IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

On 23/09/2021 at 14:34, Dolman_Stand said:

They myth that AJ fought a washed up Klitschko makes me laugh, Fury beat him only 18months before and he was supposedly in his prime at that point and took very little punishment so to calim he was over the hill by the time Wembley happened is laughable.

AJ wins comfortably for me on Saturday, Usyk hasn't shown anything at Heavyweight that makes me think he will be able to hurt Joshua, the common thinking from pundits is that Usyk will be able to dance rings around AJ and win on points but he never managed that against Chisora who is levels below. AJ wins either by UD or Stoppage.

Told you so ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

100% there will be a rematch

Too much money at stake for him not to take it.

The Fury fight has gone completely out of the window as it stands

I wouldn’t be so sure,he’s a wealthy man and getting knocked out has clearly rattled him,he must know unless he shows some balls he will get well beat in a rematch 

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

@Phileas Fogg called this after the presser, Joshua has seemed weird mentally all week. Even walking to ring he looked totally unfocussed- like the Ruiz fight all over again.

Thought he looked fine to me. Tactics and performance just all wrong. He had to stamp his authority on Usyk early on, and he didn't even try to. When AJ actually caught Usyk, I thought he looked concerned. He felt the shots. But AJ never did it consistently enough. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thought he looked fine to me. Tactics and performance just all wrong. He had to stamp his authority on Usyk early on, and he didn't even try to. When AJ actually caught Usyk, I thought he looked concerned. He felt the shots. But AJ never did it consistently enough. 

Absolutely agree that he never really got to Usyk- I think that's as much down to Usyk's movement as much as anything else though. He was just far too good for Joshua.

Look at the head movement of the 2 boxers, one was operating in a different stratosphere to the other.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Absolutely agree that he never really got to Usyk- I think that's as much down to Usyk's movement as much as anything else though. He was just far too good for Joshua.

Look at the head movement of the 2 boxers, one was operating in a different stratosphere to the other.

He tried to box a boxer tho mate, what was he thinking? I'm afraid he needed to be much more aggressive and yes take some risks. But I saw tonight that when he connected, Usyk backed up pretty quickly. Once he tasted the power, he didn't like it. 

AJ followed Usyk around instead of dictating the fight. 

I think AJ will be game for the rematch but not convinced it's the best option for him. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Fury will do the same as chisora done if he fought him,get in close and use your strength,problem is AJ is just so worried about getting hit that he doesn’t want to even get close to anyone who can move their feet now and then stands off and still gets hit 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He tried to box a boxer tho mate, what was he thinking? I'm afraid he needed to be much more aggressive and yes take some risks. But I saw tonight that when he connected, Usyk backed up pretty quickly. Once he tasted the power, he didn't like it. 

AJ followed Usyk around instead of dictating the fight. 

I think AJ will be game for the rematch but not convinced it's the best option for him. 

Yeah, there didn't seem to be a game plan of any sort did there, what did they think they were doing?

I'm just saying give Usyk his credit too, rather than just looking at the clear deficiencies in Joshua's game. The man is ******* great.

image.png.6f43f2fd4fe161146afd02ce2ef2545e.png

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Fury will do the same as chisora done if he fought him,get in close and use your strength,problem is AJ is just so worried about getting hit that he doesn’t want to even get close to anyone who can move their feet now and then stands off and still gets hit 

Correct

Usyk deserved it he absolutely schooled him once he realised AJ showed he was bamboozled by his footwork. He was relentless from there on in

2 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, there didn't seem to be a game plan of any sort did there, what did they think they were doing?

I'm just saying give Usyk his credit too, rather than just looking at the clear deficiencies in Joshua's game. The man is ******* great.

image.png.6f43f2fd4fe161146afd02ce2ef2545e.png

Bang on. Great picture. He's hilarious to boot one of the funniest boxers out there