IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

happy man today as big dosser showed his class again, came in a bit heavy to lean on wilder and it worked a treat.got to give wilder credit to, made a great fight of it but Tyson is different gravy. Hopefully wilder is going to be ok as he took some heavy shots.

bring on Dillan white that will be 4 rounds of street fighting before tyson sees him off

usyk this would be a great tactical fight but i feel again Tyson's weight advantage would see him off but could go to points and no doubts this will be a 2 fight if not 3 contract.hopefully on par with the hagler hearns duran and sugar ray fights

aj one for the british fans big payday but sad to say the poor mans frank Bruno got no chance Tyson would wipe the floor with him in 3 and wont break a sweat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, big dosser said:

happy man today as big dosser showed his class again, came in a bit heavy to lean on wilder and it worked a treat.got to give wilder credit to, made a great fight of it but Tyson is different gravy. Hopefully wilder is going to be ok as he took some heavy shots.

bring on Dillan white that will be 4 rounds of street fighting before tyson sees him off

usyk this would be a great tactical fight but i feel again Tyson's weight advantage would see him off but could go to points and no doubts this will be a 2 fight if not 3 contract.hopefully on par with the hagler hearns duran and sugar ray fights

aj one for the british fans big payday but sad to say the poor mans frank Bruno got no chance Tyson would wipe the floor with him in 3 and wont break a sweat

I think you’re right. AJ is Wilder without the chin and aggression. 

6 minutes ago, big dosser said:

Agree on Whyte. If you think AJ is a poor man's Bruno you clearly know nothing about boxing.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Agree on Whyte. If you think AJ is a poor man's Bruno you clearly know nothing about boxing.

i know that saying will upset a few aj fans but i don't see alot of difference both inside and out side the ring, maybe im being harsh and maybe i know nothing about boxing even though i have followed since the great marvin hagler but im sure you will tell me sugar ray was better,as i said all about opinions.as bruno stuck to hp Source adverts aj should stick to the lynx.hopefully tyson fights aj for the public just to show how bad aj is but no matter what i will respect your opinion rather than saying you no nothing about boxing as its a cheap shot that went straight over my head.maybe you should look at some pictures i put on here a while ago before the cheap insult?

15 minutes ago, big dosser said:

i know that saying will upset a few aj fans but i don't see alot of difference both inside and out side the ring, maybe im being harsh and maybe i know nothing about boxing even though i have followed since the great marvin hagler but im sure you will tell me sugar ray was better,as i said all about opinions.as bruno stuck to hp Source adverts aj should stick to the lynx.hopefully tyson fights aj for the public just to show how bad aj is but no matter what i will respect your opinion rather than saying you no nothing about boxing as its a cheap shot that went straight over my head.maybe you should look at some pictures i put on here a while ago before the cheap insult?

AJ has lost fighting the wrong fight both times. He learned from first defeat see if he can do it again. Silly to write the guy off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Super said:

AJ has lost fighting the wrong fight both times. He learned from first defeat see if he can do it again. Silly to write the guy off.

the problem i have with aj and not all his fault,he has fell into the media and advertising bracket,also like big frank to much muscle and to robotic in the ring.im not saying he is not a good fighter and like frank has a big heart just nowhere near tyson.

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

I think you are being harsh on AJ - he’s a two time unified champion.  As much as I loved FB he was routinely gassed by 6th round and only hung on for dear life at the end of the 12th v McCall to final get a belt.  AJ may not be technically as gifted as Fury or Uysk but to be honest he’s never ducked an opponent - considering he’s beaten Whyte, Parker, Takam, Povetkin, Kovlev and Vlad.. that isn’t a too shabby CV -   Fury is the fighter of his generation, a freak at HW with his speed and skills.. Uysk potentially a P4P great too.    In some sense just grateful we’ve got such a lively division again as the brothers sucked the life out of it for a decade 

yes great points and with frank and the 12th round with mcall totally agree ,as above i think aj has made the mistake of going down the media and advertising root,as we know the media and sky Nevers gives fury the time of day due to his background but i feel it is a good thing,he has always battled against all the odds and like you has brought back my faith in boxing

57 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think you’re right. AJ is Wilder without the chin and aggression. 

AJ has proved plenty of times that he has a chin, he's also a better boxer than Wilder who stinks the place out with his technique and reliance on one big overhand right.

Sounds like an incredible fight last night, and that Wilder was possibly a bit improved but ultimately outclassed again by Fury. Despite great action in all three fights, Fury has won all three, so it's difficult to know exactly what this tells us about how good he is, and how good Wilder is.

Both will now look to alterative opponents and we'll learn more. 

Since they  both beat Wlad there is still an argument to be said that AJs resume is slightly better even with two defeats to his name. Other than Wilder, Fury has basically fought four bums, the best of which was probably Otto Wallin who fights Whyte at the end of the month. 

Don't get me wrong, Fury is probably a heavy favourite against Whyte, AJ and Usyk, however I'd like to see him actually do it now. Here's hoping for some more top heavyweight action next year.

