IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Weird. The cut didn't look that bad as Lara went back to his corner, but by the end of the interval it was a gaping cut right across the top of his eye. 

Think we all thought the same,then the cornerman pulled out his Stanley blade and whispered we get paid full whack for 6 minutes here mind 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Na he said he thought he was, until he saw the cut... which was horrendous tbf. Just a bit weird imo that it didn't look half as bad when he went back to his corner. Warrington's corner weren't happy about something 

That's as bad as I've saw an eyelid cut for a long time, spose they thought he was milking the injury..

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Has to be said Lara was warning the ref about Warrington's head coming in from round 1. Warrington will likely fight again before any rematch, and I wonder if that diminishes the chances of it ever happening again. Not sure Lara really needs it. 

He was, Warrington was putting his head in from the start.

Can't see as there's anything for Lara to be worried about in Warrington- and where else could he make so much money atm?!

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Has to be said Lara was warning the ref about Warrington's head coming in from round 1. Warrington will likely fight again before any rematch, and I wonder if that diminishes the chances of it ever happening again. Not sure Lara really needs it. 

It may end up being best for both of them for the time being, JW avoids a career damaging 2nd loss to a previously unknown fighter and Lara can walk away with a big win and his rematch clause fulfilled albeit not conclusively.

Warrington can fight Wood or Galahad given how easy it would be to make those fights and maybe win a world title back before going back in with Lara or moving up in weight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

It may end up being best for both of them for the time being, JW avoids a career damaging 2nd loss to a previously unknown fighter and Lara can walk away with a big win and his rematch clause fulfilled albeit not conclusively.

Warrington can fight Wood or Galahad given how easy it would be to make those fights and maybe win a world title back before going back in with Lara or moving up in weight.

Yeah, that's a fair comment.

I'm sure they'd sooner fight Galahad (again) than Lara (again!)- Wood's an even easier option on paper.

5 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

I think Luke blamed Lara, not sure that was fair...

?

Just watched again, Warrington was warned about his head twice and butted Lara at least one more time..

Problem being his plan was to stop Lara working on the inside by grabbing him when he was near enough, pity as it was was shaping up to be a cracker...

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Haye and Holyfield making comebacks.  Anyone know what time Sugar Ray is on the undercard? 

A sad state of affairs- it was meant to be De La Hoya but he's in hospital with covid so Holyfield stepped in.

Eggington Jkitou was an absolute barnstormer last night

Sam always stops all the punches with his face haha. He won't remember his name by the time he's 40.

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Is DAZN charging for PPV for Saturday? I cancelled my subscription when price increased and had an email from them about re subscribing but no indication of extra cost for Saturday ?

Not sure it's on DAZN if you are in the UK.

Definitely a tricky one for AJ against a quick moving, technically gifted, southpaw. I keep reading that Usyk might be too small to beat him, which I think is nonsense. The bloke's 15 stone+ and 6ft 3! Of course AJ is bigger and has a reach advantage but Usyk is still big enough to cause an upset.

AJ will need to stamp his authority on Usyk early in the fight. Would be good to see AJ land some big shots early on to deter Usyk from coming forward which he managed against Pulev in his last fight to good effect. If he does that then I could see him going on to get the ko. If he doesn't then it could be an awkward night for him that goes to the scorecards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Definitely a tricky one for AJ against a quick moving, technically gifted, southpaw. I keep reading that Usyk might be too small to beat him, which I think is nonsense. The bloke's 15 stone+ and 6ft 3! Of course AJ is bigger and has a reach advantage but Usyk is still big enough to cause an upset.

AJ will need to stamp his authority on Usyk early in the fight. Would be good to see AJ land some big shots early on to deter Usyk from coming forward which he managed against Pulev in his last fight to good effect. If he does that then I could see him going on to get the ko. If he doesn't then it could be an awkward night for him that goes to the scorecards.

Interesting that Usyk is being trained by Anatoly Lomachenko again for this one after they out fought out thought Gassiev together back in 2018- a very similar assignment for Oleksander on Saturday against a far bigger puncher.

Most people seem to think he'll revert to his Cruiserweight style and weight and try to outwork and bamboozle Joshua with shots from unorthodox angles. It's clearly a dangerous game, but if anyone can do it, it's probably Usyk- it's a bit of a shame for the fight that he carries so little power at HW though.

Still surely AJ's most difficult fight to date on paper- and it's fantastic to have shows like this back at last!

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think Usyk could win this. AJ needs to relax and be his devastating self but I worry that he is prone to overthinking and losing his way.

38 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, it's a dangerous game to call a Mexican a mother****er.

Plant got shoved halfway back to Tennessee before coming back with that waft haha, Canelo is big angry.

Its a shame because plant is spot on with what he said in the presser,Canelo and Fury will always have questions about their drug taking (unless you believe they all were actually eating wild boar)

• Like 1