IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 hour ago, TomF said:

He’s been living it up in Vegas for quite a while now.  However big John told him to get his head down and think he’s been busy working away since.  Still think he’s too smart for Wilder have a chance. He beat him first time around after barely fighting anyone for 3 years 

And neither have fought since then - Feb 2020. Thinking about it, it's better to shake off the cobwebs against Wilder, then be fighting fit for Joshua than the other way round! 

The first Wilder fight went the distance so I hope Fury is fit enough for a long fight.

On 17/06/2021 at 21:11, TomF said:

He’s been living it up in Vegas for quite a while now.  However big John told him to get his head down and think he’s been busy working away since.  Still think he’s too smart for Wilder have a chance. He beat him first time around after barely fighting anyone for 3 years 

He pretty much admitted to Michael Bisping for BT that all the instagram stuff was a bluff - can't remember where abouts, think towards the end. The whole interview is pretty good though. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg

16 minutes ago, daored said:

It’s fury whose tested positive 

Oh really? This fight seems cursed tbh- it's not as if there's even much interest in it anyway.

It suits me though, I'm in a caravan in Cornwall with no wifi and barely a signal on the 24th!

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Hardly a shock with the amount of people he mixes with.

It's crazy isn't it, you'd think that if not his management then Top Rank would have made him be more careful in the build up to a multi million dollar fight as they were putting up all the wedge to stage it.

Boxing really needs to sort itself out. Wilder and Fury last fought on Feb 22nd 2020. Nobody then wanted to see them fight again. Yet here we are, nearly 18 months later, and neither of them has so much as set foot in a ring. We are instead faced with the prospect of waiting another 2.5 months before they fight each other again.

No-one wanted to see it 20 months ago, and guess what nothing has happened to change that.

It's shambolic and above all pretty boring. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Boxing really needs to sort itself out. Wilder and Fury last fought on Feb 22nd 2020. Nobody then wanted to see them fight again. Yet here we are, nearly 18 months later, and neither of them has so much as set foot in a ring. We are instead faced with the prospect of waiting another 2.5 months before they fight each other again.

No-one wanted to see it 20 months ago, and guess what nothing has happened to change that.

It's shambolic and above all pretty boring. 

Couldn’t agree more - it’s a farce.  There is only one fight the world wants to see and they are incapable of making it happen, as you say, it’s just boring now. 

• Like 1

On 21/07/2021 at 01:31, TomF said:

AJ v Usyk 25th Sept at White Hart Lane Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

At least both AJ & Fury fight within couple of weeks of each other so hopefully a Feb/March date if they both win...? 

I was hoping that the reschedule was more to bring Fury and Joshua on a similar fighting cycle also if they both win.

Bit of a long shot, but I signed up for the matchroom fight pass. Which gives early access for tickets, but after signing up noticed it has to be 7 days before they go on sale (I did it 6 days).

Would anyone happen to have a pass which they have a early access code that they won't be using? Would be hugely appreciated :)