Let's be honest, AJ v Fury at Wembley is still the biggest fight out there. For now... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

A trilogy worth its salt in any era 

Absolutely ? 

I could happily sit down and watch them back to back and not get bored! Great dance partners.

2 hours ago, 2015 said:

To think Wilder took Fury to court just to get knocked out again. 

I know you're just teasing but the 4th round showed that Wilder and Finkel almost managed a masterstroke getting this fight. Not to mention the fortune they both made from the fight (again).

Joshua v Wilder would be great fun.

I'm not sure how AJ would approach Fury though. What tactics could work for him? 

If Joshua tries to box on the backfoot and counter punch then Fury could bulldozer him with his footwork, reach and lethal one two.

If Joshua tries to fight on the inside and slug it out he needs to land the big punch otherwise he's going to tire very quickly.

If Joshua tries to stand tall in the centre of the ring I think he gets out boxed a la Usyk.

AJ has the punching power to beat any heavyweight but tactically I don't know what suits him v Fury. 

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

AJ has proved plenty of times that he has a chin, he's also a better boxer than Wilder who stinks the place out with his technique and reliance on one big overhand right.

Sounds like an incredible fight last night, and that Wilder was possibly a bit improved but ultimately outclassed again by Fury. Despite great action in all three fights, Fury has won all three, so it's difficult to know exactly what this tells us about how good he is, and how good Wilder is.

Both will now look to alterative opponents and we'll learn more. 

Since they  both beat Wlad there is still an argument to be said that AJs resume is slightly better even with two defeats to his name. Other than Wilder, Fury has basically fought four bums, the best of which was probably Otto Wallin who fights Whyte at the end of the month. 

Don't get me wrong, Fury is probably a heavy favourite against Whyte, AJ and Usyk, however I'd like to see him actually do it now. Here's hoping for some more top heavyweight action next year.

Let's be honest, AJ v Fury at Wembley is still the biggest fight out there. For now... 

Oh come in, AJ has been severely shaken by everyone he’s faced recently. Doesn’t matter who, he’s always looked in trouble at some point he definitely has a suspect chin. Had the fight against Usyk been 30s longer he’d have been KO’d. 

If AJ were to take on Fury, he’d have to adopt similar tactics to the ones Wilder last night and hope for a KO… there’s no way he’s going to outbox him.

In 100 fights with Fury, AJ would win a couple. 

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, big dosser said:

Talk to the hand mate, because the face ain't listening. You best pipe down as Brazen Steve is now in motion and he said he'd be with you pronto yeah?

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Only way I see AJ winning is if he does it inside 4-6 rounds of a total war and one of his uppercuts lays TF out cold. 

Despite thinking Fury winning 95/100 maybe it’s still a fight I’d like to see.  Let’s see Whyte v Fury,  Fury v Usyk, AJ v Wilder and AJ V Fury.  Been starved of these fights for 3 years because of Wilder/Fury etc. 

AJ versus Wilder would be an interesting one. I’m not sure AJ could’ve got up from the canvas like Fury did last night. And if he did, he’d have just had that “I know I’m going to lose” smile that he does. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

AJ versus Wilder would be an interesting one. I’m not sure AJ could’ve got up from the canvas like Fury did last night. And if he did, he’d have just had that “I know I’m going to lose” smile that he does. 

It's okay because it's "all about the process..." ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Oh come in, AJ has been severely shaken by everyone he’s faced recently. Doesn’t matter who, he’s always looked in trouble at some point he definitely has a suspect chin. Had the fight against Usyk been 30s longer he’d have been KO’d. 

If AJ were to take on Fury, he’d have to adopt similar tactics to the ones Wilder last night and hope for a KO… there’s no way he’s going to outbox him.

In 100 fights with Fury, AJ would win a couple. 

And how many times has Wilder knocked down Fury? Last night twice again, and it sounds like he may well have been saved by the bell at the end of R4. "Severely shaken" if you like. Even Fury's brother admitted after the fight he was shitting it. 

Fury has won two of the three fights comfortably but taken a fair bit of punishment in fights 1 and 3. 

I was thinking back earlier to before Fury first fought Wilder and most of the talk was that Wilder was a one trick pony and a really poor boxer. Now Fury has spent the last 4 years fighting him, and no-one else of note, he seems to have been elevated in some people's eyes to not only the current best heavyweight but also one of the greatest of all-time. You gotta laugh ?

33 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And how many times has Wilder knocked down Fury? Last night twice again, and it sounds like he may well have been saved by the bell at the end of R4. "Severely shaken" if you like. Even Fury's brother admitted after the fight he was shitting it. 

Fury has won two of the three fights comfortably but taken a fair bit of punishment in fights 1 and 3. 

I was thinking back earlier to before Fury first fought Wilder and most of the talk was that Wilder was a one trick pony and a really poor boxer. Now Fury has spent the last 4 years fighting him, and no-one else of note, he seems to have been elevated in some people's eyes to not only the current best heavyweight but also one of the greatest of all-time. You gotta laugh ?

Sorry, I know you're not responding to me there but I think you're massively underestimating Fury there, and he's rated by all the knowledgeable people in the boxing world.

• Like 4