IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

After Dubois carried on fighting for a couple of rounds then he’s bottled, @Stortzwill be fuming 

Haha, you know me well mate.

Don't give it all the 'I'll die in the ring' bollocks then quit on your stool. Ebanie Bridges showed more balls than Dubois and Saunders combined against Courtenay.

I'm not a bit surprised by the scorecards, even if Saunders had knocked him out he'd have lost a decision.

@Owl Visiting commiserations on the football!

Edited by Stortz
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Just watched on a terrible zoomed in youtube video.

Nothing wrong with quitting when a boxer could lose their eye sight if they carry on.

The video I saw was so bad. It looked like Billy Joe was mainly outboxing Canelo, and Canelo was not hitting him clean that often.

I don't like Billy Joe but I wanted him to win as Canelo clearly been on PEDS in his career. Probably still is. He really does rely on that power.

Saunders had a neck to have a go at Canelo for PEDs given he was popped for oxilofrine and banned in 2019.

I would agree with you on the quitting if he hadn't loudly declared over and over that he would never quit and was a gypsy warrior who would die first in the ring rather than ever giving up.

Thought Billy Joe gave a decent account of himself. Nowhere near powerful enough to really threaten Canelo though. Best he could have hoped for realistically was a close points loss - but after seeing the cards it would've been a wide points loss.

Canelo just on a different level and too good.

I think it's possible BJS might retire. That injury is a nasty one and will be vulnerable if he boxes again.