IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Is he that bad Stortz? I haven't seen him, is he as 'pragmatic' as Andre Ward? 

Never mind, we're due another Curry v Honeyghan upset soon.. 

Mate he makes Andre Ward look like Arturo Gatti haha. He's a very good technical boxer, just massively risk averse.

Canelo gives him short shrift haha:

'Alvarez didn't hold back when asked why he hasn't answered Andrade's call.

"The truth is he hasn't fought with anyone, hasn't fought against anyone, and he's also boring, very boring," Alvarez said. "Maybe he's a good fighter, but he's a boring fighter, and at the end of the day, when there's a boring fight, people are going to blame me. I like fights where there's action, where people can enjoy a good show. That's very important for me. But also he doesn't represent a challenge for me, as well, because he hasn't fought against anybody."'

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxing/canelo-dismisses-demetrius-andrade-as-a-future-opponent-hes-a-boring-fighter/14n0m4r3ldbrh15ljw30lvaltb

I'll watch tomorrow morning, but can't see Williams pulling a Honeyghan- and BooBoo is no Curry!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Mate he makes Andre Ward look like Arturo Gatti haha. He's a very good technical boxer, just massively risk averse.

Canelo gives him short shrift haha:

'Alvarez didn't hold back when asked why he hasn't answered Andrade's call.

"The truth is he hasn't fought with anyone, hasn't fought against anyone, and he's also boring, very boring," Alvarez said. "Maybe he's a good fighter, but he's a boring fighter, and at the end of the day, when there's a boring fight, people are going to blame me. I like fights where there's action, where people can enjoy a good show. That's very important for me. But also he doesn't represent a challenge for me, as well, because he hasn't fought against anybody."'

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxing/canelo-dismisses-demetrius-andrade-as-a-future-opponent-hes-a-boring-fighter/14n0m4r3ldbrh15ljw30lvaltb

I'll watch tomorrow morning, but can't see Williams pulling a Honeyghan- and BooBoo is no Curry!

Ooh, hang on it's in the afternoon in Miami, so an 8pm start on DAZN, 11 for the main.

Happy days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Ooh, hang on it's in the afternoon in Miami, so an 8pm start on DAZN, 11 for the main.

Happy days.

Genuine antagonism between them at the weigh in. 

It doesn't take much to wind Andrada up.. 

From what I can remember Curry didn't even have to take the Honeyghan fight as making the weight was killing him and he planned on moving up a division anyway, he just saw it as an easy pay day.. 

Never the same after that beating.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Genuine antagonism between them at the weigh in. 

It doesn't take much to wind Andrada up.. 

From what I can remember Curry didn't even have to take the Honeyghan fight as making the weight was killing him and he planned on moving up a division anyway, he just saw it as an easy pay day.. 

Never the same after that beating.. 

I remember staying up to listen to it live on Radio 2 as a kid haha, could barely believe what I was hearing! 35 years ago in September, jeeze.

Andrade comes over as a really prickly character tbf. No matter what he's said in the build up, he clearly doesn't think Williams has any right to be in with him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I remember staying up to listen to it live on Radio 2 as a kid haha, could barely believe what I was hearing! 35 years ago in September, jeeze.

Andrade comes over as a really prickly character tbf. No matter what he's said in the build up, he clearly doesn't think Williams has any right to be in with him.

Me too, I think it was Ian Dark commentating , 35 years, wow.. 

I remember Colin 'the dig' Jones v curry, (split his nose) and his two fights against McCrory.. 

5 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Please Liam,

knock him out

Andrade holding and spoliing, Williams needs to make the space to work, he's getting smothered after landing single shots because Andrade knows he's miles ahead on the cards.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

116-111 Andrade.

Williams didn't show enough quality, but there was no doubting his heart. Once Andrade thought he was ahead he reverted to spoiling and flashy pot shotting as per. He is generally horrible to watch.

edit- 118- 109 x2 was harsh on Liam.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

The house heavyweight is getting it ATM

Evening Bird!

Adeleye could do with learning how to establish a decent jab before he tries with the hands down and right hand leads haha- it's very early in his career though. Frank was never having him lose that one on points was he?!

Interested to see Callum Johnson next.

edit- christ is Joe Gallagher living in a skip?

Edited by Stortz

2 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Evening Bird!

Adeleye could do with learning how to establish a decent jab before he tries with the hands down and right hand leads haha- it's very early in his career though. Frank was never having him lose that one on points was he?!

Interested to see Callum Johnson next.

True mate, how are you? 

It seems the Gas are dying on there arse every other season ATM.. 

Will learn more than Brunos first 16 under 6 round KO's

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

True mate, how are you? 

It seems the Gas are dying on there arse every other season ATM.. 

Will learn more than Brunos first 16 under 6 round KO's

Definitely, I thought the commentators were really harsh on him- Haye and Arthur put them straight.

All good here mate, it's always a wonderful day when those filthy ***** get relegated, I've raided the keep for special ocassions booze haha.

Not sure about the rigwalk tune for Callum here! Let's see if Beterbiev left anything of him.

Edited by Stortz

12 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I really don't know who's going to win mate.

Cash has been in with better fighters thus far but you could make a real case for either of them.

Proper good trade fight this.

True, Cash is heavy handed. 

Keep it in the locker... 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

AJ and Fury rumoured to be offered a record site fee of 150 million dollars. Hearn says probably happening in Saudi Arabia.

So I guess that means 75 million dollars each even before the astronomical numbers it will do on PPV. Surely it will be the most fighters earn from one fight of all time.

Hearn seems confident it will happen this year. I think the plan is August.

Hope so

they have to get the first one done before all the belts become fragmented again.