IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

48 minutes ago, TomF said:

Fair point, Usyk maybe? Risky one for both but winner potentially has to be first in queue for whoever comes out on top of AJ/TF saga? 

Quite possible, hard to say as they'll 'tread water for a year (at least) until Fury and AJ Have 2/3?  Fights... 

28 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Anyone watching Frampton tonight? It's on Channel 5 if you're interested.

Evening Owl, yes I'm watching.

Frampton looks so one dimensional now eh. Herring has seriously long levers.

Edited by Stortz

3 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Evening Stortz

Yeah, the size difference is ridiculous. 

All 3 to Herring so far. 

They look 3 or 4 weight divisions apart.

Bad cut that though, if it's from a punch then Frampton's chances have radically improved.

edit, clearly a punch, surely.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Evening all, 

Got Herring 3 up after knock down.. 

Evening Bird, Frampton is finished sadly.

Edit, good work from the corner.

Surprisingly excellent display from Herring, I'm genuinely impressed.

Edited by Stortz

Agree with all of that @Kid in the Riot. Boxing is littered with murdering bastards as managers/ promoters of course, but Kinahan and his crew are particularly brazen.

I must say Herring made a fan of me tonight, both for the punch perfect performance and his obvious absolute decency.

Back to Tigers Bay for a well deserved chill for Carl- I can see him scoring a decent media career hereafter.

Edited by Stortz

8 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Agree with all of that @Kid in the Riot. Boxing is littered with murdering bastards as managers/ promoters of course, but Kinahan and his crew are particularly brazen.

I must say Herring made a fan of me tonight, both for the punch perfect performance and his obvious absolute decency.

Back to Tigers Bay for a well deserved chill for Carl- I can see him scoring a decent media career hereafter.

Be in no doubt Kinahan is a murderous bastard and Lord knows why Frampton, at this stage in his career, thought it'd be a good idea to pair up with him. 

Agree, Herring was a class act.

Frampton reached some serious highs against Kiko Martinez, Santa Cruz and Donaire. 

Nothing quite prepares you for the decline of a boxer and for me Frampton looked a beaten man in more ways than one after the Warrington fight. That second knockdown tonight was a sickener. Definitely time to hang the gloves up, and like you say, handsome, bright lad like him will get media work all day. 

34 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Be in no doubt Kinahan is a murderous bastard and Lord knows why Frampton, at this stage in his career, thought it'd be a good idea to pair up with him. 

Agree, Herring was a class act.

Frampton reached some serious highs against Kiko Martinez, Santa Cruz and Donaire. 

Nothing quite prepares you for the decline of a boxer and for me Frampton looked a beaten man in more ways than one after the Warrington fight. That second knockdown tonight was a sickener. Definitely time to hang the gloves up, and like you say, handsome, bright lad like him will get media work all day. 

Yep, Kinahan is a properly nasty bastard, just like his dad.

The win over Santa Cruz was definitely Frampton's career highlight- although the fight with Donaire was maybe actually his best performance in my eyes- paticularly in the context of Nonito's subsequent fight with Inoue. The dismantling of Scott Quigg was entertaining too.

Herring v Oscar Valdez is one hell of a fight imo, fantastic clash of styles. Herring's accuracy tonight was preternatural.

Edited by Stortz

On 07/04/2021 at 09:33, Phileas Fogg said:

Sounds like Joshua vs Fury could be announced officially this week. Apparently either Saudi or Qatar. Big shame, but given the covid situation sadly inevitable.

The rematch must be Wembley. Would be an absolute travesty if the pair never fight in the UK. 

The fight is pure fantasy. There’ll be nothing announced this week. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

The fight is pure fantasy. There’ll be nothing announced this week. 

19 hours ago, daored said:

One of them clearly doesn’t fancy it , despite the big talk from Eddie & Frank 

19 hours ago, Super said:

Didn't get that impression from Warren on TS yesterday.

Looks like it’ll be announced either tomorrow or early next week. All this stuff in the media was to build hype.