IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

4 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Surely Hennesy Promotions is now some sort of money laundering operation?

I can't see how any of Mick's shows make any wedge haha.

Obviously chanel 5 sell a lot of documentaries.. 

I went to the Clevedon one, chaos.. 

? 

4 hours ago, TomF said:

18-0 and has all the belts, easily our best UK fighter atm?  Where now tho, up up 147 and fight Bud? 

Top 5 pound for poind in the world now imo.

A great performance from Josh against a very game Ramirez. Wonderful uppercut to knock him down in the 7th, aided by Bayless's comedic officiating- why on Earth was he tapping Taylor's arm as they worked out of the clinch? It was almost like he then realised that he'd messed up and gave Ramirez ages to recover to even things up- there was an extra 10 seconds of recovery time at least. Naive from Ramirez to get stiffed on the inside like that too- protect yourself at all times Jose!

Also, Ben Davison was lucky not to throw that fight away for Taylor in the last few rounds- repeatedly telling your man to stay out of trouble to ensure a points decision against a Mexican in Vegas is really trusting far more than you should in the judges.

Top stuff from Taylor though, surely major bouts now await him.

Edited by Stortz

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Haney lineras tonight should be a good one,expect a Haney stoppage 

See it the same JJT, this would have been an excellent fight v the Linares of 5 years ago, but there's not much left of him now beyong instinctive counterpunching imo, tough as he is.

Will catch this in the morning.

Did you see John Fury"s interview mate?

Not happy is he!

7 hours ago, Stortz said:

See it the same JJT, this would have been an excellent fight v the Linares of 5 years ago, but there's not much left of him now beyong instinctive counterpunching imo, tough as he is.

Will catch this in the morning.

Did you see John Fury"s interview mate?

Not happy is he!

He isn’t happy with Tyson,sounds like they have had a falling out 

44 minutes ago, TomF said:

Tyson does seem to be partying a lot over in the US atm.

Meanwhile, the neck on Warren to blame the situation on Hearn.. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/57294832

The thing that surprised me was their was no time limit on making Fury v Wilder 3.

i don't think either Fury or AJ will lose (realistically Usik's too small) just drags the fight further down the road.

Just watching some of Mike Tyson's knockouts.I remember when he exploded onto the boxing scene.Absolutely phenomenal.Lost his head when Cus D'Amato died,but has there ever been a more powerful fighter?Small for the division,but an absolute bulldozer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Slacker said:

Just watching some of Mike Tyson's knockouts.I remember when he exploded onto the boxing scene.Absolutely phenomenal.Lost his head when Cus D'Amato died,but has there ever been a more powerful fighter?Small for the division,but an absolute bulldozer.

I remember an interview with Terry Lawless after he attended a public workout by Tyson before his first fight with Bruno where he said "I've trained middleweight world champions who weren't as quick as Mike.."

Tysons book is an eye-opener to say the least.. 

8 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

I remember an interview with Terry Lawless after he attended a public workout by Tyson before his first fight with Bruno where he said "I've trained middleweight world champions who weren't as quick as Mike.."

Tysons book is an eye-opener to say the least.. 

Haven't read that I imagine it would be very interesting. Can you remember what it is called?Read a very interesting book about Jack Johnson a few years ago. 

• Like 1

IMG_0349.JPG.429efa8f9c69b4c2c0e41f74b4a57e9e.JPG

A quick snippet, when Tyson was released from prison Ali was waiting outside so they were going to a Mosque to pray, what really happened was Don King was waiting in a limo with $1.000.000 in cash which he spent on partying...

Edited by B1ackbird

45 minutes ago, TomF said:

Confirmed that Matchroom going to DAZN UK

No surprise is it. 16 exclusive UK shows plus the international cards so more than 30 per year.

I must say I like DAZN now I'm an old git, with their subscription model you can watch entire cards of major fights as live when you get up on a Sunday rather than schlepping through until 6 then dealing with the kids for the rest of the Sunday after a few hours of sleep.

Also no more Adam Smith on comms, so bonus!

• Haha 1

On 31/05/2021 at 12:08, B1ackbird said:

IMG_0349.JPG.429efa8f9c69b4c2c0e41f74b4a57e9e.JPG

A quick snippet, when Tyson was released from prison Ali was waiting outside so they were going to a Mosque to pray, what really happened was Don King was waiting in a limo with $1.000.000 in cash which he spent on partying...

A different side to him 

• Like 1