IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

She'd have beaten Eubank's opponent I reckon ?

Some brutal shots there. Very good. 

Haha, she'd have given Hammer problems too!

I think Marshall's the best female puncher I've seen. Real spite and power in the shots and judges the distance absolutely beautifully. She was walking Muzeya onto shot after shot.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Does anyone know the actual reason Peter and Tyson Fury actually fell out? Read a few theories about money owed for the Parker fight and then stuff about training in Hayes gym etc 

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Exactly what I read- that it was a serious falling out over money Tyson had leant Mick Hennesey and Peter, then the Haye gym training was the final straw.

Peter Fury did an interesting interview on the Boxing Life Stories podcast if you're interested. He refused to talk about the falling out, but he does open up a bit on his crime background. I thought he'd just been a bit of a heavy back in the day but he was a huge player in the drugs and protection racket.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Peter Fury did an interesting interview on the Boxing Life Stories podcast if you're interested. He refused to talk about the falling out, but he does open up a bit on his crime background. I thought he'd just been a bit of a heavy back in the day but he was a huge player in the drugs and protection racket.

Yeah, he was a pretty major dealer wasn't he, he supposedly supplied a fair proportion of the UK's amphetamine for many years!

edit- he's a great boxing journalist Tris Dixon eh.

Edited by Stortz

6 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, he was a pretty major dealer wasn't he, he supposedly supplied a fair proportion of the UK's amphetamine for many years!

edit- he's a great boxing journalist Tris Dixon eh.

They're a fascinating family in that Fury clan. I wonder how much John was involved in that stuff and how much the kids were aware of it.

Tris is a bit clunky with the broadcasting but he's seriously knowledgeable and churns out good content.

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How come Parker is so far up Furys ass? Goes to his fight, goes partying with him after, now got a Fury tee on... is he that far away from a title shot? Clearly they ain't ever gonna fight. Strange from Parker tho imo, maybe he just knows his level 

20211016_224851.jpg

I think they used him a sparring partner for the Wilder fight, but yeah he seems to be part of their crew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

So he potentially gets to fight Fury regardless. Nice swerve for the money..

It's very clearly this isn't it.

Now he's definitely mandated for Fury, why on Earth would he risk all of that in a dangerous fight with Wallin?

You can't blame Whyte at all after waiting for all these years for a shot.

• Like 1

This is curious. First it seemed strange that the WBC announced Fury's obligations just days before his fight. Now, Whyte's team seems to have identified a loophole whereby his fight with Wallin is now pointless. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but it makes me wonder what conversations have been had with the WBC in the shady corners of gentleman's clubs.

On 16/10/2021 at 22:50, Kid in the Riot said:

How come Parker is so far up Furys ass? Goes to his fight, goes partying with him after, now got a Fury tee on... is he that far away from a title shot? Clearly they ain't ever gonna fight. Strange from Parker tho imo, maybe he just knows his level 

They've been pals for a few years - around the time Hughie fought Parker. Some think that's a factor in why Tyson doesn't work with Peter anymore. 

Parker has trained in Morecombe with Andy Lee for Chisora 1 and looks to be doing so again for the rematch.  

I think we can put to bed the theories that Tyson Fury will retire now. His good lady wife has been quoted as saying that she expects him to continue boxing for a couple more years. 

Hopefully that means that we can have confidence that the Joshua and maybe Usyk fights can be made.

The good news is that Arum has asserted that a homecoming fight is due. He namedropped Dillian Whyte (I guess if they have no choice), and also Joe Joyce, who is a Frank Warren fighter and therefore is a very easy one to schedule.

IFL TV are releasing an exclusive interview with Anthony Joshua today which I'm sure will be filled with talk about 'the process' and 'I'm still learning with every fight' and 'we go again'.