IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

21 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Hearn is taking the absolute piss here:

What an total shitbag he is. £17.98 either way for a 5am fight.

'Game Changed' they said haha.

Edit, just cancelled my subscription, I shall simply steal it from the internet from now on.

To be honest you might as well. For whatever reason, they don't seem to be trying very hard to stop the cord cutters from making it available, I have a friend :whistle: who has watched most of the recent big fights for free. I guess there is enough advertising and enough people who are unaware of how to get it free to make it pay 

24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

To be honest you might as well. For whatever reason, they don't seem to be trying very hard to stop the cord cutters from making it available, I have a friend :whistle: who has watched most of the recent big fights for free. I guess there is enough advertising and enough people who are unaware of how to get it free to make it pay 

Yeah of course, it's as easy to stream as watch legitimately. I didn't mind paying a flat fee for decent fights every month, the same as I don't mind paying PPV if the card deserves it.

DAZN are just taking the piss though, so I'll nick all their content in the future like your 'mate' haha.

34 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Benn-Eubank, Usyk-Joshua II, Canelo-GGG III, Shields-Marshall, Mayer-Baumgarner, Ruiz-Ortiz, Joyce-Parker, Stevenson-Conceicao all happening in the next few weeks.

Which one messes up my 21/1  7-fold?

Benn 
Usyk 
Marshall
Mayer
Ruiz
Parker
Stevenson

Backing each fave, which won’t come in as never does, is 9/1

I can see Benn losing if Matchroom don't absolutely batter CEJ on the rehydration clause. Weight classes exist for a reason, ask Kell Brook!

I also reckon Baumgardner will beat Mayer and Joyce will outwork Parker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

True. But gonna be an absolute brawl in fairness. Looking fwd to it. 

Whether I pay for it, or not ?

The only way it's a brawl is if CEJ is absolutely dead at the weight.

All this talk of Benn fighting a top 5 welterweight haha, absolute breeze being chatted.

No wonder Eddie tried to get Maurice Hooker for Conor too, Blair Cobbs battered the crap out of him last weekend.

Edited by Stortz

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Is it a big enough draw? I notice they are showing it at the Albion pub in Portishead if that helps.

Not sure mate. I googled it and it looks like they showed the first one .

im right next to the ground so would be a touch if so, save me solo paying for a home purchase 

there will def be somewhere in town I could head to but AG would be great for convenience. Might give them a buzz 

4 hours ago, internetjef said:

Not sure mate. I googled it and it looks like they showed the first one .

im right next to the ground so would be a touch if so, save me solo paying for a home purchase 

there will def be somewhere in town I could head to but AG would be great for convenience. Might give them a buzz 

I saw a poster for it outside the Bishops by the arches too, but that's a bit of a trot!

It'll definitely be on in Walkabout on Corn Street- mind you, you by the time you've had a few pints there, it'll have been cheaper at home haha.

Check back here on the night mate, there will be streams galore I'm sure given Usyk is giving it away free on YouTube to everyone in Ukraine.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

I just don't get this fight, its like trying to create beef that isn't there between two fighters, at different weights, at different times of career. 

As you say CEJ will just have too much power at his natural(ish) weight.  What does an L do for Benn? Puts him back quite a bit.  Granted if he wins he probably finishes CEJs career. 

CEJ's career such as it as haha- a succession of tomato cans to hit with 87 punch featherlike combinations, bitchass callouts that led precisely nowhere and a great deal of posing about the gaff!

The manufactured beef at the presser is just cringey. Conor comes over as even more unlikeable than Chris, which is really quite an achievement.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Fury's retired........again.

It's pathetic now tbh. If you're serious, give the belts back and and stfu for a while, and if not please just pipe down and stfu for a while.

21 hours ago, Stortz said:

I saw a poster for it outside the Bishops by the arches too, but that's a bit of a trot!

It'll definitely be on in Walkabout on Corn Street- mind you, you by the time you've had a few pints there, it'll have been cheaper at home haha.

Check back here on the night mate, there will be streams galore I'm sure given Usyk is giving it away free on YouTube to everyone in Ukraine.

It's on at the Drawbridge and O'Neill's in town

Edited by southside
Spelling

4 hours ago, Stortz said:

CEJ's career such as it as haha- a succession of tomato cans to hit with 87 punch featherlike combinations, bitchass callouts that led precisely nowhere and a great deal of posing about the gaff!

The manufactured beef at the presser is just cringey. Conor comes over as even more unlikeable than Chris, which is really quite an achievement.

It's pathetic now tbh. If you're serious, give the belts back and and stfu for a while, and if not please just pipe down and stfu for a while.

CEJ is clearly more interested in money,his “I want belts in 22” has seen him fight the welsh lad and a welterweight 

On 10/08/2022 at 06:38, And Its Smith said:

Benn-Eubank, Usyk-Joshua II, Canelo-GGG III, Shields-Marshall, Mayer-Baumgarner, Ruiz-Ortiz, Joyce-Parker, Stevenson-Conceicao all happening in the next few weeks.

Which one messes up my 21/1  7-fold?

Benn 
Usyk 
Marshall
Mayer
Ruiz
Parker
Stevenson

Backing each fave, which won’t come in as never does, is 9/1

Benn and Parker i personally believe could slip you up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Hoping for a top fight.

Usyk looking quite a decent size.

It's virtually guaranteed to be a far better fight this time mate.

Joshua knows his biggest chance is to get to Usyk early. Usyk looked preternaturally determined at the presser just now.

Fireworks from the opening bell imo.

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

It's virtually guaranteed to be a far better fight this time mate.

Joshua knows his biggest chance is to get to Usyk early. Usyk looked preternaturally determined at the presser just now.

Fireworks from the opening bell imo.

I dunno about guaranteed, has been some time since Joshua just went at someone.  If anything he has had more of a gun shy approach fir some time like he knows he can be hurt and when hurt he stiffens.

I hope and personally believe that you could be correct tho. I still have a feeling Usyk will come out on top tho and possibly stop him this time.

31 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Usyk rounds 5-8. AJ could do it, it would need a career best display though...

?

Yes it would.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TomF said:

Get the feeling it'll be over before round 6 one way or another.   

Need a vintage AJ of old to come out with confidence and just batter him.  The question is whether Usyk will just dance around him and pick him off himself.

Is a tough one to read onto.

I get the impression looking at Usyk that he has bulked up considerably expecting an AJ full out attack. I get the feeling he has something in mind for this with his extra size to cope with it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Is a tough one to read onto.

I get the impression looking at Usyk that he has bulked up considerably expecting an AJ full out attack. I get the feeling he has something in mind for this with his extra size to cope with it.

Being streamed on Usyk's YouTube channel for free via vpn (Ukraine) just in case anyone was thinking of paying (in these cash strapped times)

Edited by CodeRed

On 17/08/2022 at 16:45, TomF said:

Get the feeling it'll be over before round 6 one way or another.   

Need a vintage AJ of old to come out with confidence and just batter him.  The question is whether Usyk will just dance around him and pick him off himself.

My thoughts too. I really think Usyk is going to knock him out. 

Don’t really know who I want to win tbh. Love both for different reasons 

• Like 1