulp to win the Championship by the idiotic London crowd, the man who served up the most brutal fight with Tommy Hearns in Middleweight history. Rest in Peace Sir, my hero, my inspiration, the best, thankyou for everything x

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

8 hours ago, big dosser said:

fury should give aj a lesson but as we know in the heavyweight world of boxing it can take one punch.aj for me is a poor frank Bruno to robotic with a week chin. Fury will have him chasing shadows.

I dont buy this weak chin nonsense. 

On 14/03/2021 at 00:53, Stortz said:

Ah **** off

RIP champ

I hated that fight and couldn't understand why Hearns fought what turned out to be, in such a reckless way.  

It wasn't until the dust settled that it emerged that they had been involved in a whistle-stop 50+ tour of cities in the USA to sell the fight in cinemas, they ended up absolutely despising the sight of each other, hence the pub carpark feel about the fight. 

A great fantasy fight would have been Hagler v Monzon. 

Despite this fight Marvin was the best Middleweight of my generation. 

• Like 2