IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

I don’t see such a problem. At least they’re at the same stage in their career. Much rather this than a champion in a ‘warm up fight’ or something similar. 

As for PPV, just look how many replies this typically dormant thread has got since the announcement. Personalities sell over quality of match ups these days. Boxing fans will mostly say they won’t tune in but will on the night if they’ve nothing better to do, and the fight still carries some form of casual audience, which is more than what most champions manage. 

If I cried for lost fights or for fights not happening during fighters peaks half of Bristol would be underwater. Boxing is a *** of a sport and industry, just have to enjoy the fights as and when they come. 

9 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I don’t see such a problem. At least they’re at the same stage in their career. Much rather this than a champion in a ‘warm up fight’ or something similar. 

As for PPV, just look how many replies this typically dormant thread has got since the announcement. Personalities sell over quality of match ups these days. Boxing fans will mostly say they won’t tune in but will on the night if they’ve nothing better to do, and the fight still carries some form of casual audience, which is more than what most champions manage. 

If I cried for lost fights or for fights not happening during fighters peaks half of Bristol would be underwater. Boxing is a *** of a sport and industry, just have to enjoy the fights as and when they come. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll absolutely watch it- I just refuse to pay for it. I'm happy to pay for decent fights, but not cash outs.

And as for dormant thread, it must be in the top 5 of replies on the entire board? It just gets a bit busier when the casuals pitch in- the sort of people who are genuinely excited by this fight.

Edited by Stortz

On 28/11/2021 at 12:11, TomF said:

Completely turns the division on its head now.  Loma will be fired up next week.  

Lopez was under what is now called " the Warrington delusion.." if you stay in the pocket and punch away for long enough, your bound to stop your opponent...

Yarde v Arthur 2 tonight, hope there is more than six punches per round thrown this time...

11 minutes ago, Stortz said:

3 shots when he was down mate. Very decent argument for a DQ there.

Skeete was too honest for his own good.

The last punch especially was ridiculous and clearly hurt Skeete. I agree, with your opponent already on the canvas, disqualification would've been fair. 

Even more absurd when you consider on the same bill a fight was stopped because a boxer got punched in the face, whilst on his feet! 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 2

On 04/12/2021 at 22:58, Stortz said:

3 shots when he was down mate. Very decent argument for a DQ there.

Skeete was too honest for his own good.

Fair play, Sheeraz has offered Skeete a rematch despite not being contractually obliged to do so.

Dom Ingle was drafting a complaint to the board though, and maybe they would've ruled a no contest, in any event. 

But fair play to Hamzah for stepping up imo. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair play, Sheeraz has offered Skeete a rematch despite not being contractually obliged to do so.

Dom Ingle was drafting a complaint to the board though, and maybe they would've ruled a no contest, in any event. 

But fair play to Hamzah for stepping up imo. 

Yeah, it's the right thing to do but fair play to him.

15 minutes ago, TomF said:

I see Tommy Fury has pulled out of his fight with Jake Paul. Sure we’re all gutted not to see that potential fight of the year spectacle 

Haha, what a tragic development

image.png.d51d44d43ed119d67ea98b8180232e75.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 07/12/2021 at 19:33, Super said:

Tyson can enjoy himself this Xmas. He is levels above Whyte. Easy nights work.

Maybe. Though Tyson doesn't seem exactly keen to fight him. Whyte allegedly ko'd Tyson in sparring. 

I don't massively rate Whyte but he will swing some punches and has ko power, so we shall see. 

Complacency an enemy to Fury, for sure. 

• Like 1