IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Fury ordered to fight Wilder again.  Sounds like the BombSQAAAAAUID wants a cut of the AJ / Fury fight purse. What a joke 

Obviously why this hasn't been formally announced yet. FFS nobody wants to see a third fight.

• Like 1

Just when you think you can't hate Wilder any more, he proves you wrong.

Spent his whole time as champion fighting a parade of godawful bums other than Ortiz and Fury then tries to **** up the biggest fight in boxing in a generation.

Edited by Stortz

I dont blame Wilder for this at all. He's clearly getting what hes contractually entitled too.

I blame Team Fury for not getting this fight out the way. There last fight was 15 months ago!! They could have fought eachother 3 times in that time!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Riaz said:

I dont blame Wilder for this at all. He's clearly getting what hes contractually entitled too.

I blame Team Fury for not getting this fight out the way. There last fight was 15 months ago!! They could have fought eachother 3 times in that time!

Well there was Wilder's injury that kept him out for months, in addition to the pandemic...

Edit- Hahahaha

image.png.26c5ebad8760dccc821ff873f4f16f74.png

Edited by Stortz

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Yep it's not happening.

What I fail to understand is why ‘Team Fury’ haven’t mentioned this previously. Eddie’s been very outright stating it’s happening etc , why not come out and state waiting on a legal dispute to be concluded?

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

Eddie seemed to be the one doing all the work sorting out venue, funding while Warren and Arum sat doing sweet FA. I bet he's pissed.

Warren kept coming out and saying nothing is signed , fair enough. Why not expand on that by saying we’re awaiting a legal decision on fury v wilder and nothing will be agreed until that’s resolved. Warren, Arum & Fury don’t come out of this well 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, daored said:

Warren kept coming out and saying nothing is signed , fair enough. Why not expand on that by saying we’re awaiting a legal decision on fury v wilder and nothing will be agreed until that’s resolved. Warren, Arum & Fury don’t come out of this well 

Hearn says he was repeatedly assured by Arum that the arbritration was a formality. He was obviousy convincing enough for Eddie to devote the time and resources that he has to getting the fight over the line.

Looks like old Bob was hedging his bets though, with a stadium also booked for 24/07- I bet he didn't tell Hearn that haha.

Hope your little one is well mate.

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Hearn says he was repeatedly assured by Arum that the arbritration was a formality. He was obviousy convincing enough for Eddie to devote the time and resources that he has to getting the fight over the line.

Looks like old Bob was hedging his bets though, with a stadium also booked for 24/07- I bet he didn't tell Hearn that haha.

Hope your little one is well mate.

All good thank you @Stortzhow are you & your family ?

57 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Can’t wait for the fight tonight,should be a absolute belter,to close to call 

Definitely mate, it could be an absolute classic. I think Josh just about has a bit too much skill for Rameriz, but he'll need to avoid being dragged into a war.

Criminally underpromoted though, I still can't believe it's on Fite TV outside of the US ffs. Top Rank should be ashamed of themselves and I fail to see how Taylor's deal with the friendly gangsters at MTK has helped his profile in the slightest.

Only Bernard Hopkins, Jermain Taylor, Terence Crawford and Oleksander Usyk have been undisputed champions in the 4 belt era. A British boxer has the chance of following suit tonight and you would barely even know the fight was happening from the coverage in the UK.

Edited by Stortz

3 hours ago, Stortz said:

Definitely mate, it could be an absolute classic. I think Josh just about has a bit too much skill for Rameriz, but he'll need to avoid being dragged into a war.

Criminally underpromoted though, I still can't believe it's on Fite TV outside of the US ffs. Top Rank should be ashamed of themselves and I fail to see how Taylor's deal with the friendly gangsters at MTK has helped his profile in the slightest.

Only Bernard Hopkins, Jermain Taylor, Terence Crawford and Oleksander Usyk have been undisputed champions in the 4 belt era. A British boxer has the chance of following suit tonight and you would barely even know the fight was happening from the coverage in the UK.

Spot on mate,few of my mates staying up to watch it,it’s a must not miss but guess if you are not a gobby git then the British public will not have a clue who you are