IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

35 minutes ago, TomF said:

I caught the highlights on YouTube yesterday funnily enough and had to mute the DAZN comms it was awful.

Anyway Bivol/Canello seems to have crept up without little fanfare tonight 

Yeah it has! This is a serious test for Canelo, Bivol is no washed up drunk like Kovalev. The fact that he's still a red hot favourite at Light Heavyweight illustrates just how good Saul is.

It's a shame Hrgovic pulled out of his fight with Zhang on the undercard, but Montana Love and Marc Castro are entertaining fighters.

Canelo by late stoppage.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

Yeah it has! This is a serious test for Canelo, Bivol is no washed up drunk like Kovalev. The fact that he's still a red hot favourite at Light Heavyweight illustrates just how good Saul is.

It's a shame Hrgovic pulled out of his fight with Zhang on the undercard, but Montana Love and Marc Castro are entertaining fighters.

Canelo by late stoppage.

Bivol doesn’t carry enough power so agree,saw something stupid tother day about him wanting to fighting USYK 

10 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Bivol doesn’t carry enough power so agree,saw something stupid tother day about him wanting to fighting USYK 

Usyk would definitely be that step too far for Canelo in my eyes.

Canelo is something very special and the fact i am saying usyk will be a step too far shows just how much Canelo has achieved and how good he really is considering the weight he started off at.

Canelo is an absolute class act to say the least.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Very comfortable for Bivol. He fought smart and disciplined. Canelo's footwork wasn't good enough, but even when he got on the inside Bivol was the stronger fighter. 

Judges all had Bivol by two, but it was probably a bit wider than that. 

Not sure a rematch is needed but expect we'll see one. 

Bivol's footwok was excellent eh. He was lighting Canelo up at times and nobody's done that since GGG.

Canelo had a poor night but I agree, I can't see a rematch going any other way. Bivol is too big and too good.

Bivol v Beterbiev for undisputed would be incredible if Artur gets past Joe Smith in June as most expect.

• Like 1

Canelo couldn't go through the gears like I expected, perhaps it was down to Bivol, but, you would have thought he would step it up in the second half of the fight but he didn't/couldn't do so.

If he carries on with his 3/4 fights per year policy it could be GGG next, I think it would have irked him so much he'll trigger his rematch clause ..

58 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Fight city in the next two days..

?

Almost like a pitch invasion.....

Evening Bird, I always hope Lejarraga loses because of that stupid rat's tail on the back of his head!

Looking forward to Buatsi Richards tomorrow, it could be a cracker.

Edited by Stortz

11 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Evening Bird, I always hope Lejarraga loses because of that stupid rat's tail on the back of his head!

Looking forward to Buatsi Richards tomorrow, it could be a cracker.

How is it mate..

Britain has a similar conundrum than Ali, Frazier, Foreman and Norton.

I feel Yarde is top of the pile ATM,,,

23 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

How is it mate..

Britain has a similar conundrum than Ali, Frazier, Foreman and Norton.

I feel Yarde is top of the pile ATM,,,

All good thank you mate, I hope you are too.

Fair play to Metcalf tonight.

You'd think the Yarde fight is the natural next fight for the winner tomorrow, promotional politics allowing. Buatsi's development has been frustratingly slow and it's it's about time he was in fights like this. Richards put in an excellent display against Bivol last year, it's a great match up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

All good thank you mate, I hope you are too.

Fair play to Metcalf tonight.

You'd think the Yarde fight is the natural next fight for the winner tomorrow, promotional politics allowing. Buatsi's development has been frustratingly slow and it's it's about time he was in fights like this. Richards put in an excellent display against Bivol last year, it's a great match up.

True,

Let's throw in Calum Smith as someone who could shine in this division as well..